#7 Adam Treloar

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

If we get rid of Treloar for pick 14 it would pass the Grundy deal as the dumbest thing the club has done this year with list management

If anyone thinks Treloar for 5 years at 900k was over the top, I’d love to know your opinion on 7 years at 1 million for a worse player...
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Regardless of the rationales for attempting to offload a number of quality players, from a PR stand point, our club has handled this trade period disastrously. The next time anyone from our club mentions "side by side", the hypocrisy will be deafening.

We have managed to deeply damage our 'brand'.

I knew that some players would be off loaded after our pathetic performance in the Geelong Final, but the manner in which this has been mismanaged, coupled with the public acknowledgment of our mismanaged salary cap situation, is a deplorable situation. It smacks of some amateurish decision-making. Despite our lack of Premiership success, I thought our club was nevertheless being run in a professional manner.

Quite frankly, I'm embarrassed by the incompetence being displayed by our football department, which risks severely damaging the culture and spirit within our club. Hopefully, we recover quickly and put all of this mess behind us asap, but there is a serious risk that we could be in for years of mediocrity, stemming from a damaged team culture.

Not happy Jan.
Couldnt agree more. its not just the players who need to remember they are not bigger than the club. The optics of this whole debacle are terrible. Im so embarrassed, and quite frankly disappointed and disgusted at the way some of the players are being treated right now. No wonder no big names are queuing up to come to us, even if they think they can get paid overs!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Mr Miyagi wrote:What I’m trying to say is chillax, folks.

If Treloar and Stephenson are so good, why aren’t clubs falling over themselves to trade for them? Especially with us paying some of their wages? More to the story we’ll never ever know.
If Treloar and Stephenson aren't so good, why are we paying them so much?
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

If Treloar and Stephenson are so good, why aren’t clubs falling over themselves to trade for them? Especially with us paying some of their wages? More to the story we’ll never ever know.
Because we were doing whatever it took to keep players around so that we could win the 2019 or 2020 flag?
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Because we were doing whatever it took to keep players around so that we could win the 2019 or 2020 flag?
That's probably wishful thinking. I thought that you may have had a point but then when you take into account what has been done with Grundy later on, I think that it falls down. Grundy was re-signed with the club knowing that others would have to make way as a result. His contract directly leads to the diminishing of our chances of a flag in the near future.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Fox Footy reporting that we're gonna have to pay 300k a year for FIVE YEARS to get the Dogs to take one of our best players.

This is atrocious.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

sherrife wrote:Fox Footy reporting that we're gonna have to pay 300k a year for FIVE YEARS to get the Dogs to take one of our best players.

This is atrocious.

Welcome to Collingwood
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

If, if, if we are expected to pay $1.5 million towards the Treloar wage, they can pony up with Pick 14 plus their first rounder in 2021. Period.

If they say no- walk away from the deal- Treloar is still wanted by the playing group and is still a very fine player... Don't give Phillips away for peanuts to Hawks

Also, Stephenson for Pick 11 and a future second rounder or "No, thanks...!"

Swallow what dignity we still retain and draw a line in the sand with all future wage negotiations...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

I don't understand why we didn't just sit the players down in a room, show them the maths, and ask them - especially the best paid - to take a cut for the sake of team cohesion and continuity. A few percent from each player shouldn't be a big deal, surely.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

sherrife wrote:I don't understand why we didn't just sit the players down in a room, show them the maths, and ask them - especially the best paid - to take a cut for the sake of team cohesion and continuity. A few percent from each player shouldn't be a big deal, surely.
The players are not loyal to Collingwood.
To them it’s a job and like most jobs it’s about money.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

slangman wrote:
sherrife wrote:I don't understand why we didn't just sit the players down in a room, show them the maths, and ask them - especially the best paid - to take a cut for the sake of team cohesion and continuity. A few percent from each player shouldn't be a big deal, surely.
The players are not loyal to Collingwood.
To them it’s a job and like most jobs it’s about money.
Yeah I’vevbeen saying this all year. Geelong did it, and the players put team first and some took pay cuts... and guess what they won flags!