2014 draft:player bios, phantom drafts etc. Who do you want?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

watt price tully wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:Peter Brampton dean gore josh hone
Any links to those suggestions? Couldn't find much at all on Brampton apart from a Norwood mention

Blakely, Gore, Bampton would all be in the mix at 30.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 0pj9n.html

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/k ... t.1060197/
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

These guys are young footballers from my local area who I have seen play throughout there junior years in the adelaide hills and have coached josh hone.

Bampton on baller great endurance in and under type player has played league football at norwood. Had a ankle injury which he could not play most of the year which hindered his opportunity to play in the u18 championship and tried to get back and play in norwoods league finals campaign

Dean Gore strong bodied can play a variety of positions . Reads the play very well great skills. Just your old fashioned footballer. Had a great u18 campaign
And played league football at sturt this season

Josh hone, rover, forward, great pace good overhead for his size, knows where the goals are and loves kicking them. Played league footy at sturt also had a good u18 campaign. Will be a cult hero if he gets picked up
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

I hear that Peter Bampton really comes alive on the big stage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTvI0VqZY8
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Updated phantom draft (Oct 17) by Paige Cordona. These are probably the best we have at this early stage. Has Laverde to the Pies at 5.

http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-card ... draft-5-0/
Well done boys!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

As a type, I'd be very happy with Laverde. Actually think he fits our team better than Brayshaw.
Well done boys!
Museman

Post by Museman »

Kids got something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8jFaLNplY

Aiden Anderson
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

dont want to get too carried away, but Anderson's highlights reminded me of someone. Which I finally realised was none other than................ Dane Swan
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

AN_Inkling wrote:As a type, I'd be very happy with Laverde. Actually think he fits our team better than Brayshaw.
I agree inky. He's the Botempelli we missed out on last year. With Adams, Freeman, Kennedy, Greenwood and Thomas, we have plenty of hard at it small/mid sized midfielders. Laverde would give us real size and class around the packs, and great flexibility to use him all over the ground. If Crisp and Karnezis come on as hoped, we would have the perfect mix of inside/outside and run with players.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Museman wrote:30,

Kids got something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8jFaLNplY

Aiden Anderson
I like. :)
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Still the one I want.

He's this year's potential Bontempelli (actually the better comparison may be Fyfe as he's quicker and a stronger mark than Bonts). Currently not rated as top 10 material but once we know what the clubs think that could change. If he gets it all together he'll be a freakishly talented mid, his ceiling is higher than all but the absolute top picks.

I'm just not sure he'll go as high as 5 as there is some risk. On the positive side we have a head recruiter who's not afraid to make a big call.
Well done boys!
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Yeah, I doubt he'll go top 5 and unlikely he'll fall to 30. But you never know, Marsh fell a long way with similar attributes.

Like the look of Laverde anyway. He'd be my second pick in the draft behind Petracca for us.

And Wheeler nowhere mentioned a lack of work rate. In fact the opposite. I did read that in Paige's Phantom, but I don't take too much notice of those.
Well done boys!
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Some nice detail. It does seem that there is common ground on his lack of intensity during games. I was more talking about work rate to improve his game.

I think the Mitch Morton comparison is off, even though I've not even seen him play. Morton was 6-7cm shorter and less quick and athletic than Lamb. Given his excellent pace, agility, stamina and his good ability below his knees, I see no reason why Lamb can't play on a wing, and feel that's where he'll end up being best suited. He has compared himself to Bontempelli.

It will be interesting to see where he goes. Last draft these types ended up going higher than expected, with both Bonts and KK shooting up the draft board. Lamb does not seem as ready-made as those two so will likely fall to somewhere in the teens at least.

These early Phantom drafts are good reads and are useful as a general guide, but shouldn't be taken too much heed of. In 2-3 weeks we'll have a more solidly grounded idea of who might be taken in the top 10.
Well done boys!