Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Re: Post Match. Swans sink Pies - All comments.

Post by Mr Miyagi »

shawthing wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:39 pm By the way Laura Kane has signed off on the umpiring at the SCG last night. Apparently they made the right decision regarding the 50 metres. They are the most corrupt sporting organisation in Australia. The other thing I noticed in the Brisbane-GWS and Freo-Geelong games was normal decision making around the deliberate out of bounds. So WTF happened last night when they called EVERYTHING deliberately out of bounds?! :twisted:
Of course she did. Surprised she had time with all her corporate lunches
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

DP
Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:52 pm
warburton lad wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:49 pmSat Aug 10, 2024 7:49 pm
My anger is subsiding….
Good for you WL, mine is still rising 😡 I want to maintain the rage against incompetent umpiring and really hope that the club does the same and confronts the AFL about this circus act. I mean let the head honchos know that we should be valued more than just as a money provider and treated with fairness rather than the unfairness we endured in an important game. I detest tanking but given the choice, I would choose tanking over being fu_cked over by the maggots any day. If the maggots are meant to be treated well, then they bloody should treat us the same way 🤬
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I will laugh my bloody head off if week one of the finals, there’s no game in MEL.
Serves them right!

Corrupt pr1cks.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

^ You don't understand ANNODAM, that's exactly what the AFL wants. They are no longer interested in Melbourne teams. Their ideal is a Sydney-GWS grand final.
pieboy
Been liked: 2 times

Post by pieboy »

Pies2016 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:52 pm I posted last week, just how difficult it is protect 4 / 5 goal leads at three quarter time in the modern game. That was off the back of Collingwood almost losing that un losable game to Carlton. The next day, both the Giants and Bombers won in the final minutes after coming from well back against their opposition.
Last night, we coughed up a significant lead but this time we paid the ultimate price, just like today when both the Lions and North lost, after both being well ahead at times in the last quarter. We need to get our head around last quarter comebacks being almost a “ normal “ occurrence in the modern game. I’m not dismissing a poor result by Collingwood but it’s worth noting big comebacks are now a frequent occurrence in almost every round of footy. What we shouldn’t do, is to suddenly kid ourselves the current premiership coach can no longer coach or that he goes “ defensive “ too early ( that would involve stacking the backline and he certainly doesn’t do that )
Comebacks are that perfect storm where you have one club ( behind on scoreboard ) who will be forced into taking a risk, while the other club ( leading on scoreboard ) chooses to hold their nerve because following plan A was what gave them the lead in the first place. It’s a real balancing act.
Clubs will get bettter at establishing the tipping point for flicking the switch during a game but right now, late comebacks will continue to remain a frequent phenomenon.. Nothing wrong with being pissed off with an “ unacceptable “ loss but let’s not think it’s a disease that is only applicable to Collingwood right now.
I don't understand why teams when they are a few goals up in the last quarter just the kick the ball towards the boundary line (without conceding deliberate out of bounds) to force a boundary throw in and then force ball ups. This takes time out of the game and keeps the ball out of the oppositions hands. It wouldn't surprise me if some coaches are saving this tactic for the finals to surprise the opposition when they are a few goals up in the last quarter.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

lazzadesilva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:55 pm
lazzadesilva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:52 pm
warburton lad wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:49 pmSat Aug 10, 2024 7:49 pm
My anger is subsiding….
Good for you WL, mine is still rising 😡 I want to maintain the rage against incompetent umpiring and really hope that the club does the same and confronts the AFL about this circus act. I mean let the head honchos know that we should be valued more than just as a money provider and treated with fairness rather than the unfairness we endured in an important game. I detest tanking but given the choice, I would choose tanking over being fu_cked over by the maggots any day. If the maggots are meant to be treated well, then they bloody should treat us the same way 🤬

Comrade, spot on , League may yet kill the Golden calf, lets face facts , Collingwood is THE cash cow of the friggin AFL, and now, we have been basically umpired out of the Finals , im going to piss myself laughing as the Finals crowds are well down on last season, No magpies, much smaller crowds. Oh an as for dopey Dillon,who said couple of weeks ago, " I think the umpiring is best ever", whatever that dickhead is smokin,I want some of it. !! :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:30 pm ^ You don't understand ANNODAM, that's exactly what the AFL wants. They are no longer interested in Melbourne teams. Their ideal is a Sydney-GWS grand final.

Correct weight, remember some yrs ago, as I said previously, that swan thug smashed eagle Staker into next week, an got clean off at the Tribunal, so he could help the pink ducks win the Premiership. ?? Had it been a Magpie, our guy would have got three weeks, easy. ! The PIes are the cash cow though, and oneday it may come back to bite them on the arse, hopefully. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Piesnchess, that has to be the dumbest thing I have heard from the Dill all year 😝 It is mega denial and the only reason for saying it is because they’d rather not upset the maggots than actually dealing with the issue 🙄 In other words instead of looking for a solution they are part of the problem, sorry eternal problem forever and a day.
npalm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by npalm »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:04 pm
I mean bloody hell, just look at how Ginnivan is treated differently now he’s at another club! It’s night and day.
@Mr Miyagi
I wouldn't have thought it to be the case but Ginnivan is getting significantly more, nearly 3 times more, free kicks playing for the Hawks.
Last year playing for us, he averaged 0.4 frees a game, this year he is averaging 1.1
Side by side.
stoliboy
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

ANNODAM wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:22 pm I will laugh my bloody head off if week one of the finals, there’s no game in MEL.
Serves them right!

Corrupt pr1cks.
I want to see a GWS vs Fremantle Grand Final that GWS wins.

Living up in the Sydney that would piss off the Swans. GWS also have one of the smallest fan bases. Also torrential rain during the game.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

stoliboy wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:15 am
ANNODAM wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:22 pm I will laugh my bloody head off if week one of the finals, there’s no game in MEL.
Serves them right!

Corrupt pr1cks.
I want to see a GWS vs Fremantle Grand Final that GWS wins.

Living up in the Sydney that would piss off the Swans. GWS also have one of the smallest fan bases. Also torrential rain during the game.
yes that’s the grand final I want too! A real dour boring affair, and no victeam to piss meoff! They can all get put out by a point to a shit decision, such as no 50 metre call!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

dp
Last edited by Piesnchess on Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Apparently, cos of big upsets re Dons , Deeees, matches, "they" reckon we are back in the hunt for a Finals spot, 8th,?? I find that hard to fathom, but there you go, and if, if, Blues beat the Dawks, we are well in it. ?? Like, WTF ??

Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Yep need a Carlton win today and Freo to lose to port and gws then it comes down to Haw percentage or north doing an upset. (Essendope will lose to either swans or Brisbane). I’ve never wanted a Carlton 10 goal win in my life - but man do I want that today
Dispatches from a foreign land