#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

David wrote:
think positive wrote: As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.
That’s all very well to say until it’s your drunken night out on the front pages of The Herald Sun and being discussed ad nauseam on TV and radio. How many of us, rich or poor, would be able to cope with that level of scrutiny? Do you think Hollywood actors and pop singers don’t suffer psychologically from this stuff too?

Putting the rights and wrongs of AFL players going to nightclubs or De Goey specifically to one side, he’s 100% right to point out that media coverage like this can have a negative impact on player mental health. And it’s an issue the media should take seriously when deciding whether to publish something that’s clearly not in the public interest.
Absolutely spot on David.
Very appropriate response by JDG to the outright bullying coming from the "journalistic" media and social media over the last 24 hours. They are fortunate he has a healthy ego :wink:
However, everyone has their breaking point with this sort of attack and there's no predicting when that can come.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Jordan DeGoey goes to Bali

Post by inxs88 »

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Sorry naysayers but Jordan going to Bali for the break is a goose decision and defies the optics, common sense and opens up greater temptations than if we to go to Portsea. Simply don't understand how he had the confidence to ask the club or think it was appropriate.
I'm sorry, but moronic supporters like this is the exact reason why 80% of the negative AFL articles are about Collingwood. Some supporters just want to hate!! What exactly did DeGoey do wrong. Its shameful that fools followed him to Bali to film him being a 24yo letting his hair down.

What offends people, his tongue? Or simply that he is having fun? Footage of this could have been taken at the St Kilda pub FFS.

Grow up dude. Its embarrassing that you give this shit oxygen.

I hope you have a fund few days DeGoey. I'm quite impressed you dont appear wasted! I wouldn't blame you if you were. 14 hard weeks with 10 to go and this is your only weekend off. Blow off your steam and lets get it in the second half of the year.

in the meantime, may i remind you that Denis Rodman went partying in vegas during the finals and came back and helped Michael Jordan cement a legacy as one of the all time great teams. Rodman himself is considered by some the best defensive player of all time. A very energetic person who found going out allowed him to let off steam and in no way affected his performance!!!

Jordan has been a superstar this year! I bet he comes back as one, despite the 5 wasted pages here. did you guys learn nothing in the summer????
This might be the most unintelligent riposte to a legitimate thread that when posted BEFORE the incident has proven to be Nostradamus like in its predictions. E, I'll give the embarrassing syntax a hall pass and decipher the moot errors as much as i can.;

1. Derek "North Korea" Rodman is your alibi??? Speaks for it's stupidity

2. DeGoey a Champion? Any sane pundit, commentator and Pies fans know this ISN'T the case

3. Been a superstar in 2022? Solid but not even close to spectacular

4. Fools followed him to Bali? Hey Eric, it's his so called friends namely the "blonde, botoxed, bombshell" who uploaded the videos/pics to Instagram. As Rick James once sang: "she's a very kinky girl, one you don't take home to Mama"!!

5. Blow off steam? With a potential $4,000,000 five year deal on offer in the next 10 weeks, most Nickster's and players with half a brain would lock themselves away with the Dala Lama for 4 days vs risk any incident.

6. He is turning 27 next birthday not 24.

But that's okay E, keep defending the indefensible.
Last edited by inxs88 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yet in the NBA where they play many more games close together and earn a shitpile more money, players can go to nightclubs and stripclubs, party hard mid week between games, and no one bats an eyelid.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

David wrote:
think positive wrote: As for his comment, bullshit, Bailey should not have mentioned mental health and neither should de Goey allude to it.
That’s all very well to say until it’s your drunken night out on the front pages of The Herald Sun and being discussed ad nauseam on TV and radio. How many of us, rich or poor, would be able to cope with that level of scrutiny? Do you think Hollywood actors and pop singers don’t suffer psychologically from this stuff too?

