Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:I can't believe that sensible people think it was OK for Salem to take out his rage at being pantsed in the contest by throwing the ball at Ginnivan and then shoving him over. There's no call for it - pathetic little worm.
Shoving him over :lol: :lol:

It wouldn't have pushed over a little kid.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:I can't believe that sensible people think it was OK for Salem to take out his rage at being pantsed in the contest by throwing the ball at Ginnivan and then shoving him over. There's no call for it - pathetic little worm.
100% i cant believe people think its ok either, its not kinder, loose the temper tantrums!he had to pot shots! god knows how many ginnie has copped lately, and its got to stop, he has been singled out, players know they will get away with it,
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ No, it was just more gutless sore-loserville shit from Salem - but some people seem to think it's OK.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Lol Ginnivan did not dive, he was shoved to the ground and wasn’t expecting the contact because the ball was out of bounds. Free kick. Thank god my kids aren’t being umpired by eddiesmith in the little league
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:wel you are allowed to be wrong

and you are!
The game is better viewing when both eyes are open. :wink:
I wonder if the umpires and their advocate Eddiesmith practice this!
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:wel you are allowed to be wrong

and you are!
The game is better viewing when both eyes are open. :wink:
I wonder if the umpires and their advocate Eddiesmith practice this!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Lol Ginnivan did not dive, he was shoved to the ground and wasn’t expecting the contact because the ball was out of bounds. Free kick. Thank god my kids aren’t being umpired by eddiesmith in the little league
I’d be worried what you’re teaching your kids if they went to ground with that little contact as it wouldn’t have knocked over an Auskicker
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

I thought the Ginnivan one probably was major and obvious, and such off the ball contact is usually paid, but overall, I thought we probably got the rub of the umpiring green yesterday. The Howe 50 was there (as was the one that should have been paid to Elliott) but several of the frees paid to Jamie’s for HTB were hair-trigger, especially given the proximity to goal.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote: It depends on how many free kicks you want paid a game? The general rule is the major and obvious, not every single technical free kick. Yesterdays tally is about what you’d expect in a final, 50-60 free kicks a game is too many generally.

The funny thing is people like to scream about this missed free kick and that missed free kick and 99% of them like Ginny’s dive are not what you want paid.
I had a game this year where my colleagues paid way too many free kicks and guess what? They were rightly criticised for it because no one really wants that.
Next game with the same team they were high praise for our umpiring when I was with 2 better umpires who also only paid the major and obvious, because that’s really what you want to see.
I think you have purposely or inadvertently misinterpreted what I said. I would absolutely hate every minute free paid but I wrote “genuine frees” on purpose dude. In just about every game, they miss major frees for both sides. With 3 Martians running the show, this is not acceptable in my view.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

He needs to start playing football, he didn’t play for any frees last night which is a step in the right direction, he needs to contribute next week or he won’t be playing finals IMO.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Meredith1965 wrote:I thought the Ginnivan one probably was major and obvious, and such off the ball contact is usually paid, but overall, I thought we probably got the rub of the umpiring green yesterday. The Howe 50 was there (as was the one that should have been paid to Elliott) but several of the frees paid to Jamie’s for HTB were hair-trigger, especially given the proximity to goal.
The Elliott free’s were 50/50 IMO, I’d be pissed if they were paid against us, which they normally are.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

He does stage but frees were there
The umpires do select him for special treatment
If he cut out the playing for frees he may get some more

Still pissed that Duckwood has made a career of this and not punished
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Marvelos wrote:
The Elliott free’s were 50/50 IMO, I’d be pissed if they were paid against us, which they normally are.
Yeah, agree. The first one was there, because the defender shaped to handball and then chose not to, but the last two seemed too hot to me. The bloke playing the ball deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Meredith1965 wrote:
Marvelos wrote:
Yeah, agree. The first one was there, because the defender shaped to handball and then chose not to, but the last two seemed too hot to me. The bloke playing the ball deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Watch it again with your eyes open. HTB/incorrect disposal any day of the week. Billy deserved both free kicks.,

By the way, it’s a violation of forum rules to reply to yourself, Marvelos Meredith