What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

but with the magda thing, he didn't get a "holiday" about the cooments about her weight, its what he said after that.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:FFS, I'm so sick of this whole Kyle Sandilands thing.

The man is paid to be a dumb, ignorant, politically incorrect stirrer. So, when he crosses the line that he is paid to constantly push, the tabloid media (together with their special friend John Brumby) gets to exploit the 'hand-wringer' demographic, the station lays down some token Good Public Image suspension (or even sacking, if the advertisers are getting restless), and Kyle's back on air in some capacity faster than you can say holocaust.

Here's how the Herald Sun and friends want you to read this situation: Kyle is a Bad Man; radio station is a little morally ambivalent but have responded appropriately; and the Herald Sun shares your righteous indignation.

The truth, of course, is slightly different: Kyle gets a little free publicity and a short holiday; radio station gets a little free publicity and more listeners upon Kyle's inevitable return; Herald Sun sells a few more newspapers; and you are the biggest sucker in the world for caring about this tripe.
yep, except he broadcasts in Sydeney so Melbourne people can't even hear his program unless they stream it, so the Hun is just handwringing for the sake of it.

The guy is a twat, he's paid to be a twat, so he's a professional twat in which case he should be better at it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:FFS, I'm so sick of this whole Kyle Sandilands thing.

The man is paid to be a dumb, ignorant, politically incorrect stirrer. So, when he crosses the line that he is paid to constantly push, the tabloid media (together with their special friend John Brumby) gets to exploit the 'hand-wringer' demographic, the station lays down some token Good Public Image suspension (or even sacking, if the advertisers are getting restless), and Kyle's back on air in some capacity faster than you can say holocaust.

Here's how the Herald Sun and friends want you to read this situation: Kyle is a Bad Man; radio station is a little morally ambivalent but have responded appropriately; and the Herald Sun shares your righteous indignation.

The truth, of course, is slightly different: Kyle gets a little free publicity and a short holiday; radio station gets a little free publicity and more listeners upon Kyle's inevitable return; Herald Sun sells a few more newspapers; and you are the biggest sucker in the world for caring about this tripe.
yep, except he broadcasts in Sydeney so Melbourne people can't even hear his program unless they stream it, so the Hun is just handwringing for the sake of it.

The guy is a twat, he's paid to be a twat, so he's a professional twat in which case he should be better at it.
Could he be a better twat - I think he is at top of the twatness tree already!!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

well a few weeks ago!

vb is NOW 4.6% now. they made it go down another 2% :evil: :x

if they are trying to reduce the amount that people drink shouldn't they put the amount of grog up higher so ppl can get drunk on less beer then more beer?

and you can tell by the can its a new design compared to the old design
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Dreaming about stui magpie..... again! But David was there too...
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

"" .
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

luvdids wrote:Dreaming about stui magpie..... again! But David was there too...
Lol! What was I doing? :|
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

David wrote:
Do you really want to know?? You took a photo of me sitting in the MCC members at the footy & enlarged it to huge and somehow passed it to Stui so when we met, coz he was my neighbour (WTF) he already knew who I was, when I was expecting him to be surprised... OMG.

Then what happened after THAT will have to remain private :oops:
bucksisgod

Post by bucksisgod »

David wrote:
"Who" may be the more pertinent question. :shock: :wink: :lol:
Need a pen? try Pen Island. www. penisland. net
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Fire Up wrote:
vb is NOW 4.6% now. they made it go down another 2% :evil: :x
Didn't know VB was 6.8%!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

luvdids wrote:
David wrote:
Do you really want to know?? You took a photo of me sitting in the MCC members at the footy & enlarged it to huge and somehow passed it to Stui so when we met, coz he was my neighbour (WTF) he already knew who I was, when I was expecting him to be surprised... OMG.

:shock: :?

Oh well, at least I'm getting some kind of action, even if it is in dreamland and may be a little - different. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

lol.

I didn't say what happened after, so you mightn't be getting any action at all - "different" or not :P
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
David wrote:

:shock: :?

Oh well, at least I'm getting some kind of action, even if it is in dreamland and may be a little - different. :P
If only dreamland would be as kind to me. I'm a 20 year old male, FFS! I shouldn't be constructing Freudian analyses of my dreams, they should all be literal! :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

luvdids wrote:lol.

I didn't say what happened after, so you mightn't be getting any action at all - "different" or not :P
Bugger, so I can't even get laid in someone elses dreams. :(

Just as long as I wasn't being the "nice guy". {reaches for gun, places it under chin and waits...}
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What you said was either too complex or too simple for me. Ask me another question. A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly.