Bucks and Dangerfield

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I'd seriously consider Dangerfield especially if we lose Beams. He would clearly cover the loss of Beams and he's now beginning to enter the peak of football career just like Beams as well.

I would love Dangerfield and I heard reports yesterday that Pendles met with Dangerfield and his manager over a coffee or something along those lines so at least it seems like we're considering the possibility of going after him.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Dangerfield is a good player but disposal by foot is too inconsistent which is something we definitely don't need more of, need midfielders who hit the target, plus I don't think Dangerfield is going anywhere
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

After watching Danger on the Footy show you could tell he was less than impressed with the way Crows handled it. Sure he spoke the club line, but his body language was a big giveaway.

He may look at leaving, and Crows may trade him in a chance of attaining a 1st round pick as would be better than if he decided to leave in 2015 as the compensation would be nowhere near as strong.

The coffee rumour? Players do this a lot, i am not reading much in this.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:Dangerfield is a good player but disposal by foot is too inconsistent which is something we definitely don't need more of, need midfielders who hit the target, plus I don't think Dangerfield is going anywhere

He is though a goal kicking mid which is what we r loosing with beams.

Danger can play extremely well as a legitimate forward and us a great overhead mark like beams.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

For mine Dangerfield would be a step up on Beams. He's seriously hard at the footy and has both the big body and speed to create opportunities. He's not as sure by foot as Beams but exceeds him in any other way for mine.

I can't see the Crows trading their best player cheaply though.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Albert Parker wrote:For mine Dangerfield would be a step up on Beams. He's seriously hard at the footy and has both the big body and speed to create opportunities. He's not as sure by foot as Beams but exceeds him in any other way for mine.

I can't see the Crows trading their best player cheaply though.
We offer them the Beams compensation and nothing more.

If they don't accept it then fine we'll use our pick 4 on a top line young player and come knocking again for Danger at the end of 2015 with a salary cap minus the Beams salary and they can risk losing him for nothing more than a probable compensation pick of 10 or greater.

We make a play for Danger this year purely because he'll have less suitors than next season when F/A kicks in.

However retaining pick 4 and still being a chance to obtain his services at the end of next year for nothing is still appealing and arguably a better outcome if we can snare him.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!