#1 Leon Davis

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Before he started.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Needs to show more by the end of this year or could be under threat of being traded.
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

MarkT. I understand what you're saying about the time he has had to develop etc. But judged on this year, he is one of our better performers.

His stats from this year:

Wizard Cup
Round K H D M HO T FF FA G B
1 8 6 14 5 0 3 3 0 0 0
2 9 5 14 2 0 2 0 0 0 0

Home and Away Season:
Round K H P M HO T FF FA G B
1 14 3 17 5 1 2 1 1 2 1
2 8 7 15 2 0 2 3 1 0 0
3 6 0 6 2 0 3 2 1 1 1
4 6 3 9 1 1 1 1 0 0 2

Well above his career average for disposals despite the amount of time spent on the bench.

round 1 was listed in the best. Now Round 3, he was on for maybe 50 minutes. Who knows why, but MM didn't put him on the field. Round 4 was not one of his better games but he was playing with a broken wrist he sustained during that same match.

Definitely needs more consistency, but not easy when you're out injured.
Go Pies!!!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

When he get's back from injury, I hope he takes a leaf out of Mark William's book and puts the gimmicks and lairizing away for a while. The guy kicks one goal and runs around the boundary with his finger in the air like he is Muhammed Ali.

Kick 8 in a game Leon - then I'll clap you around the boundary. Until then, kick your goal, get back to your position, and think about what you have to do to get the next goal, and the one after that.
Gomez

Post by Gomez »

If he could actually do what we imagine remembering him doing, & he did it a few times a game, he'd be finger waggle worthy.

Right now he's no loss, wave goodbye worthy.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Love the little fella and rekon he's been great for the club on and off the field.

Being pidgeon holed as an impact (i.e. coming off long spells on the pine) forward pocket is a bit of a dud gig and hasn't helped his consistancy or his fitness in my opinion.

However, he looked to have done the hard yards this season up until his injury, still maturing and ready to produce some of his best footy for the pies, I'm looking forward to his next couple of seasons.

go THE IGNITOR! as BT would say.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Neon and Egan reeking havoc on our forward line is a very tantilizing prospect for the next couple of years.

With Travis, Rusling, Taz, Ant and Dids, Davidson in the wings, looking forward to that line being fed by a couple of classy PP and 1st pick classy midfielders, hmmm.
MagpieDynasty

Post by MagpieDynasty »

Psychosis wrote:I like Leon Davis, although I believe he is in the Collingwood side for more than his football abililty alone. If you look at the bigger picture u will know what I'm talkin' about. Personally, I think its a good thing.
Surely you jest Psychosis...Does this opinion extend to the rest of our indigenous listed players. Would you care to elaborate further on "the bigger picture" statement, I am intrigued. :)
The new Magpie Dynasty is just a season away!!
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Those are ordinary stats and show how he can't string games together. They make him a low scoring forward and a low possession midfielder who offers little else. This is the point. People build up us better performances and they are average while his lesser games are downright ineffectual and very numerous. He'll be back soon, possibly this week. I hope so. He needs to be a damaging player on a regular basis over the balance of this season. I'll bet anyone he can't do it.
Magpie_5

Leon

Post by Magpie_5 »

One of the few really exciting players on our team. Agree he needs to do more but also needs more of a go. Not rotating between the forward pocket & bench. I'd rather keep him.
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

You can't have big stats when you're on the bench.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Will certainly be retained.
Had enough touches considering how much time he's spent on the pine so far this season (Love to ask MM why) - What's more important is how effective all his kicks & handballs are!!..... VERY,.. creative & accurate!!!
As i've said many times, Leon has been a revelation this year!! I only hope he can continue to improve and be an integral part of the Pies!!!

Look, i'm only a recent leon convert (this year!!!) despite all the fan-fare during his first seasons. I hate to see 'flashy' players form vary so much in a short space of time,...... anyome remember 'Robbie Ammat'!!!! ???? But having watched Leon more closely towards the end of last & particularly this year, i think he has it sorted and can be a whole lot more!

Just hope he stays on track & make his way to the midfield on a regular basis!!,... i think he can!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Let's hope Leon matures into the midfielder-change-forward-pocket we hoped he could be. He definitely looked to have improved a bit before he got injured.

As with MagpieDynasty, I am also curious about this 'big picture' you refer to Psychosis.
leon is #1

Post by leon is #1 »

i think he will if he's given a chance
LEON IS #1
leon is #1

Post by leon is #1 »

LEON IS #1