Was it you? Fess up!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

MY older bro, 11 yrs old at the time, ran on to the ground, post siren after the biggest upset in GF history, the 1958 GF, and gave best on ground, Thorold Merrett , a mighty hug and pat on backside, and nobody said boo to a goose. Just saying !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Gave him my flagpies license plates years and years ago

Wonder if he's still got em
Nick - Pie Man

You dirty peasants, how dare you touch your masters

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Don't you realise how fortunate you are to be even allowed to look upon your betters?
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

He may be able to wash the smell off his neck but he will never be clean of the shame.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Supporters shouldn't be touching players. Player can high five supporters, but touching a player - especially an opposition player is a huge no-no.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Fair penalty. Should not happen, regardless of intent.

You just can't be leaning over an touching a player, especially from the opposing team.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:MY older bro, 11 yrs old at the time, ran on to the ground, post siren after the biggest upset in GF history, the 1958 GF, and gave best on ground, Thorold Merrett , a mighty hug and pat on backside, and nobody said boo to a goose. Just saying !
The answer is in your comment.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by K »

"The pitch invader who ran onto the ground at his mate Brayden Maynard's 200th game has been banned for life."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... 5jmt3.html
piffdog
Been liked: 32 times

Post by piffdog »

6 weeks for racism, 3 weeks for homophobia, life for trespassing. All sounds perfectly fair and balanced (not).
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

K wrote:"The pitch invader who ran onto the ground at his mate Brayden Maynard's 200th game has been banned for life."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... 5jmt3.html
It's a bit harsh and in saying that it's a workplace Mind you someone kicks 100 goals we get all those pitch invaders. NFI how they made this but they are making a statement.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Unless he tried to assault a player that's a ridiculous and unenforceable ban.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Might be able to prevent them from buying tickets under their name (which is obviously pretty easy to get around), but I'm wondering if they have some kind of directory of faces for security staff at the gates to flip through as each patron enters just to stop people with lifetime bans getting in. Doesn't seem terribly likely to me either.

Also agree that it's way OTT. Isn't a four-figure fine enough?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

All nonsense. HTF can you enforce such a ban in every Aussie state for years on end? No way in hell. Just sabre rattling to sound tough from paper tigers.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I haven't been to a game for a while but there's no chance the gate staff could deal with a folder of photos of banned people. Maybe they anticipate face recognition software on CCTV cameras facing the entrances but even then, grow a Mo or beard, put on a cap or beanie, get someone else to buy the ticket and you're in like Flynn.

Stupid overreaction.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I can’t see the AFL buying any face recognition technology for years ahead of other stated priorities. And as mentioned, so many ways to get around this. Just utter bloody nonsense, to sound a tough warning
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️