Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by lazzadesilva »

Boot wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:12 pm Membury let the Saints down big time with a mental health crisis the night before their elimination final in 2023 that left the team without him for that game.
You don’t voluntarily have a mental health crisis mate 😳 It can come from left field and affect you badly. That’s a pretty stupid thing to say. Talk to someone who has been through this awful experience and educate yourself🙄
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Yea, I think he would stay with us.

He won't walk into the draft, I do not think he is the type of person to be so indifferent to the club which opened the door for him.
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

slangman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:57 pm As much as I admire and respect Fly, I think he should learn to not be so transparent in public. Giving away too much information on strategy before trade period made everyone fully aware of our how we were approaching the trade period which opposition clubs have manipulated to make us either pay overs or get screwed around with time wasting.

Same applies to “playing the minutes” which he gave such detailed explanations of our method that he might as well have just emailed the play book to each club.
If you think the coach “saying it out loud” is giving it all away and other clubs would otherwise have no idea I think you are mistaken. There are people at clubland whose sole job is to consider what everyone else is doing…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^ @jonmac yep agree on the incremental points but they don’t match the rhetoric just yet. They still have 24hours to work some magic however so still hoping for a major deal rather than a minor one
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

And given the Houston trade news I’m back here to eat my words. Leppa’s confidence has turned to relief and Fly can bank that we’ve improved a whole lot with Houston and Perryman.

Thanks Joe Richards and John Noble otherwise.

Only a key forward to go now for this period to be complete
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

okay, so we've sold the farm again with Houston deal.
That will obviously put either of these touted Whitlocks beyond our reach by draft day.

If this is deemed a disaster internally in a couple of years time, heads will roll of all involved, ala 2020...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

piedys wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:15 pm okay, so we've sold the farm again with Houston deal.
That will obviously put either of these touted Whitlocks beyond our reach by draft day.

If this is deemed a disaster internally in a couple of years time, heads will roll of all involved, ala 2020...
Yep - will not be active in the draft until very late. Personally I am happy to take Houston over a couple of blokes who are "touted"...

Glass half full, what if these moves net us another flag? You might recall that the fiasco of 2020 arguably led us to glory in 2023.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 159 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

We didn't sell the farm. We gave up next year's first-rounder and a later pick we didn't really want which we can trade back for, if we wish - everyone assesses these things as if they are immutable but, let's face it, we don't need things for next year until next year - and let go a couple of players who didn't figure in our plans, absent massive injury problems. In the meantime, we have acquired an actual top-flight footballer who is slightly younger than Noble. This is plainly an A+ result for Collingwood. i do not understand why gold Coast and Port Adelaide wanted to give up so much for the two players they got from us - I actually thought we'd have to delist them for nothing when the time came, so turning them into an all-Australian player is like a magic trick.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Giving up a first and second round draft pick, plus 2 players, is not "nothing" P4S, but nevertheless, I reckon we've done well. One thing's for sure, we are on track for a top 4 finish next year...where we belong.
Presti35
Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 172 times

Post by Presti35 »

So, three picks in the 50s. Are we done with the trade period?

Will this be what we go in with?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Johnno75
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Johnno75 »

RudeBoy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:02 pm Giving up a first and second round draft pick, plus 2 players, is not "nothing" P4S, but nevertheless, I reckon we've done well. One thing's for sure, we are on track for a top 4 finish next year...where we belong.
Compare this to Carlton who essentially gave away their best performed small forward in 2024, pick 12 and a F1 + F2 for pick 3 in what’s an even draft.

No pressure on whoever they pick😂
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 159 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Is there any rule that says they can't select Paddy Dow again?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

we might still have some player trades tomorrow, Finlay and others still in a bit of limbo with contracts. Membrey’s a free get, but we still have interest in Hayes.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Its how good, not how many.

Kreuger
AJ
Macrae
Long

In fact, I would have added them all as steak knives to the Port deal to get Housten.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

What's the situation with Fin Macrae?
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️