#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

No doubt about JDG he provides the entertainment for the bored football world... and we're especially bored during this bye. Me? I'm suffering from JDG fatigue, are you?
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Hard to see it as anything else but a media beat up

No facts

No journo in Bali

Non story.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Handwringers Anonymous will be swelling in numbers after the JDG story. It's only a story if you make it one. Meh.
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Convo I’m overhearing at a BBQ right now:

“De Goey lifted a woman’s shirt and groped her in Bali.”
“That’s disgusting!”
“He needs to be sacked.”
“Jail. He needs to be locked up. You can’t assault women like that!”
“No, he’ll get away with it because he’s Collingwood, you watch!”

One of them is a Bulldogs supporter by the way. I’ve tried correcting them and showing them the facts, but I’m biased apparently and it’s a cover-up by our club. Unbelievable. THIS is why headlines matter and why the club/De Goey need to make a statement about media.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
think positive wrote:
And besides I was thoroughly enjoying the BaileySmith stuff, I wasn’t done yet!
I was hoping for the rest of the Melbourne bombshells to hit the front page!
lol! Me too, got yo be more to it, where were the camera phones!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 235 times

Post by Jezza »

Total beat up. Are players not allowed some time away from the football landscape?

JDG has released a statement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce799fav-aa/
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

It’s becoming pretty obvious that the club are not happy.

For me it’s a non story, but for the club to only come out with a half assed statement is a statement within itself.

Especially the longer it takes.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jezza wrote:Total beat up. Are players not allowed some time away from the football landscape?

Brilliant! Exactly what needed to be said, good on you Jordy!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies2016 wrote:IF he is currently under a club imposed alcohol rehabilitation program, then unless those drinks were non alcoholic, he’s breaking a club rule.
He was ordered to do 10 sessions of counselling, not a rehab program, he hasn't been banned from drinking, so he hasn't broken any rules or laws.

The young woman in question clearly isn't shy about showing off her assets, https://www.instagram.com/remyjackson/ and has said nothing to see. Jordy follows her on Insta so whether it was a random catch up or a planned one, we don't know.

I can only assume that this is fairly standard nighclub behaviour and it's only offensive to people who haven't been to a nightclub for 25+ years.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:Total beat up. Are players not allowed some time away from the football landscape?

- yes they are, when it’s over, now is not the time for a bender, where are the rest of our players, is there something special about him?

As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.

My hubby LOVES to rev me up about all things Collingwood, and when I react he’s like, oh come on I’m joking. If you push for a reaction, you will usually get one, and when you do you should not complain about it. If he didn’t realise thus would happen and the media would jump on it like they always do about Collingwood, then he’s dumber than I give him credit for.

If he’s out with a bunch of scrubbers and grubs like him, he should fully expect someone will post the result.

The club pays him handsomely, he cost us with the NYC bullshit, guilty or not, it’s time to pull his head in and I really hope the other players hold him accountable. He’s a dickhead. A spoilt self entitled dickhead who thinks he’s bulletproof.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hearing Nick Riewoldt take the moral high road is laughable, considering what he got up to. How the hell do these hypocrites get employed?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote: As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.
That’s all very well to say until it’s your drunken night out on the front pages of The Herald Sun and being discussed ad nauseam on TV and radio. How many of us, rich or poor, would be able to cope with that level of scrutiny? Do you think Hollywood actors and pop singers don’t suffer psychologically from this stuff too?

Putting the rights and wrongs of AFL players going to nightclubs or De Goey specifically to one side, he’s 100% right to point out that media coverage like this can have a negative impact on player mental health. And it’s an issue the media should take seriously when deciding whether to publish something that’s clearly not in the public interest.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

His statement is great, if he had any credibility. But he doesn’t, so it’s BS.

“All trades considered”
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

He is a smart footballer. He is an exceptionally dumb human being.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Haff wrote:His statement is great, if he had any credibility. But he doesn’t, so it’s BS.

“All trades considered”
Yep

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:He is a smart footballer. He is an exceptionally dumb human being.
Yep