What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

I often see how soft this generation is and boy oh boy, had a classic example of it last night.

Plane flies to site from Perth, it's a 55 minute flight. 100 seat plane and 40 were scheduled to fly out.

About 15 minutes before the pilot advised me that boarding would commence, 2 of the hosties started heading toward the terminal. I thought they must be going for a smoke or to use the dunny.
Next thing, the plane shuts down and pilots disembark.

The young hostie isn't feeling very well. She couldn't just suck it up and get through a 55 minute, that was only 40% full.
So, due to CASA protocols, the plane can't fly, they must have 3 hosties.
The 40 people had to wait for the airline to fly another plane up, with 1 fresh hostie on board to enable the crew to go home.

She didn't look to crook to me when she boarded her personal flight on the other plane to go home.

Weak.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Mate, to be fair, a 55 minute flight one way, then a refuel and 55 minute flight back, that's suddenly 2 hours of feeling crook before you can start the trip home.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids

Post by Skids »

She only had to last the 55 minutes back to Perth.

40 people, plus the pilots and other crew didn't get back to Perth until 9pm because the precious petal (our site nurses words) couldn't tough it out for an hour.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

she might have got awful news they described as "ill"

however, with 40 people on board, and 2 other hosties, i agree, hide her somewhere and fly back like that! I mean she had to wait too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Made the grandson a double cheeseburger with chips (from a packet) on the side and a milo for dinner.

Mum looked at it and told him "that's huge, can you eat all that?"

He replies, "yep, when I go to McDonalds I always get a double cheeseburger, not a single one"

I piped in, "Is mine better than McDonalds?"

He replies "Of course, you're like Picasso just with food"

Mum says "What's Picasso?"
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Apologies to TP but England losing the soccer final against Spain in whatever competition it was, made me laugh.

All their supporters were so sure they were going to win. Then they didn't. :lol:

I have an old singlet I still wear in the garden, it has written on the front "I barrack for 2 teams. Australia and anyone who is playing England"

Suffer flogs. :lol:
think positive

Post by think positive »

Meh, not a soccer fan at all, and after watching the Wembley special, gees, theirfans are damn crazy

Though you bet your arse I would have celebrated a win!
Skids

Re: What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Post by Skids »

Kelly working with some year 1's and helping them make Fathers Day cards.

As we all know, there are quite a lot of 'variables' these days. Incarceration being one of them....

Kel was helping one kid out, saying he could make it about an Uncle or his Grandad. The kid replies, "Yeah, it can't be my Dad, he's on holidays, for 6 years and won't be able to open it"
think positive

Post by think positive »

That’s so sad
Skids

Post by Skids »

None of my grandkids do one for their Dads, they're not around... I get the Grandad ones.
Aria has made a plate with a picture she drew of us jumping off the deck into the pool.
Hayes has made a card with us kicking the footy into his Mums car.... we always get in trouble for that.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re:

Post by pietillidie »

stui magpie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:17 pmApologies to TP but England losing the soccer final against Spain in whatever competition it was, made me laugh.
Hahaha, I just saw this. Hey, I live here! It's funny, I can't bring myself to support England in cricket or rugby, growing up hating them, but I do support the English football team now except against the Socceroos, which rarely happens anyway.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Culprit »

Watching the Blues v Port in Canada, Blues at HT celebrating a great first half only to fall apart in the second half. :D Sitting in Canada watching the Blues lose at Marvel, is priceless.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Kicking back in Toc with a beer, listening to Jim and Bill, rush hour hump day quiz.

One of the contestants is on a crowded bus on the way home from work so he's trying to speak real quiet into the phone. Then comes the music question. They play a few lines of a song and the contestant has to sing the next few lines. This poor bastard has to sing the chorus of "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, while seated on a crowded bus. :lol: :lol: .

Geezus I laughed. He's saying stuff like, "I'm getting some really strange looks here" and "the person sitting next to me is mortified". :lol:
think positive

Re: Re:

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:20 pm
stui magpie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:17 pmApologies to TP but England losing the soccer final against Spain in whatever competition it was, made me laugh.
Hahaha, I just saw this. Hey, I live here! It's funny, I can't bring myself to support England in cricket or rugby, growing up hating them, but I do support the English football team now except against the Socceroos, which rarely happens anyway.
i always barrack for England in rugby and cricket over Oz! I detest the Aussie cricket team, dirty scummy arrogant cheats, and I love Johnny! Don’t car3 about soccer, can’t stand it!

Watching the Olympics, (picked the best time to get the worst flu ever and a new puppy!), I barrack all over the place. I’ve cried buckets! From all the amazing golden girls efforts to Simone Biles, to the discus thrower, to the st Lucia first medal ever, just seeing all those dreams come true, it’s incredible. Imagine being 14 and Tony Hawk gives you a shout out on social media! And now the back to back skate boarder! Love the high jumpers, such great attitudes, and who’s not crying over the pole vault. Sometimes the nationality doesn’t matter.