BBHS wrote:I will bear my arse in public if Johnson is traded/delisted
ill be with you on that one....johnno will be safe for 3 reasons

1.depth.
2.great servent to the club.
3.everyone loves a BJ

Very very clever :wink:
Buckley's Right Boot

Post by Buckley's Right Boot »

Its interesting that BJ didn't play in last years finals either....that can't be good.

Last year through suspension, this year through form...not the best couple of years for him..
Buckley from outside the arc......GOAL!
lethalburns

'Time to grow up' for refocused Johnson

Post by lethalburns »

If this guy comes back to his best form he is a very handy addition.

We have a lot of avenues to improve through next year. Looking promising.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/ ... wsId=70779
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

Wher's DTM ?

He usually delivers my news. :)
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

BJ will need to be better than he has ever been to even get a game next year. I'm finding it hard thinking of a position he could hold down. Should have been traded IMO.
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

Back pocket
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

yeah i look forward to those turnovers from those helicopter kicks and i look forward to johno kicking with his right foot
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Great years are cyclical and you sense the players have generally got that hunger back. We have been doing well on three or four cylinders, so if blokes like Johnson and Fraser fire up then look out. I just hope the players who have been doing well don't drop off; i.e., I hope that they all click together. That means we need a similar output from players such as Leon, Swannie and Medders or the gains elsewhere will go to waste. That, I suspect, is the real test of this year because you get the feeling the disappointing (Heater, Johnson, Fraser) and the developing (Pendles, Daisy, Harry, Wood, etc.) have set themselves for a big year.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

GO RUPERT 10 wrote:yeah i look forward to those turnovers from those helicopter kicks and i look forward to johno kicking with his right foot
He's good running depth and is better than average when in form playing from the backline, helicopters or not. Such depth is a bonus if the attitude is now right.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Couldn't agree with you more Pietilidie, Hopefully we get a year when most players are all firing on all cylinders. It' hard not to remember how good Josh Heater and not to a lesser extent Johnno can be when firing..... We will definitely need Johnson's hardness in the contests and link up work around packs now that Burnsy has retired. Fingers crossed for a fit Rocca and an injury free Ruzling. Law of averages will mean someone will get injured during the season, we will need everyone contribution and hopefully we will find ourselves well placed at the end of the season when it counts. The fact that Johnno has decided to make a significant change to his life is a positive statement and definitely something to look foward to!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

pietillidie wrote:Great years are cyclical and you sense the players have generally got that hunger back. We have been doing well on three or four cylinders, so if blokes like Johnson and Fraser fire up then look out. I just hope the players who have been doing well don't drop off; i.e., I hope that they all click together. That means we need a similar output from players such as Leon, Swannie and Medders or the gains elsewhere will go to waste. That, I suspect, is the real test of this year because you get the feeling the disappointing (Heater, Johnson, Fraser) and the developing (Pendles, Daisy, Harry, Wood, etc.) have set themselves for a big year.
Excellent post. Cannot fault a word. Big year for Jonno coming up.
kambarker

Post by kambarker »

kam