What are you listening to right now?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

oooooooohhh she looks as lovely as she's ever gonna get...

I wake up from this nightmare in a pooooooooooooooool of sweat!

Love it.

I just bought Muse's last album. First of theirs I've bought. What took me so long???
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I don't mind a bit of Muse.

Managed to get the Neil Young best of onto the playlist at work today. Never gets old!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Ok I'll try not to do gets old too much.
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Theo Ziras - my guitar tutor. :)

The Territory 4 CD.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

A young Kate Bush singing Come Together !!! Awesome.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Lateast album from John Butler Trio and kd Lang 25 year compilation. Her duet with Roy Orbison is awesome.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Blondie hits on Music Max. ;)
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

A mid-80s psych LP by an obscure Adelaide band I'd never heard before, the Garden Path. It's pretty good, in a Syd Barrett-era Floyd kind of way.

Also an EP by an even more obscure but utterly wonderful Adelaide all-girl teenage trio called Dandelion. I've written a piece about them, which I'll post when it's published in a week or so. It'll have links to their stuff.
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
kickit2me

Post by kickit2me »

Wrapt to see this thread still in the charts.

pietillidie wrote:Talking Heads
Massive fan. Currently listening to the album True Stories. Try Papa Legba with cans on. Actually there are 4 songs in a row at the beginning of the album (Love For Sale, Puzzling Evidence, Hey Now, Papa Legba) where the use of the pan from l to r speakers was a feature. Used greatly in their latter work. The Lady Don't Mind works with cans as well.

My all time favorite Heads song though is from their early album 'Remain In Light'. A song called Listening Wind.

Other Heads songs that aren't on the playlists that are worth listening to include:

Thank You For Sending Me An Angel
Sugar On My Tongue
Pulled Up
"And that effort by Ezard was pathetic" - Don Scott.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

True stories was a great LP.
Height of their powers.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

the side effects of too much onion
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

kickit2me wrote:Wrapt to see this thread still in the charts.

pietillidie wrote:Talking Heads
Massive fan. Currently listening to the album True Stories. Try Papa Legba with cans on. Actually there are 4 songs in a row at the beginning of the album (Love For Sale, Puzzling Evidence, Hey Now, Papa Legba) where the use of the pan from l to r speakers was a feature. Used greatly in their latter work. The Lady Don't Mind works with cans as well.

My all time favorite Heads song though is from their early album 'Remain In Light'. A song called Listening Wind.

Other Heads songs that aren't on the playlists that are worth listening to include:

Thank You For Sending Me An Angel
Sugar On My Tongue
Pulled Up
The first four albums are great aren't they? Heaven, from Fear of Music, is a classic. Also really like Found A Job, from the second album. The film Stop Making Sense is a fantastic document - an entire career boiled down to 90 minutes. Still the best concert film ever for mine (in contrast, Shine A Light bored me to tears, and I love the Stones)
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

The daughter has been over a few times this week and sticks the TV straight onto MTV on the foxtel.

When did every second d1ck start using these tone modifying device/software/whatever which makes them all sound like Alvin and the chipmunks on vibrato? :? :x
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Auto-tune, Stui. It's a curse I agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

x3. The death penalty isn't sufficient.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange