Jackson Paine: On the Move?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Az

Post by Az »

Albert Parker wrote:^More like for our pick 6, rather than our pick 10
Yeah but didn't really think we'd bother losing a player just for the sake of jumping up two spots
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Az wrote:
Yeah but didn't really think we'd bother losing a player just for the sake of jumping up two spots
But what do you think Paine represents in order to attract such a big lift in the draft positions?
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
chicken wing

Post by chicken wing »

There were a few Western Bulldogs supporters calling in to radio stations today asking about Paine. Might be on their radar in the event that the Crameri deal falls through?
Az

Post by Az »

Albert Parker wrote:
Az wrote:
But what do you think Paine represents in order to attract such a big lift in the draft positions?
A forward of which they are desperately in need of in addition of still snaring a quality mid. I think Paine could do well as that Chris Dawes dummy lead up forward if given enough game time. In reality he's not going to ever get that at the Pies now with Jesse coming in. As someone corrected me previously he kicked 45 goals this year which is not too shabby at all.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Yeah but you're talking a few steps up the draft at the point end of things. That's too much value for Paine, although I acknowledge that they could do with a forward with Brown on his last legs.

Karnezis for Paine seems a fair swap to me.
Az

Post by Az »

Albert Parker wrote:Yeah but you're talking a few steps up the draft at the point end of things. That's too much value for Paine, although I acknowledge that they could do with a forward with Brown on his last legs.

I am not talking about Brisbane buddy I am referencing the Western Bulldogs
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

chicken wing wrote:There were a few Western Bulldogs supporters calling in to radio stations today asking about Paine. Might be on their radar in the event that the Crameri deal falls through?
dogs will get crameri via the draft/psd
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

maybe offer paine to GC.
Az

Post by Az »

GC? They are forwards galore up there they don't need him.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Az wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:Yeah but you're talking a few steps up the draft at the point end of things. That's too much value for Paine, although I acknowledge that they could do with a forward with Brown on his last legs.

I am not talking about Brisbane buddy I am referencing the Western Bulldogs
My mistake, but same principle applies. Not sure he's worth a few spots upgrade at the pointy end of the draft
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Wokko wrote:Same height as Fevola, if the talent is there then that wont stop him making it as a full forward.
So is Pendles and Maxie.

He's a good catch but is not quick. 3rd tall forward, slight upgrade on Jack Anthony with more talent and less acceleration.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Wokko wrote:Same height as Fevola, if the talent is there then that wont stop him making it as a full forward.
So is Pendles and Maxie.

He's a good catch but is not quick. 3rd tall forward, slight upgrade on Jack Anthony with more talent and less acceleration.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am 50/50.

I can see him being a Good Forward but he can also be a Flop
I am Da Man
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Some talk about of a straight swap between Paine and Karnezis but I'm not enthused by it, prefer to give Paine another year.

In his second year Paine was our leading goal kicker and was the fourth highest goal kicker in the VFL, was our highest ranked player for score assists in the VFL, was our equal highest taker of marks (107) and was fifth on our VFL list for total disposals as a key forward. That is not a bad effort anyway you look at it for a second year tall key forward.

Obviously, the kid still has plenty of development left in him, not sure if we could expect the same from Karnezis.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

rand corp wrote:Some talk about of a straight swap between Paine and Karnezis but I'm not enthused by it, prefer to give Paine another year.

In his second year Paine was our leading goal kicker and was the fourth highest goal kicker in the VFL, was our highest ranked player for score assists in the VFL, was our equal highest taker of marks (107) and was fifth on our VFL list for total disposals as a key forward. That is not a bad effort anyway you look at it for a second year tall key forward.

Obviously, the kid still has plenty of development left in him, not sure if we could expect the same from Karnezis.
With Cloke, White, Reid, Witts, Lynch and maybe even Karnezis available as marking forwards for us in 2014, I can't see how Paine could possibly get a senior game.