#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

inxs88 wrote:Jordan has 1980's sensibilities in a more scrutinised 2022 environment and whether that is fair or not isn't the issue.

As Eddie said a couple of years ago in regards to Travis Cloke in that "if you want the big bucks and long-term contract,you have to handle ALL the that comes with it".

So Jordan, party on man, be a flog, embarrass the club, act like a misogynist and extend your wrap sheet however please: "don't dare via your flog brother-in-law agent, have the audacity to ask for more than $600,000 or 3 years"!!!

You cannot have it all!
Eddie would be the last person I’d listen to given how he intervened in getting Beams back to Melbourne and given his perceived racist and sexist remarks. To me it’s about throwing stones in glass houses. To Jordan if he’s reading this, I hope you enjoyed yourself in Bali and looking forward to seeing you back on the football field. And if there are any Collingwood board members jittery at Jordan’s behavior in Bali, can we please have another AGM where we can vote for a new Collingwood board.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm so looking forward to the third-round draft pick we get for him.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Just out of curiosity, did any other Pies players head overseas this past week?

Also, I’m glad the club let him go to Bali…. My guess is they wanted to see how he conducted himself after NY. Sometimes you have to set someone up to fail to find out a little more about them.

The club would be forming opinions and validating them along the way. This is another small piece of validation when it comes to decision time at the end of the year.

He won’t last beyond this season at the Pies.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm so looking forward to the third-round draft pick we get for him.
I actually Lol!

Well said burnsey,

I’ve no idea what will happen but I’m betting the club are not as forgiving as some of the posters here, wether the club ever admits it if not!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

The club did the right thing. They showed trust in their player. They knew it had potential to turn pear shaped.

Two things could have happened…. He could have gone and returned without any issues or what has happened could have happened. But they wouldn’t have known unless they let him go.

Trust has now gone… and so, I’m guessing, he also will be gone.

Send him to North for a couple of first rounders and he can join his mate Stevo over there playing in front of 12,000 and finishing last.

We’ll use his picks on a key forward.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

dp
Last edited by Piesnchess on Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:I'm so looking forward to the third-round draft pick we get for him.

And if he plays in a winning Premiership side against US, kicks the final goal, and we lose another GF by a point, i guess you will shit your pants then hey ?? Unreal, so bloody naive, unreal this joint at times. :o :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Give the bloke some space and let him find his way with the coaches. Plenty of gifted people struggle in the focus and self-control department, smart and dim alike. Meanwhile, if the club can't cope with a bit of media excitement then it's simply not resilient enough. We're talking about a sport involving young men, not a congregation of Mormons.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

MY last and final comment, on this utter, utter fooking beat up and total bloody fiasco, i have no more words too add. Only that its A STORM IN A FARKING TEACUP. THATS IT. FINITO.

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

think positive wrote:
I actually Lol!

Well said burnsey,

I’ve no idea what will happen but I’m betting the club are not as forgiving as some of the posters here, wether the club ever admits it if not!
Forgiving of what exactly TP? For being stupid. And yes the youngest 2 of my three kids are boys. Men now actually, 23 and 19. Both are very respectful of women to my knowledge, as am I. But I have made poor judgements at times when I was younger, particularly when on the grog. But I think I’m still a good person. Jordan De Goey probably is too. He also lives in a world that is totally different to mine so I keep an open mind before deciding that he should be banished.

By the way, he’s a match winner. That’s all I care about. They don’t grow on trees so you don’t throw them away.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Piesnchess wrote:

And if he plays in a winning Premiership side against US, kicks the final goal, and we lose another GF by a point, i guess you will shit your pants then hey ?? Unreal, so bloody naive, unreal this joint at times. :o :roll:
We need a LIKE button on here. We can search for a replacement and might end up with Horne Francis or Smith!! What then ? DeGoey did nothing wrong as far as I can see, I've seen no video evidence of him drinking, the arm in the Groping video is quite clearly not him, he was giving some muppet the finger for filming him and DANCING!!!With a GIRL!! Who later wrapped herself around him and stated there is nothing to see here. Hopefully some of the negative posters here have no influence over other peoples children is all I can say.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:

If you can’t get sarcasm when it’s expressed, i can’t help you.

Or do you think we’ll only snaffle a 4th rounder for him?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

We need a LIKE button on here. We can search for a replacement and might end up with Horne Francis or Smith!! What then ? DeGoey did nothing wrong as far as I can see, I've seen no video evidence of him drinking, the arm in the Groping video is quite clearly not him, he was giving some muppet the finger for filming him and DANCING!!!With a GIRL!! Who later wrapped herself around him and stated there is nothing to see here. Hopefully some of the negative posters here have no influence over other peoples children is all I can say.
Absolutely. It’s important that we all pile on with the abuse - because that’s an adult response.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

mudlark wrote:as far as I can see, I've seen no video evidence of him drinking.
You mustn’t have good eye sight…. Or you don’t consider lay backs on a dance floor as drinking??