The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

When I first heard about the Dangerfield play I thought "yeah right".... but to the best of my knowledge the Crows haven't even commented on it... for mine that makes it a serious possibility. If it were a possibility then it's down to what the Crows want from Brisbane. Pick 4 and???

We have to play hard ball. Our club is a business, they have a 2 year contract left on one of the best players in the comp. You do not, even in these circumstances, let him go for anything less than the best. As I said in another thread our age/experience profile has gone waaaaayyy to far to youth/inexperience. We must replace Beams with an experienced player. Pick 4 is irrelevant at this stage I believe.

We shall see I guess.
Side By Side Forever
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

Apparently we can forget retaining him... well that's just sh** isn't it.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dayne- ... 7073150293

I actually feel quite angry after that. Is it possible the Pies will say sit the year out instead of dealing??

Sounds to me their sending a few warning shots across the bow of Brisbane. Put something amazing up or forget it, regardless of the humanitarian element in play here.

If he is now demanding Brisbane and won't talk of going to the Suns I sense there is something fishy going on.

Damn I'm really angry now. Get Dangerfield... make it happen.
Side By Side Forever
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done boys!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Just that if Hanley was coming to Collingwood Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. Maybe they would, but it's not a good comparison to the deal we're trying to strike as it's nowhere near fair price.

Clearly though, Hanley is in his thinking. He'd certainly be a good addition to our backline.
Well done boys!
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Fire Up wrote:the suns are starting to get involved with beams. think they are willing to give up early pick and player.

what is swallow and o'meara's contract at?

we have enough talls, we will need a midfielder seeing as swan is almost/is 30
Swallow re-signed this year so he's contracted to the Suns until the end of 2017 and O'Meara re-signed last year which extends his deal with the Suns until the end of 2016.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Pearce Hanley just had his brother join him in Brisbane. He's not coming to Collingwood unfortunately.

Beams declared his father had beaten cancer 2 weeks ago. That's great news for him, and while I realise there is risk of a relapse, it seems to make it a little less necessary to disappear from Collingwood.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Museman

Post by Museman »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^Just that if Hanley was coming to Collingwood Brisbane would be asking for Pendlebury or Beams. Maybe they would, but it's not a good comparison to the deal we're trying to strike as it's nowhere near fair price.

Clearly though, Hanley is in his thinking. He'd certainly be a good addition to our backline.
You think? :oops:

Not a very good negotiating technique, he's made Hanley sound the equal of beams....

Feels like amateur hour at Collingwood, if I smell blood the wolves almost certainly do.............
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

Albert Parker wrote:Pearce Hanley just had his brother join him in Brisbane. He's not coming to Collingwood unfortunately.

Beams declared his father had beaten cancer 2 weeks ago. That's great news for him, and while I realise there is risk of a relapse, it seems to make it a little less necessary to disappear from Collingwood.
If this is true, what the hell is going on? Sorry but if that's the case then that strengthens our position if you ask me, regardless of Beams' wishes.
Side By Side Forever
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^The word is that he's already had a relapse.
Well done boys!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I'd prefer pick 7 and a player from GC, lots more talent to pick from who've done the yards and are ready to do soon if not now. Much better IMO.

If Brisbane is the preferred option I have NFI what players they have that we may want. Not sure if just taking an inferior (to Dayne) midfielder is the way to go, we have enough of those already.
The problem is stui that the Suns have not declared any interest in trading for Beams.
Give it time. Players of Beams quality don't become available all too often.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:Pearce Hanley just had his brother join him in Brisbane. He's not coming to Collingwood unfortunately.

If this is true, what the hell is going on? Sorry but if that's the case then that strengthens our position if you ask me, regardless of Beams' wishes.
Rumour is that his father may not have been completely honest with the family when he was claiming he'd beaten cancer and only last week disclosed the reality of his situation, and that apparently is not good. Obviously no public statements so it remains guess work at this stage.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Simply must play hardball on this one. Lions reckon pick 4 and that's it. Reckon they can wait a year. Well f@ck em! They can wait.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
axl13

Post by axl13 »

if he plays for us next year we will receive bugger all in the free agency for him. So we have to get the best possible trade this season for him
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

axl13 wrote:if he plays for us next year we will receive bugger all in the free agency for him. So we have to get the best possible trade this season for him
Yep. I reckon that is on the money.

Otherwise we hope like hell that the Lions do worse than 4th bottom next year.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman