Labor - The Bad, The Ugly and the occasional Good.

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Labour really are atrocious, absolutely abysmal... so it's pretty impressive that the other mob is infinitely worse.
Flagpies
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

18 trips in 1-2 years? That sounds like punishment to me, and few people have travelled more than me for pleasure. Business people hate that much travel, too, and only suffer it for huge salaries. By god people are dimwits; it demonstrates the very opposite of the complaint.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ The idea of doing 18 overseas trips in the space of 18 months gives me a sense of fatigue :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:^

India v Aus in the world cup final, India's PM present at the stadium he named after himself, entirely appropriate that an Aus Snr politician be present as well.

Albo was in the USA so it's either Marles or the foreign minister who gets called up. Just part of the gig.
Yes. You'd think that it would be an ideal way to try to enhance ties between the two. It might have been better for trade if India had won and he'd been a gracious loser but, well, you know, SCOREBOARD!!! :lol:
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Proof the Goverment don't give a F*ck about people in Need

https://x.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/173 ... 20272?s=20
I am Da Man
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Dont stress, power prices are dirt cheap with renewables
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

What'sinaname wrote:Dont stress, power prices are dirt cheap with renewables
Cost a Fortune for the Equipment though

Prices are Skyrocketing
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Dave The Man wrote:Proof the Goverment don't give a F*ck about people in Need

Dan did a John Cain. Blew the budget to smithereens and installed a woman to clean up the mess. he's left her a shit sandwich to serve as main course at a banquet. If the Libs weren't such a rabble, Labor would be out next election.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

stui magpie wrote:

Dan did a John Cain. Blew the budget to smithereens and installed a woman to clean up the mess. he's left her a shit sandwich to serve as main course at a banquet. If the Libs weren't such a rabble, Labor would be out next election.
Under the Libs things could be even Worse then under Labor.

People in Need would not get a Heap
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

With the finances in such a shit position, it's going to be rough whoever is in charge.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

stui magpie wrote:With the finances in such a shit position, it's going to be rough whoever is in charge.
Sounds like the State of Victoria yeah going to be some very hard times coming up Sadly
I am Da Man
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:

He even jumped the sinking ship and left all the unions who got him into power out in the cold refusing to pay them back before he bailed.

But when you see them say oh we’d always vote Labor, then what possible reason is there for them to cave if you’ll vote for them next time anyway. There is zero reason for the Labor government to be nice to them as they’ll still support them!!!

It’s why I’ll never understand people loving any politician and worshipping them, they’re all despicable human beings who want your vote and as soon as you’re worthless to them they’ll dump you. Dan was the ultimate example of promise the world, get elected, screw everyone once in power.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote: It’s why I’ll never understand people loving any politician and worshipping them, they’re all despicable human beings who want your vote and as soon as you’re worthless to them they’ll dump you. Dan was the ultimate example of promise the world, get elected, screw everyone once in power.
Hey Eddie, I reckon you’re getting early dementia mate! Have you completely forgotten about Kennet? I know many people still having nightmares about his time running the state like a prison
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

lazzadesilva wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: It’s why I’ll never understand people loving any politician and worshipping them, they’re all despicable human beings who want your vote and as soon as you’re worthless to them they’ll dump you. Dan was the ultimate example of promise the world, get elected, screw everyone once in power.
Hey Eddie, I reckon you’re getting early dementia mate! Have you completely forgotten about Kennet? I know many people still having nightmares about his time running the state like a prison