Who are we Targeting????????????????

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

b.shaw has signed with bundoora playing in the nfl i think its called now. r.shaw is going to be coach

j.crow i think has signed to play in the vfl with us. it could be on here somewhere
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

There has been no official word about Justin Crow signing for this year, although he is training with the VFL squad.

I needed re-confirmation about Brayden as another site is adamant he is training with Collingwood and will play VFL.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Dale61 wrote:There has been no official word about Justin Crow signing for this year, although he is training with the VFL squad.

I needed re-confirmation about Brayden as another site is adamant he is training with Collingwood and will play VFL.
Did Crow use to play for us in the AFL?

Brayden in the VFL would make Tony Happy.

Anything on Saad Saad?
I am Da Man
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Brayden is at Bundoora from my Valley contacts.

Saad Saad's brother's name is Sammy, how is that for you Dave?
Barge
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Saad Saad does not come cheap and he is worth every dollar.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Culprit wrote:Saad Saad does not come cheap and he is worth every dollar.
There's good coin to be made by blokes who either don't have the discipline to play in the AFL or are too short/slow for their percieved position by playing in suburban or country leagues.

I remember a bloke called Sutton. Daryl or Trevor I think it was, played for Deniliquin in the early 80's at FF. Wasn't very tall, bare 6 foot and wasn't very fast on the lead, but even when the opposition put 3 players on him, his team would still kick it to him and he'd mark it. :shock: Kicked over 200 goals one year from memory.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Stui, if it's the same Sutton I'm thinking of, his name is Trevor, and he also played for Nightcliff in the Darwin comp.

It was never a case of kicking 100 goals a year, it was how many over 100 he would kick. He was a goal kicking machine.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Didn't Darryl Sutton play for North Melbourne?

Tess, Northcote Park also have the coin for SS.
Barge
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Tess wrote:
Culprit wrote:Saad Saad does not come cheap and he is worth every dollar.

Thats why Greenvale is about the only Local Club north of the CBD able to even consider him.
A few clubs will find space in their wallets if he wishes to play there. If he isn't at Collingwood my money is that he will move to Sheparton where he has been offered a job. They have a large Muslim community that love their footy up there.
puppet

Post by puppet »

hi all knowing a bit from around the traps at 1 stage we shouldve chased down bronnik davies from the northern bullants but he will stay put probably now
go pies
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Dale61 wrote:Stui, if it's the same Sutton I'm thinking of, his name is Trevor, and he also played for Nightcliff in the Darwin comp.

It was never a case of kicking 100 goals a year, it was how many over 100 he would kick. He was a goal kicking machine.
Yeah, it was trevor.
In 1982, Sutton kicked 249 goals, the Australian record, during a season in which he missed the big sticks almost as many times as he put the ball through them.

During a typical match in his stellar season, Sutton would kick 12 goals, six behinds, three out of bounds on the full and still find time to abuse spectators. The ultimate showman, he often took screamers and, instead of turning around to face the goals, he would kick the ball over his head.

Legend has it that on his first night at training, he booted a ball through the goals from near the wing, a fair achievement at the Deniliquin oval, especially in bare feet. He went on to kick 121 goals in his first season and his record tally in the second included hauls of 24 and 24 in two matches against Coleambally.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 97117.html

Certifiable lunatic.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Is there anything new Guys?
I am Da Man
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

If something has happened, DTM, it would be posted here.

Nothing has come up in the news, hence, we find nothing on here.
The_Magpie

Post by The_Magpie »

Dave The Man wrote:Is there anything new Guys?
I managed to get down to the Old Gosch's paddock on friday to watch the reserves train, however instead of this, they had an intra-club match, which was quite entertaining. It lasted less than an hour, but from what i saw, theres alot of young and up and coming talent there, and so I think the coaching staff are doing a great job.

A few players that caught my eye, were:
- Crow: saw him play for the bullants last year. he had a sensational year, and dominated this match!
- Another tall lad, think he was with the doggies: great height, and great hands. work on his kicking, and he'll be a great pick up for us!
- A small forward player, whom I cannot recall his name, however I can get that for you if you please, as he is a friend of a friend: was too quick for everyone on the field. managed to kick 3 or 4 with ease, and looks extremely promising for this year and for the future!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

- Another tall lad, think he was with the doggies: great height, and great hands. work on his kicking, and he'll be a great pick up for us!
Tim Walsh.

BTW thanks for the above wrap.