Post Match. Pies punish Blues. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 16.10.106
Carlton 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Checkers 3, Cox, Elliott 2, Ruscoe, Adams, Daics, H-E, Sidey 1,

Disposals: Crisp 36, Pendles 30, Adams 29, Moore, Sidey, Noble, Howe 22, IQ, Daics, Grundy, Sier 16, Tyler 14,

Tackles: Adams 7, Grundy 6, Pendles, Roughy, Daics 5.

DE: Moore 90.9%, Tyler, Daics, 87.5

AF points: Grundy 122, Adams 121, Crisp 113, Pendles 107, Howe 87, Noble 83, Moore 81, Sidey 80,
Last edited by Donny on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Rosolino_Leone

Post by Rosolino_Leone »

Then Darcy Moore, so the medal could go to any of Adams, Moore, Crisp and Pendles. You could even argue DeGoey not just because of the goals he kicked but the ones he set up too!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Sier, Grundy, T Brown. Only 3 to have more handballs than kicks tonight. Easy game when we just kick the thing.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

shawthing wrote:
Cam wrote:And whatever we offered Cripps for next year needs to be reduced by 25% :lol:
Yep the worst game I've seen Cripps play ever. He was not a factor.
And the one eyed biased commentators say he had a good second half. Please.
Jatsad - That is all
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Time to go to a bar in Thailand. Be there in 10 minutes and it is still twilight. The last quarter belonged to Crisp.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

I thought Quaynor played a really solid game. His confidence is growing and will soon match his courage and skill. Gonna be an asset I reckon.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

Our best players tonight were ....our best players. I.e. Adams, Moore, Pendles, Crisp, De Goey, Sidey.

Still frustrating the way we so often handball to an opposition player instead of just getting it forward. Especially at clearances.

But, some good signs tonight. Let's stay ahead in the ledger with Carlton now for years to come.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

I don't think we had a passenger tonight (perhaps JT?). Even WHE and Sier got into it. Sier had lots of handballs in close.
So many good players, which is great to see that the load was shared across the ground. Mids improved out of sight, including Grundy. Perhaps having the extra presence of Sidey helped.
My personal favourite is always Checkers. Such a cool, laconic character who never ever gives up. Amazing to think he was once a top VFL defender.
Tay Adams is determination personified.
Was amazed to see that Trey Roscoe is still only 19. Some upside there.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Darcy Moore’s our best player.

Tonight confirms it.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Monco Matt wrote:I'll take any win against these bastards. Win easy, win hard, win by 1, win by 100 it is all the same, just bloody well win..and that we did.

Also of coarse, haven't we all been waiting for so, so , so very long. Since 1981 the Mighty Pies have now won more games over Carlton and that feels DAMN GOOOOOOOD!!!! :)

Well done to Darcy Moore, without this man we would be in all sorts down back and to DeGoat who had a quiet second half but really applied the heat in the first half with 4 majors, so important. Hope Elliots ankle is not too bad and he gets back quickly. Dissappointed with WHE, Thomas and Sier yet again, they just don't seem to present themselves anywhere near enough. Why? Who knows. Great to kick the tonne as well, how long has it been?

Overall a much better effort, still far too many turnovers off half back for my liking, but a much improved performance.
Okay, we got four quarters of effort, despite losing the 3rd term.
The buy-in has been huge, and once the disposal standard and decision making improve with match fitness, we should be taking it up to a few top teams.

Brisbane will give us a solid indication of where we are at.
It was perhaps a 10 minute lapse against them in 2020, that lost us the game. Will they play an extra ruck? I'd expect Cameron to make the trip up there for ruck support to Grundy, if nothing else.

Sure WHE, Thomas and Sier are still maligned. Their efforts tonight were acceptable, and I wouldn't expect to see any of them dropped next round.

So no need for a rant this week; we are back in the black in the rivalry ledger, and that is all that matters tonight.

ps. Loved Peter Daicos' passion from the stands well after the final siren had gone; he still loves the club despite the stupid fat arsehole sacking him.

Carna Pies!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

Cam wrote:And whatever we offered Cripps for next year needs to be reduced by 25% :lol:
Cripps has had 8 kicks in each of the first 2games. McGuane said on radio this week that he is not an elite mid because he can only run up to 12k’s a game. I hope we aren’t chasing him, he is very over rated.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Bucks said Sier was good close in.
Keep playing the kid.....and Yeah back him.
KickTruly

Post by KickTruly »

The game was enjoyable. Did Collingwood play better simply because we are a good team or because we played a bottom eight unproven opposition? I'm not convinced, I saw we made a lot of dumb mistakes, some costing goals. We'll see what the next few games bring against the top five teams.

Cox was a force again like last week and that's good for the rest of the year. Moore was a presence as usual but why doesn't Howe leap for marks anymore? I thought Elliott was marvelous but leapers get so many injuries! This is why I prefer Moore in defense - for longevity. Sidey looked good when he had the ball in his hand.

Looking forward to see more young players come through, especially midfielders.
Think MAGPIES...winning the Flag this year!
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

masoncox wrote:Bucks said Sier was good close in.
Keep playing the kid.....and Yeah back him.
Yes ... still sprinkling little bits of gold dust around

Hopefully can start dropping nuggets on a consistent basis.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ It was a beautiful Daicos goal by the young Daics!!!