#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

burnsy17 wrote:Just out of curiosity, did any other Pies players head overseas this past week? .
I believe Pendles and Manyard, maybe a few others are up around Port Douglas/Palm Cove and a couple others up in the Whitsundays, haven't heard of any others going overseas.

And yes, De Goey was drinking. Apparently he started at some fancy pool bar which was where he met the girl in the videos and the one who took them, they got acquainted there then all kicked on together to the nightclub.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Wow, this threads got it all, Amber Heard, The SuperFreak...just waiting for someone to mention Hitler
No Hitler until you mentioned it. I think I saw a quote of Jezus with a zee :)
As far as I know the Bali footage showed no sighting of Elvis!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

The debate over the fallout of the Bali trip has plenty of sides and to be honest I find myself changing my opinion from one of sympathy for him to one of anger about how he has behaved since joining the club.

The one thing that is isn't being discussed is his problem with alcohol. I am sure many of us have 'that mate' who just goes over the top when they drink. Most of us carry on and might even fall over afterwards, however some guys should just leave it alone. Jordy is that guy. He has a problem with alcohol. Until he realises it, he will continue to let himself down in some shape or form.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The most ironic thing was he was outed by his own chicks Insta I think. She was probably trophy bragging. What media sads..ks are stalking people's instas 24/7? Great life.
Get back on top.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:The debate over the fallout of the Bali trip has plenty of sides and to be honest I find myself changing my opinion from one of sympathy for him to one of anger about how he has behaved since joining the club.

The one thing that is isn't being discussed is his problem with alcohol. I am sure many of us have 'that mate' who just goes over the top when they drink. Most of us carry on and might even fall over afterwards, however some guys should just leave it alone. Jordy is that guy. He has a problem with alcohol. Until he realises it, he will continue to let himself down in some shape or form.
The only people who letting themselves down are the ones commenting on something they know nothing about. Stop judging people based on your opinion. He’s friend ( female) came out & said nothing to see here yet ‘the debate’ as you put it continues. Leave him alone.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

DeGoey did onothing "wrong", but:
Its dumb to think that if you're an AFL footballer (or any professional sports player) that you won't be under extra scrutiny, especially on the socials.
Its dumb to think that doesn't apply 10-fold if you are a Collingwood player in Melbourne.
Its dumb to think that won't be even worse if you've had a string of indiscressions.
Its dumb to then go to a popular and renowned party location on your break.
And its dumb to party with dumb friends who have smart phones...
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

And if you haven’t haven’t flooded jake Farkin nails email account with abuse get on it. Let them feel the wrath of the Collingwood supporter base. Sidebyside
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:DeGoey did onothing "wrong", but:
Its dumb to think that if you're an AFL footballer (or any professional sports player) that you won't be under extra scrutiny, especially on the socials.
Its dumb to think that doesn't apply 10-fold if you are a Collingwood player in Melbourne.
Its dumb to think that won't be even worse if you've had a string of indiscressions.
Its dumb to then go to a popular and renowned party location on your break.
And its dumb to party with dumb friends who have smart phones...
All correct but still just an opinion. You think it’s dumb the next person doesn’t. We/he/she should not have to do what other people think they should do. Dumb or not.
It’s not breaking the law. It’s not morally wrong.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by slangman »

I have noticed that there seems to be a great divide in opinion between footy fans and the media.
This is just another example of the media praying for a story and imho lowering themselves to gutter journalism.
Another example is their attack on Ginnivan whilst totally ignoring (or maybe protecting) Selwood when it comes to ducking and playing for free kicks.
The silence from the media is deafening….

Until it comes to their obsession with gutter tabloid stories that make a mockery of their journalistic title.
Jon Ralph is the nerdy dibber dobber who salivates at the opportunity to throw someone under the bus….he will even create the bus if there isn’t one!!!
Kane Cornes, geez, the fact that he gets a gig is everything you need to know about the poor standard of the AFL media.

We all know that JDG is not like Pendlebury but this would have to be one of the biggest media created stories in quite a while. I for one do not care that he went to Bali. I actually have more of an issue with him riding his dirt bike.

