Post-Match. Pies demolish Dees. Comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Post-Match. Pies demolish Dees. Comments.

Post by Presti35 »

An odd feeling after the game.

Very happy with the win. Had that feeling during the last quarter where you say you dont want this to end, we were killing them and it was fun. But then it ends and you're just feeling sad that the season is over. And we could have done something in the finals.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

It was nice to finish with a win.

Lets hope that 2025 treats us better than 2024.
- Side By Side -
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I applaud Collingwood for their want to work hard in a dead rubber. Demons fans would be bitterly disappointed with their clubs efforts and today I’m watching both Kangas and Eagles get belted by 100 + points. Says to me, that Collingwood going out on a high genuinely meant something to them and you can’t ask for anymore than that, especially in a season where not much went right for them.
It won’t take much to win a couple more games in 2025, especially with a bit of luck from the injury Gods and the likelihood of a draw that’s more favourable than what we copped this season. Bring it on.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 2:17 pm... our best 22 next season ...
will still be Steele. :D
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Congratulations to Fly and the coaching team for their 50th win at the helm of the pies
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Post-Match. Pies demolish Dees. Comments

Post by doriswilgus »

It was an odd game,being a dead rubber and all of that,but I still wanted us to win and finish off the season well.I’m glad the players took the game seriously as well,and wanted to win for pride’s sake sake,if nothing else.

It was also good to see some younger players getting a go for a change,Allan looks very promising and should be a regular next year.Parker looks to have good skills as well.Richards is a very clever player,and hopefully will stay at the club,even though he’s apparently been offered a four year contract at Port Adelaide.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Very pleased with how we finished the season. Obviously disappointing we're not playing finals, but I still remain upbeat about 2025. A longer off-season to physically and mentally recharge will do us a world of good and hopefully with a more favourable draw we can experience a rebound.

The youngsters were the highlight of the night. Nice to see Parker and Allan kick their first career goals. Good to see the coach sing the praises of Allan in the post match presser. His form in the last month of the VFL has been excellent and he showed his worth in this game. He might have a promising future as an inside mid.

Bizarre set of circumstances with the game being disrupted, but at least it didn't derail our momentum. Another positive of the night was no injuries were sustained.

Here's to a successful 2025.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Too many people around happy to stick the boot into the club.
The off season was the shortest any grand finalist club has had to endure and our injury run has been jaw dropping - not only in raw numbers but also in experience and playmakers. The biggest issue with injuries was our long run of games with literally no first line forward marking options.
Thank god Razor Ray has finally retired - perhaps umpiring can head back towards officiating instead of prancing around like like a show pony with ADD.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It was disappointing to have our season suddenly come to an end, just as we were gathering momentum on the eve of the finals. That 10 minute collective brain fade half way through the last quarter of the Swans game, proved to be a killer. To rub salt into our wounds, since the final 8 system, I can't ever remember a team winning 13 games missing out. I guess if it was going to happen to any team, it would happen to us. Without De Goey and Checkers, I'm not sure we'd have been able to win the flag anyway, but I'm confident we were better than 4 or 5 finalists. Still, this should give us all, including our players, confidence that we can be genuine contenders next year. Bring it on.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

ThanksJezza, much appreciated, as always xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

The MRO on Saturday released the findings from Friday night’s game, with Pickett handed a three-game ban. His rough conduct charge was graded as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... b3e0216b60
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Was a good workout for the newer Pies. 77 disposals between 5 of them - Allan, Richards, Parker, Macrae & Dean - and Allan topped the tackles count.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Donny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:38 pm Was a good workout for the newer Pies. 77 disposals between 5 of them - Allan, Richards, Parker, Macrae & Dean - and Allan topped the tackles count.
You make a good point about Allan leading the tackle count. He’s nearly always in the top couple for Collingwood in the VFL also. He’s clearly not afraid to put in when he doesn’t have the ball and the coaches would love that.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
The Black and White Lion
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Having watched a lot of Allen in the VFL, I often felt he could do with the size of the bigger AFL grounds. Thought he looked very good on the bigger MCG. Surprised he spent so much time in the middle but he did well in those centre square contests. I still think he's suited better to the wing but he showed glimpses in the last month of VFL and on Friday night that he can play in the middle. Lots of team and 1% actions with tackles, blocks, little kicks and fast handballs. I think he had the first real touch on the night too. Hopefully this glimpse is the start and he can string along some games next year.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Piesnchess
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

lazzadesilva wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:20 pm
Pete 70 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:51 pm Who’d a thought that Freo free kick right in front of goal robs us of the chance to play finals. Still bitter.
I hear ya! Most here are a forgive lot I reckon but good to see you maintain your rage. No one is ever going to tell me that umpires have no influence on the results 🙄 that is utter garbage. If at all they have too much influence but at least we definitely know that now.
THAT WAS THE ONE, that rotten lousey decision, right in front of goal v Dockers, to give them an undeserved draw, cost us two vital points. All cos the sensitive new age yellowmaggot didnt getthe ball handed back to him on a friggin silver service, do the dickhead cracked the shits , that was a shocking decision, a gift goal right there. :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.