Levi Greenwood - selects the Pies

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Agree, on 2014 form we'd have him for sure. He'd make a good Beams replacement. There's just a question on whether he'll maintain that.
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I think with his ability to play run with roles he would definitely add something
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If he decides he wants out to join the pies then it may make a deal of Beams for pick 4 and 24 more likely.

If Brisbane aren't willing to part with pick 24 for Beams then they're just being stupid and stubborn.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
woftam

Post by woftam »

North have upped their offer according to their coach. I think he will probably stay put.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

AN_Inkling wrote:Agree, on 2014 form we'd have him for sure. He'd make a good Beams replacement. There's just a question on whether he'll maintain that.
has taken a while to find his feet.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

His kicking is seen as only average though he obviously has other admirable traits.

Not to fussed if we miss out.

If we end up getting pick 24 as part of the Beams deal, pick 22 for Lumumba all coupled with our own pick 28 that'll be 5 top 30 picks that Hine has to work with.

A lot of if's I know at this stage and it wont help us much next year but if you can choose wisely no reason to think that come 2016 some of those players can start to have a positive impact on the team.

Beams and Sidebottom were both premiership players in there second year and I kind of like the idea of loading up with another group of talented kids again as we look to make our way back up the ladder.

Of course if Dangerfield is on offer all bets are off.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'd rather use pick 22, 24, 4 and if necessary a player to get Dangerfield.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Rudeboy stop putting forward players that nobody wants ;).
swoop42 wrote:His kicking is seen as only average though he obviously has other admirable traits.

Not to fussed if we miss out.

If we end up getting pick 24 as part of the Beams deal, pick 22 for Lumumba all coupled with our own pick 28 that'll be 5 top 30 picks that Hine has to work with.

A lot of if's I know at this stage and it wont help us much next year but if you can choose wisely no reason to think that come 2016 some of those players can start to have a positive impact on the team.
It's true that young mids can have an almost immediate impact. We do need a few older players around them though, and I think bringing in at least one more mid-aged mid for the two that we're losing along with Ball is a good idea. Greenwood on 2014 form fits the bill. As with you though I'd not be distraught if we missed out.
Well done boys!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I asked a mate of mine who is a mad Roos supporter about Greenwood this morning. He reckons he's a gun player, who had injuries on and off for a few years but finally had an injury free season this year and blitzed it as a hard in and under midfielder. He said that in round 3 or 4 he played his first senior game for the year, got about 40 possessions and kicked 4 goals, and was never dropped again. He actually thought he should have won their best and fairest. I honestly don't know him, but after hearing this I'm now pretty keen to get him.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

was drafted back in 2007, second round. seven years in the system now. 74 games.
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

I didn't realise how close this was, apparently it's a choice between us and staying at Norf now. Only saw this bloke play against Essendon and he played a blinder.
Joel

Post by Joel »

woftam wrote:North have upped their offer according to their coach. I think he will probably stay put.
According to a journo on SEN this morning he is odds on to come the Pies. Not sure who the journo was because I only get the tail end of it.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Joel wrote:
woftam wrote:North have upped their offer according to their coach. I think he will probably stay put.
According to a journo on SEN this morning he is odds on to come the Pies. Not sure who the journo was because I only get the tail end of it.
Jay Clark of the Herald Sun, apparently...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

apparently 3aw is reporting greenwood has requested trade to pies.