Farewell #21 Trey Ruscoe

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Jezza wrote:Ruscoe deserves another chance. His VFL form has been solid, and he would be the natural replacement for Ryan or Murphy (if he's unavailable).

If anything, Ruscoe should have been selected ahead of Ryan last night.
I think it was Ryan's extra pace which got him selected ahead of Ruscoe. That said, I would definitely pick him this week to replace Murphy.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Trey Ruscoe Departs

Post by inxs88 »

Looks like the first of the delistings occurred today if Trey's insta account is accurate.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Sad, but not unexpected. Always liked Trey even when he had his critics.

Hope he gets another chance and excels elsewhere.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Surely Trey is a trade back to West Coast. Was too good for the VFL and stuck in a strong defensive queue. Can’t fathom him being delisted otherwise
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Its a shame, but I think young Kelly might join him, has not really worked out has it. Does not always work out being sons of former players, like it has so well for trhe Moores and Daiscoses, look at both the Brown boys. ?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

A really good player who could get a regular game on another list, so you can't begrudge him the opportunity.

It's pretty normal to have some turnover on the edge of the list, while you never know when you might get another Checkers, Coxy, Noble, Ginni out of nowhere, so it's probably a good thing.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Wow, not someone I would have parted with. Has poise and good kicking skills. But meh, trust the process I guess.
Get back on top.
bucking awesome
Been liked: 1 time

Post by bucking awesome »

You have to have 3 spots every year which makes it hard. I would imagine Kelly and Bianco would be the others

Tom Wilson probably wont be offered another contract (He has been a rookie for more than 3 years now) and I imagine Cooper Murley will also go (another rookie spot).

Arlo Draper is probably borderline - potentially could be rookied. Id love to see Bianco hang around but I dont think it will happen

Its always tough this time of year but the difference is we have a premiership cup to ease the pain
Painful frustrating disappointing exhilarating and unbelievably awesome. - That's a Collingwood life through and through
npalm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by npalm »

I think the knock on Trey is that he sometimes misses easy targets even when under minimum pressure. Saw him do this in one VFL game, when in a stop play situation (mark or free kick) he missed a team mate less than 30 metres away, kicked the ball right over his head straight to an opponent and it resulted in an opposition goal. A real face palm moment.
He certainly has a lot of good features and I think he can make it at AFL level, especially if he can clean up this element of his game.
I hope he gets another opportunity.
Side by side.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

trey_ruscoe1 Wow what a journey it has been. I’ve met some amazing people along the way that I am just so thankful for and I’m just so happy that I got the opportunity to play at such a great club. The friendships I have made will be forever lasting and I will miss everyone from the club so much. Everyone has played a massive part in my career and I have learnt many lessons on the way which i am so thankful for. To the Collingwood faithful fans you have been awesome and we/I couldn’t have done it without your support the whole way through, thank you @collingwood_fc ❤️❤️
Source : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx-Muz6Pvzr ... BiNWFlZA==
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
David

Post by David »

The Black and White Lion wrote:Surely Trey is a trade back to West Coast. Was too good for the VFL and stuck in a strong defensive queue. Can’t fathom him being delisted otherwise
I could be wrong, but the timing of the announcement suggests he’s being delisted rather than traded, right? That is, if he were on the trade table, we wouldn’t be making any final decisions about his spot on the list until after the trade period (even if he and the club both know his contract won’t be renewed)?

It probably doesn’t matter as he’ll hopefully be picked up in the draft anyway. But it sounds like he’s been told definitively rather than informed that he’s being shopped around.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^That would be a tragedy; he's miles too good to not get a spot on a list. Hopefully, being next in line in the premier team in the comp bodes well for him.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »