VFL 2024 team

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Overall, I'm happy with the list.

I would have liked Jetta to play on, but still very happy he is staying with the club in a coaching and management role.

I was a little worried about Tardrew leaving, but now think its a good call for he and club. Same with Hustwaite, who will be missed, but I believe it will be better for his career to play elsewhere now. I'm a little disappointed that Jake Long decided not to return.

Happy that Jedd Longmire and Ben Silvagni returned. I'm wrapped that Ben Crocker is in the team now too. I think Ned Long will be a great player at this level. And I am very happy that Sam Sofronidis decided to play for our VFL side. I heard someone say he is the best player in the country that isnt on am AFL list, so we'll see. Nicky Christian is one I'll like to keep watch on.

I am really hoping that we can have a strong season and play deep into finals. It seems like we have been all over the place recently and I think it would be good to get more wins at this level.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Updated teams lists on the VFL website:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1090364/smi ... 024-season
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Rick

Post by Rick »

Not since we broke away from the alignment with Williamstown have we been able to sign some recognisable VFL names and talent. It feels like for a long time the list was made up of random local or straight out of TAC Cup footballers. Very rarely did a recently delisted AFL footballer join the squad