burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Can’t be a straight swap for Frampton… a pick will have to come our way
Beware the swooping Magpie.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

I'm happy let Poulter go based on his performance and attitude in the VFL this year. I'm not saying he didn't have a go, for a player who's 194cm tall he plays short, doesn't mark overhead and was running far out of the play when we had the ball. No idea what he was trying to do against Southport at Vic Park late in the VFL season but it was a meaningless to the game.

I understand the some of the coaches have a "what can you do" philosophy. If Poulter stays, I'm not sure what he offers compared to Cooper Murley say who can also run up and down the wing but is more versatile to play a small forward role too. At Poulter's height he needs to be able to do a lot more.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

burnsy17 wrote:Can’t be a straight swap for Frampton… a pick will have to come our way
I think I's take Frampton and the pick tbh. Problem is Adelaide have already traded out their 3rd and 4th round picks. Doubtful they'll give us 23.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Frampton and something in the 40s or 50s would be just about right?
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

burnsy17 wrote:Frampton and something in the 40s or 50s would be just about right?
The Crows have already traded their round 3 and 4 picks. :cry:

https://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-order

Might have to be a future pick?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Yeah future pick would do the trick
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

I like Poulter but he's obviously missing something our coaches wanted - consistency, two way running, who knows. But reality is he wasn't good enough to get a game this year really, Sidey is playing another year and Josh Daicos is owning the other wing, he's dispensable really. It's a shame, I liked him and I reckon he'll do well, but he might have to do well at Adelaide.

- Ben
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I agree I liked him on the wing and Sidey has 1 year left so it’s not like we have a heap of depth in that role, but if he wants to go, what can you do?
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Also said on the Adelaide news break that crows want to get him, and we haven't offered him a contract

If so i wouldn't be surprised if we get very little for him.

He did look ok for a month or so last year but seemingly quite a few of the 2020 draft class will be leaving soon
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

takes more then 22 players to make a premiership team.

the makeup of the side varies a lot between seasons and health of players. poulter could be an every game player like Krueger and Will Kelly.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Poulter showed a bit but in the VFL I thought he was OK without setting the world on fire. He never really took the limited opportunities he had; as they say in horse racing parlance “others preferred”. Good luck to him and despite not setting the world on fire we need something more than Frampton in my view.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

He kicks like a golfer hitting 8 irons into the green. If he leaves, it only perpetuates the millennial cliche of "wanting it" before deserving it.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

He has no contract going forward
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Straight swap for Frampton. Moving on.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

He'll be part of a trade with Frampton no doubt. OR ,who knows, maybe something bigger like Fogarty ?? I see him as slow, some would say Laconic, and tended to run into dead ends similar to what Callum Brown did.He never seemed interested to me.
Last edited by mudlark on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.