#33 Lachie Sullivan

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^Played well for Noble Park after the stint at Collingwood.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^if he's from Noble Park, goes without saying he'll be a hard nut. That's a void Adams left, all going well he'll push for regular selection.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

LaurieHolden wrote:^if he's from Noble Park, goes without saying he'll be a hard nut. That's a void Adams left, all going well he'll push for regular selection.
Sorry LH slight misunderstanding. That was in reference to Kyle Martin, not Sullivan.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

lazzadesilva wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:^if he's from Noble Park, goes without saying he'll be a hard nut. That's a void Adams left, all going well he'll push for regular selection.
Sorry LH slight misunderstanding. That was in reference to Kyle Martin, not Sullivan.
Ahhh, I mis-read that. Let's hope he's got a bit of the junkyard dog in him regardless. He might be the K-Mart Lachie Neale, but I look forward to him getting involved in the contest regardless.
Shame he's the Sub, I look forward to the day where players don't debut as a Sub.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Newelly
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

LaurieHolden wrote: Shame he's the Sub, I look forward to the day where players don't debut as a Sub.
Wish him the best as he's been working hard in the VFL for years without a call up and his mongrel ability in close contests is something we need to replace with an aging Mitchell and loss of Adams. I think.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Laurie Holden, has it been announced that he has been named as the sub? I didn't think they announce it that early?
Cheers big ears
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

I don’t like when players on debut are the sub. Good luck in you first game 33!!!
- Side By Side -
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

KenH wrote:Laurie Holden, has it been announced that he has been named as the sub? I didn't think they announce it that early?
It's on the AFL Website.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

First kick first game first goal. Yessssssss!!
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

BazBoy wrote:First kick first game first goal. Yessssssss!!
Brilliant!
I think therefore I think - I think
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

A bit small, but lots of heart. That first kick was a beauty. Could have had 2 as well. Nice debut.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Well done, lad. Hard at the ball, strong in the tackle, can kick to standard, and not over-awed in the slightest. Has some grit and bite about him, and injected desire and excitement.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Showed good composure in a big match. Well played Lachie!
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Impressive debut from Lachie. Showed he can certainly play at the top level. Lots of score involvements and his decision making was good. I hope we get to see a lot more of him soon.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

First kick, first goal. Well done to Lachie :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