Welcome to Collingwood Jordan De Goey

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

I like this kid, plays with a real intensity. Seems to have elite anticipation and sees the game before most others. He hits the ball at speed, plays on incredibly quickly like he has some inside info about what is about to happen before the players around him. Athletes who have this gift of anticipation are usually good decision makers and hard to combat. I can see why Hine and others rated him very high. This kid is going to make things happen in the blink of an eye.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

AFL Web site wrote: PICK 5 JORDAN DE GOEY COLLINGWOOD
PLAYER BIO
Former club: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 187cm
Weight: 82kg
Position: Defender
2014 STATISTICS
Games: 5
Goals: 2
Avg Kicks: 8.2
Avg Marks: 3
Avg Hballs: 7.2
Bit old isnt he?
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Dr Pie wrote:
I was hoping that we would pick Peter Wright, but that was because I have no confidence in Ben Reid's ability to avoid injury and Jesse White's ability to play at AFL level. However Hine, Buckley et al have a better understanding of the club's needs than I do.
We must really rate our tall forwards because we passed on Reece Mckenzie too.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Welcome aboard Jordan.

Seems a safer pick than Laverde, Langford or even a Cockatoo. Hopefully we can find some x-factor in the rookie draft.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop

Post by swoop »

well Im just wrapped with this.
Fantastic result.
GoPies!
BTW
Welcome
JDG
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

Reminds me of Tim and Jobe Watson. Has footy sense in his bones and will transition to AFL like "click".

And Tannin, your last post in response to 35 forever was a pearler! Noice work.
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Tannin wrote:
35forever wrote:It just seems we ended up with a lot of skinny kids who might be guns, but probably not in 2015.
It's called the "draft". There was one last year too, and in fact every year. All the players in it are young ones just out of school, or even still at school. Strange but true. Clubs take it in turns to pick them in the hope that some of them will turn out to be champions after a few more years of training and growing into adults. That is where all the big, grown up players come from. Despite what you may have heard, they don't turn up under cabbages, we make them out of a mixture of hard work and skinny kids.

Oh, and let me take this opportunity to welcome you to Planet Reality; it's not a bad place once you learn your way around. If you get lost again, just ask any Nickster for help. Well, almost any Nickster.
Remember had we picked ready made players via trade he would have whinged that we had gone short term rather than develop kids with better upside
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Fatui Attata wrote:
And Tannin, your last post in response to 35 forever was a pearler! Noice work.
Yeah, I liked it too.

Really happy with this selection. He seems to have an "awareness" factor similar to Pendles. Not saying he's going to necessarily turn out anything like the great man, but there seems to be a special "sixth football sense" about him.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

bally12 wrote:Wrapped with this selection. This kid will be a ripper. Make no mistake, very classy player. Strong mark, great kick, very competitive. Very smart around goals, can kick around corners, and also roost it from 50.

Pies fans, if you're not happy, you should be.
Can't wait to see him in action, really like the sound of this post

Welcome to Collingwood Jordan
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Best thing is his mum is a mad Collingwood supporter.

Absolutely zero change of him leaving this club!!!!
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Johnno75 wrote:Best thing is his mum is a mad Collingwood supporter.

Absolutely zero change of him leaving this club!!!!
Although his old man played with Essendon reserves.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

bally12 wrote:Wrapped with this selection. This kid will be a ripper. Make no mistake, very classy player. Strong mark, great kick, very competitive. Very smart around goals, can kick around corners, and also roost it from 50.

I'm increasingly liking this pick.

In the excerpt below he tells Bucks last night that "I'll never let you down". Wow, nearly brought a tear to my eyes.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... onal-draft
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

watt price tully wrote:

I'm increasingly liking this pick.

In the excerpt below he tells Bucks last night that "I'll never let you down". Wow, nearly brought a tear to my eyes.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... onal-draft
Also Him and Darcy are Best Mates
I am Da Man
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Breaking News ... Derek hine SMILES!

Watch the video above ... @ 0:23 and 0:30

Also, could Collingwood / Star Athletic provided a more ill-fitting guernsey for these two buys? They looked like smocks. You'd think a few sizes would've been on hand. We looked so sloppy up on stage vs teh other boys.
Est. 2002