Putting the rights and wrongs of AFL players going to nightclubs or De Goey specifically to one side, he’s 100% right to point out that media coverage like this can have a negative impact on player mental health. And it’s an issue the media should take seriously when deciding whether to publish something that’s clearly not in the public interest.
100% agree David. I think JDG's statement is a very strong and is absolutely correct. The media is a ruthless monster which pollutes the atmosphere with lies, mind numbing trivia and prurient gossip, when it is not bloodthirsty violence. The media regards professional athletes who achieve fame because of their astonishing physical capabilities, as commodities out of which they can extract superprofits. To these media vultures, the mental welfare of the athletes that they expose to ridicule and humiliation is an issue to which they are totally indifferent.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
David wrote:

Absolutely spot on David.
Very appropriate response by JDG to the outright bullying coming from the "journalistic" media and social media over the last 24 hours. They are fortunate he has a healthy ego :wink:
However, everyone has their breaking point with this sort of attack and there's no predicting when that can come.
Just read your comment, PP as well. 100% agree.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

dp
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:He is a smart footballer. He is an exceptionally dumb human being.
He is a St Kev’s old boy; he might need some support
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Big T »

The whole."shocking video" line is laughable. It's only shocking to people who have lived under a rock for 50 years or are hiding deeper crimes and secrets...

But the thing for the club will be, will Jordy get thru a 5 year contract without pulling a stunt that loses a major sponsor or ends him in jail? Every cheap tart who wants a headline will target him, one will pull assault or the like, needs a constant minder. This is what will worry the club regardless or jordys rightful crusade to have a life outside of footy and basically party like most of my generation did in the 90s. The videos wouldn't get noticed for 99% of the population.
Buon Giorno
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Talking to my niece and nephew today, who go clubbing regularly and they said it’s hilarious people find the video of Jordy “shocking.” That’s the norm every night at clubs. It’s been 20 years since I went clubbing, but it wasn’t much different back then either. You’d think all the critics having a go at Jordy are conservative Christians. I’m surprised no one has accused Jordy of satanism yet. Get him into Dungeons & Dragons and let’s make it a proper moral panic!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Those defending Jordan are wrong. Simple. Irrelevant that the young lass had no issues and probably encouraged it. Irrelevant that there’s not much in it (and I agree). Fact is, if I go out to a club with my company gear on and go viral trying to expose some chicks breast, my company sees it and decided it’s against our values or codes of behaviour, I am accountable and losing my job.
Can tell you this behaviour isn’t in the acceptable range for the AFL and unfortunately for Jordan he represents his employer in everything he does, he doesn’t get to take his company logo off but he is handsomely remunerated for it. That’s it, simple.
I hate that I agree with Cane but going there was stupid. He can play the victim all he wants, not the medias fault. Actually says to me he’s a lost cause (Amber Heard like) and we should get whatever we can for him.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Oh FFS, I'm sick of hearing about people having to comply with 'their employers values'. I'm also sick of the PC Taliban dictating to others what is acceptable behaviour. We should each behave as we believe is right and proper, but none of us should try to impose our moral code on others....as long as their behaviour involves consenting adults.

Jordy is still a dickhead however, but he's our dickhead and I'm glad he's a Pie.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Jordan DeGoey goes to Bali

Post by think positive »

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Sorry naysayers but Jordan going to Bali for the break is a goose decision and defies the optics, common sense and opens up greater temptations than if we to go to Portsea. Simply don't understand how he had the confidence to ask the club or think it was appropriate.
I'm sorry, but moronic supporters like this is the exact reason why 80% of the negative AFL articles are about Collingwood. Some supporters just want to hate!! What exactly did DeGoey do wrong. Its shameful that fools followed him to Bali to film him being a 24yo letting his hair down.

What offends people, his tongue? Or simply that he is having fun? Footage of this could have been taken at the St Kilda pub FFS.

Grow up dude. Its embarrassing that you give this shit oxygen.

I hope you have a fund few days DeGoey. I'm quite impressed you dont appear wasted! I wouldn't blame you if you were. 14 hard weeks with 10 to go and this is your only weekend off. Blow off your steam and lets get it in the second half of the year.

in the meantime, may i remind you that Denis Rodman went partying in vegas during the finals and came back and helped Michael Jordan cement a legacy as one of the all time great teams. Rodman himself is considered by some the best defensive player of all time. A very energetic person who found going out allowed him to let off steam and in no way affected his performance!!!

Jordan has been a superstar this year! I bet he comes back as one, despite the 5 wasted pages here. did you guys learn nothing in the summer????
This might be the most unintelligent riposte to a legitimate thread that when posted BEFORE the incident has proven to be Nostradamus like in its predictions. E, I'll give the embarrassing syntax a hall pass and decipher the moot errors as much as i can.;

1. Derek "North Korea" Rodman is your alibi??? Speaks for it's stupidity

2. DeGoey a Champion? Any sane pundit, commentator and Pies fans know this ISN'T the case

3. Been a superstar in 2022? Solid but not even close to spectacular

4. Fools followed him to Bali? Hey Eric, it's his so called friends namely the "blonde, botoxed, bombshell" who uploaded the videos/pics to Instagram. As Rick James once sang: "she's a very kinky girl, one you don't take home to Mama"!!

5. Blow off steam? With a potential $4,000,000 five year deal on offer in the next 10 weeks, most Nickster's and players with half a brain would lock themselves away with the Dala Lama for 4 days vs risk any incident.

6. He is turning 27 next birthday not 24.

But that's okay E, keep defending the indefensible.
Yup to all
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Haff wrote:Those defending Jordan are wrong. Simple. Irrelevant that the young lass had no issues and probably encouraged it. Irrelevant that there’s not much in it (and I agree). Fact is, if I go out to a club with my company gear on and go viral trying to expose some chicks breast, my company sees it and decided it’s against our values or codes of behaviour, I am accountable and losing my job.
Can tell you this behaviour isn’t in the acceptable range for the AFL and unfortunately for Jordan he represents his employer in everything he does, he doesn’t get to take his company logo off but he is handsomely remunerated for it. That’s it, simple.
I hate that I agree with Cane but going there was stupid. He can play the victim all he wants, not the medias fault. Actually says to me he’s a lost cause (Amber Heard like) and we should get whatever we can for him.
Yep and talked he played it up just makes it worse, ugh, just Yuk, vulgar, I’m glad my girls are ‘dags’ if that’s what’s out there!
think positive

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Oh FFS, I'm sick of hearing about people having to comply with 'their employers values'. I'm also sick of the PC Taliban dictating to others what is acceptable behaviour. We should each behave as we believe is right and proper, but none of us should try to impose our moral code on others....as long as their behaviour involves consenting adults.

Jordy is still a dickhead however, but he's our dickhead and I'm glad he's a Pie.
he’s certainly a dickhead!

You have to admit Rudey if he had half a brain he would have expected thus outcome. He wants a big contract, he’s doing himself no favours
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Haff wrote:Those defending Jordan are wrong. Simple. Irrelevant that the young lass had no issues and probably encouraged it. Irrelevant that there’s not much in it (and I agree). Fact is, if I go out to a club with my company gear on and go viral trying to expose some chicks breast, my company sees it and decided it’s against our values or codes of behaviour, I am accountable and losing my job.
I agree with much of that except the bolded bits.

The visual evidence (tattoos) suggests it wasn't jordys hand trying to pull her top down. Even if it was, if you've seen the video, she wasn't upset by it. It was flirtatious.

If I walk up to a random female and try to pull her top down, absolutely I deserve to get slammed for it but that isn't the case here.

yes I'd much prefer that Jordy had at least a high double digit IQ and didn't encourage his partying to be on video, but partying in a bar while wearing company uniform isn't a problem unless you do something wrong, which he didn't.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.