The Toughest Run Home

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

shawthing wrote:
piedys wrote:Perhaps we need to change header to: The Toughest Limp Home
Since we need to win 5 of the last 7 now just to sneak into the eight you'd have to think we are gone for all money. Get on the Swanettes or even the Brions, because it will get ugly on GF day otherwise.

What would be worse a Carlton or Essendon premiership? Either way they will go past us again.
Well that's just about all she wrote for 2024; have to go back to 2017 or 2021 the last time our season was cactus by July.

Swanettes or Brions as premiers I can live with; ideally over Carlton or Essendon. It's certainly less salt rubbed into the wound...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Buckley years remember i was always looking at the cricket fixtures in July to see who the Vics play in the sheffield shield normally this time of the year.
2024 is no different.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Sure it's a daunting run home. However, the way I look at it, we have the next 2 weeks to get our mojo back. Getting Howe, McStay and possibly Cox back in the side will give us muck more structural integrity, and load us up with enough weapons to scare the shite out of the likes of the Blues, Brions and Swans.

Don't give up Nicksters. I saw enough last night to say there's a lot of fight still in our playing group.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

It took us 42 years to get level with Carlton on the premiership ladder. Imagine those smug c&@ts if they get in front again the very next year.

This is the first time this century they have a better shot at a flag than us.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Please dont shoot the messenger, Im only saying what Mighty Mickey Malthouse said bout our future for this season. His hypothesis, is we get McSta
y back next week, and should have most of our senior guys back soon. He reckons we beat Richmond, our record at the MCG v the Lions and Deeees is excellent, we win both, lose to swans, beat Hawks next week, an massive game v Caaaaarlton, and its Pendles 400th and we will play out of our arses for hiim in a very tight match. He said we may finish 6-8th, get a week off, Finals are very different games, true an we may just cause some mahyhem, an chaos in them. Hope so! but hey Im just the messenger, but nice to hear some positivity from ol Mick !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Johnno75 wrote:It took us 42 years to get level with Carlton on the premiership ladder. Imagine those smug c&@ts if they get in front again the very next year.

This is the first time this century they have a better shot at a flag than us.
They can't win. They're soft. I don't expect them to make the Grand Final.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Piesnchess wrote:Please dont shoot the messenger
I heard this too, Lukey Ball agreed

But I'm not sure we get Dan back next week and remember Hawks are our bogey side. And they are playing good footy right now
But ...who knows what can happen hey?
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Even if we beat hawks and richmond, and lions and dees.. we can still miss, because of other results likely wont go our way, and our percentage. Thats how close the ladder will be.

Best case senario with some upsets, 8th, but more likely 9-10th.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Beat Carlton make the 8 or hope the Lions lose to GWS at the GABBA.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Could be worse - at least we don’t have to go up against Spain.
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

...I'm feeling a bit of karma in the wind...Gloating over the Blues missing the 8 after we beat them may be about to bite some of us in the ass...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Re: The Toughest Run Home

Post by RudeBoy »

Our tough home run. Bring it on I say.

The harder they come the harder they fall. Go Pies!
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

Go Crows! ~ Seems Essendon don't want all the pressure of a final...here's hoping.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Boy it’s like the boy and his push cart!!
We have the job in front of us but hey possibly of finals is slim but let’s take a few scalps b4 the fat lady sings
The work for getting a side that sustains for several seasons is our job
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

It's done. Time to start preparing for 2025.

I can only see us beating Richmond but even that will be tough. We'll most likely lose the rest.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