2023 Premiership Doco - "Take The Steps"

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

really enjoyed it, and everyone clapped at the final siren! lots of humour, and gees Nick was robbed!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

This one has a VERY happy ending. Loved it!
We really are box office.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
boom

Post by boom »

Just caught it at Chadstone, was a full session and lots of clapping and laughter. The highlight for me was Darcy refusing to let go of the cup first on GF eve :D
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

^I also loved that bit too, especially when Pendles gave away that he DIDN'T do that in 2018, so Darcy better hold on as long as possible! And he had to do it twice. So funny!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Some reviews on Letterboxd:

https://letterboxd.com/film/take-the-steps/

Looking forward to catching up with this at some point!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Does anyone know if, when it finishes it's run at Hoyts, it will be available on any streaming platforms or the club website?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Locked in, Sunday 1530WST Hoyts Warwick 8)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
bucking awesome
Been liked: 1 time

Post by bucking awesome »

I didn’t cry at mt wedding or my daughter’s birth but there were tears at this one. You all know the plot but it is the feel good movie of the year

Two thumbs up
Painful frustrating disappointing exhilarating and unbelievably awesome. - That's a Collingwood life through and through
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Saw it last night. It was wonderful - and moving. Pendles was ever laconic and clear. Darcy Moore was ....Darcy Moore, and the insight into his experiences and feelings was just amazing. Tears came to my eyes as he explained his emotions just after the final siren of the GF. And his anecdote about holding onto the Premiership Cup for longer than Harris-Andrews the day before the GF, was hilarious.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Never thought I would hear the Collingwood chant in a Hoyts movie theatre. Maynard started it and the rest watching followed in full voice.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Damed jealous of those who've seen it. Sounds brill.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Just watched Take the Steps at Hoyts Chadstone this afternoon. What a great personal insight into Fly, the leaders on the field and the modern club in general. Must be the first time ever a full Collingwood crowd was silent the whole way through part from laughter and the applause at the end. That Darcy Moore holding the cup story is just gold!

Hope all you Nicksters can find a way to watch this soon. Go Pies in 2024#
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Was sensational! I still can't believe that we were there and the journey that preceded it all. F*#@ I love this club!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Just got home from seeing it.

Spoiler: It's the Fly, Darcy, Naicos and Pendles movie. No one else gets a speaking part. It gives some good insights into the finals month, but I felt the movie didn't capture the drama of the three close finals. At no stage, did you feel the tension or nervousness of the three games. Definitely needed more crowd reaction. The 2 minute clip of crowd reaction after the GF win has more raw emotion than the 90min movie.

Also lots of F-bombs so if you are parenting little ones with sensitive ears, it's not a movie for them to watch.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

:D I didn't see any blue's supporters there!
It's really worth seeing: the footage showed many more sides of players especially the coach McRae. Nick Daicos is not only gifted! His determination to get back from that injury, the rehab and faith in his surgeons is something only superstars have. There were a lot of personal reflections of the players as the team progressed through the finals and humourous moments including Captain Moore duties with the Cup! Those moments couldn't have been put together any better! Todays session was a sell out! Just being in a Cinema with all Pie supporters is an experience! Highly recommend it.