Defending Dane Swan - Part 2

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

On behalf of Dane, I wish to express thanks to those who have faith in the young lad!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What is on behalf of Dane he or she wish to express thanks to those who have faith in the young lad like on behalf of Dane he or she wish to express thanks to those who have faith in the young lad.
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

[quote="KYPREO"

Time in Williamstown seems to have improved him drastically.[/quote]

true...but a kick up the arse from MM and Eddie re his court room appearances has had more effect. a good thing too as, while he'll never be among the elite, he's an honest, hard at it bloke and you cant have enough of them. (take note ryan lonie)
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

His only real position is back pocket/flanker right? So the question has to be asked, can he negate/spoil an opposition forward like Lovett or Milne or whoever? I mean thats one of the reasons i've always disliked Cole; for a HBF he is amazingly unaccountable.

If he can do that, there might be a place for Swanny in the back pocket, otherwise, he has no chance possessing only average skills, average pace, and average ball finding ability. Whilst this is often enough for some players to play 100 games or so, our side is chocablock with clones of his sort so i doubt there is room for more.

Still, at the moment he is in good form and can stay in, but once Buckley returns and Heath or Yakka or whoever (you would think at least one would make it) comes into the side, he will be struggling to find a place.

Swan = Betheras - some heart and goal-kicking nouse.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
skaman
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Swan reminds me more of a Shane Kerrison type. Hopefully just as good as Kerro. (maybe part of a Premiership team, as was Kerro !)
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

In the battle to avoid delisting Swan just played his ace and won the pot. Still a few hands to go but he has Cole and a few others on the ropes.
Nath

Post by Nath »

Swanny, along with Jimmy Clement, was the difference on Saturday. Pivotal clearances at pivotal times.

He is one paced and his disposal is good but far from excellent. He will put his head over the ball, he will tackle and he will chase, every team needs one and he is doing the job at the moment
Joel

Post by Joel »

I just watched the replay, and even being at the game, I didn't notice how much influence he had. He was very good for the majority of the game. If he keeps that up, he will cement his spot.

Mark is right. Cole and others are looking shaky. I think we will trade a couple of players this year, and he might be one of them.
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

I think we jump on an off players to much. No player can be great all the time. I would'nt write off Cole or Lonie for that matter.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Can see the comparision, sherrife. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, either.Hopefully Dane can win more of the ball then Rupe did in his later years.
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Mark, I'd still keep him. This is my 'go' list:

Gone:
-Lokan (sad - I like him)
-Williams

Under the pump:
-Davis (believe it or not)
-Bill Morrison
-Brent Hall (both he and Morrison may still come good)
-David King (harsh)
-O'Bree (although recent form warrants retention)

Then who? Dane Swan would have been there, but is now right back up there. So far that is six. Lonie and Cole are solid trade bait (I'd retain the former). O'Bree will keep his place if he continues his form. Hard to choose who goes, thats for sure.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

bump - just to show what a visionary 3rd Degree was way back then - there were two other installments as well - lets take a trip down memory lane shall we...
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Thank you Damien Love 'the Shameless' pick by the way ! Yep Swan has been a champ this year and the book is presently been pressed in a labatory out the back of Mark T's house the AFL want a cut and me and Dane have called them rex *nts!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
skaman
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Whats your next big scoop Nostrashameless!!? :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by skaman on Tue May 09, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!