Joel Smith (MEL) banned for drugs

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Gawn reckons he knew nothing. Give me a break! I’m just a nobody and even I knew what’s been going on at Melbourne (and at other clubs). It’s why I get riled up when media and AFL hq target Collingwood and don’t say boo about the other clubs.
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

^ too true.
And here we are on the day of Brayshaw retirement, and what are the media talking about? Brayden Maynard.
If the name was any Collingwood player, even a rookie listed player that played zero games and had been delisted, it would be leading story for a week.
Yes Smith is getting a mention, but the level is nowhere near as high.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Would that the media had been so concerned when that piece of Brisbane filth ended Caracella's career.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Would that the media had been so concerned when that piece of Brisbane filth ended Caracella's career.
nope
not to mention i dont remember much outcry about the treatment of Nick R that day when he had a broken collar bone.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I do find it nice timing for the Dees that Brayshaw has announced his retirement and Joel Smith has seemingly been forgotten about.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^how's the weather on Conspiracy Island?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

The world is flat, so how can there be weather? I mean the moon landing was fake, 9/11 was a setup, Diana faked her death, Elvis lives, Tupac lives in Cuba, and dont get me started on JFK and RFK.
Also, Carlton made the Collingwood players use the steps today whilst wearing footy boots. The normal race is being repaired.
Now put on the unsolved mysteries music.
mightypies90
Been liked: 3 times

Post by mightypies90 »

Presti35 wrote:Shaun Smith was being hammered on the socials, but many of the replies have been removed.
I bet he regrets opening his mouth.
There’s an a saying about spitting in the air.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Amazing how quickly this and Oliver disappeared from the news. Media’s been very supoortive of Oliver’s emotional return. Put ‘em in black and white and it’d be a different story. Hell the media even loves Ginnivan now and we made a mistake getting rid of him (we didn’t he always wanted to go to hawthorn and had no intention of being a long term player with us).
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Amazing how quickly this and Oliver disappeared from the news.
Yep. Absolutely unbelievable. Like it never happened.
But lets talk about one of the Collingwood execs getting poached by the Dees who are an amazing club.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It’s on like Donkey Kong now!
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

lazzadesilva wrote:
mightypies90 wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:Tier 2 and Tier 3 players get caught. Drug testing works at these levels.
Are you suggesting the AFL protects certain marquee players. Particularly ones that can’t drive around the streets of Sydney.
A fair chance of that happening for sure. Not a doubt in my mind.
Question now answered?
COLLINGW09D
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

do truck drivers get a drug test from a GP etc and call in sick for work if they know its positive? im pretty sure truck drivers have to get drug tested semi regularly dont they?

just because AFL players get publicly posted whos in the team each week is the only difference in my eyes....
I See why the AFL kept it secret so the team selection could be protected from speculation from the public...

But now its all out in the open everyones going to think they are all are on drugs..especially if they are back the next week.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

woodys_world69 wrote:^
Noble, Titch and Sidebottom? All "managed".

Both sides to this saga make good points. Confidential medical tests are confidential. But the AFL does need to do more to stop illicit drug use, not just drop the hammer on those who get caught publicly.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Do you work for the afl? Because your casual dismissal of the huge issue here is so far from the reality it’s a joke. What the Melbourne FC has done brings the integrity of the whole competition into disrepute. If this were any other sport it’d be the scandal of the century. Given the AFL’s addiction to gambling revenue, the umpire Brownlow scandal, and now this, there are serious questions over the integrity of the game. Melbourne deserves everything thrown at them, but it won’t happen because the corrupt afl is in on it. It stinks to heaven.