I feel for Jordy because no matter what he does, the gutter rats will do their best to create something from “nothing to see here”.

Legacy media is on its last legs and Cornes and Ralph are examples of why people are turning to other sources for their information.
- Side By Side -
bally12

Post by bally12 »

To those thinking that wasn't JDG's forearm, it was. The HS had a pic that clearly showed his tatts down to the ones on the inside of his fingers.
The main issue I have with Jordy is his lack of maturity for a 26yo. Leave out the fact that his nightclub antics were caught on camera and published on social media. He's a professional athlete on decent money in a team sport where you need to be a team player, and think about the consequences of your actions. Not doing so shows a lack of care and respect for your teammates for one. Selfish.
So what are the issues here? For one, there is the issue of a professional athlete (in mid-season mind you) not even skolling shots but actually having alochol (or God knows what they have in Bali clubs) poured straight down his throat by the barman. Yeh I know there's a name for this and it's a nightclub thing...I don't care. This after he's already been drinking at a pool party earlier in the day. Out of control. We've all seen accounts of athletes being meticulous in what they eat/drink, and how they prepare. Well that's not Jordy.
After this, the vulgar acts in front of the camera...the middle finger, the tongue action. Wtf? Like grow up man. Just because someone sticks a camera in front of you, doesn't mean you have to act like a d#ckhead.
Then there's the pretty sh#t act of trying to expose the girl's breast. I don't care if she's a social media queen, or trying to be, or party girl or whatever and claims "nothing to see here'. She's also got family, mum, dad, siblings, that would find that pretty disgusting thing to do to their daughter, sister etc.
Yeh I know he's a good player, and crucial to our team. He may even one day be the difference in us winning a premiership. Does it matter if we do win one with a list of sh#t people that don't care about the club or its supporters? Yeh it matters to me. Winning isn't everything. If it didn't matter, then I'd quite happily barrack for pompous cheating Caaaarlton da da da da da.
So Jordy, pull your head in, and have a look at yourself and what you want to stand for.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Gonna be a circus when he gets back

Look on the bright side, Considering Jordy is popular with the ladies, we might get some terrific father-son picks in future.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If the actual woman in question has no issue with Jordan then why in the hell do some believe they have the right to be morally outraged on her behalf?

It's her body, it's her rules, if she has no problem then people should stop imposing their own morality on the incident or be looking to exploit the situation to push their own agenda in the media.

#justiceforjordan
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

swoop42 wrote:If the actual woman in question has no issue with Jordan then why in the hell do some believe they have the right to be morally outraged on her behalf?

It's her body, it's her rules, if she has no problem then people should stop imposing their own morality on the incident or be looking to exploit the situation to push their own agenda in the media.

#justiceforjordan
I swear people get outraged on behalf of others who don’t have issue with what they’re supposedly victims of. See it on social media a lot,
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

The only night club/shop I go to is 7/11.

But I dare to guess his behavior is perfectly normal in his environment.

He will come up firing on Sunday to prove some points!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Damien wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:I'm so looking forward to the third-round draft pick we get for him.
I actually Lol!

Well said burnsey,

I’ve no idea what will happen but I’m betting the club are not as forgiving as some of the posters here, wether the club ever admits it if not!
Forgiving of what exactly TP? For being stupid. And yes the youngest 2 of my three kids are boys. Men now actually, 23 and 19. Both are very respectful of women to my knowledge, as am I. But I have made poor judgements at times when I was younger, particularly when on the grog. But I think I’m still a good person. Jordan De Goey probably is too. He also lives in a world that is totally different to mine so I keep an open mind before deciding that he should be banished.

By the way, he’s a match winner. That’s all I care about. They don’t grow on trees so you don’t throw them away.
how many matches could we have won if he put as much into every quarter as Howe, Maynard, Adams, Pendles? hes half arsed too often

and forgiving of putting collingwood in the papers and in the news for the wrong reasons AGAIN!

someone else above mentioned young men, hes only 13.5 years off middle age! when is he intending to grow up?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!