What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

luvdids

Post by luvdids »

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:lol.

I didn't say what happened after, so you mightn't be getting any action at all - "different" or not :P
Bugger, so I can't even get laid in someone elses dreams. :(

Just as long as I wasn't being the "nice guy". {reaches for gun, places it under chin and waits...}
Put the gun down, you did alright :wink:

Post by 5150 »

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:lol.

I didn't say what happened after, so you mightn't be getting any action at all - "different" or not :P
Bugger, so I can't even get laid in someone elses dreams. :(

Just as long as I wasn't being the "nice guy". {reaches for gun, places it under chin and waits...}
Put the gun down, you did alright :wink:
Go Stui, Go Stui, Go Stui..... :D
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

LOL. :oops:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Speaking of weird dreams.. I dreamt I was at a music festival and, keeping in mind I was not dreaming in the past but in the present, Belinda Carlisle was headlining and everyone was wearing really bad 80s clothes, and then I went to the bank outside of the music festival arena (I went to the teller instead of the ATM) and she wouldn't serve me because she knew I'd been to the music festival and they weren't serving festival goers. So I cracked it and asked her to point me to the nearest ATM if she was going to be so rude. I don't know how she knew I'd been to the festival anyway! Weird dream. Pfft Belinda Carlisle! She opened with Heaven is a Place on Earth. What the heck is that dream supposed to mean? And they say dreams mean something, then why are mine all so random?

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

On the dream theme. I recently dreamt of being in a strange house. In the fancy looking shower was an ornate plaque which had listed the names of the occupants of the house. About third down on the list was JacJacJacqui. Was I cleansing myself of strange thoughts or was it a potential wet dream ?? :wink: :?:
ex : You love Collingwood more than you love me
b-b: I love Carlton more than I love you
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I keep having dreams that I reconcile with some of the friends who I have drifted apart from over the years. Always wake up with a tinge of sadness.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I know what you mean, Mike. I've been there.
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

Unfortunately watched the last three quarters of The Spearman Experiment, first time I've had a look since I posted after the first show. This countdown was the most popular cartoon/animated characters. Once again Magda Szubanski, hosting this collection of Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Homer Simpson, South Park, etc.. failed to crack it for a smile. What is it with this woman ?? I think they need to sit Marg Downie down opposite Magda and hope they get the giggles. The "celebrity" commentators on this show are even more obscure than Channel 9's lot. Who the f#&k is "TV Celebrity Shannon Ponton" ? Geez I miss Friday night football !
ex : You love Collingwood more than you love me
b-b: I love Carlton more than I love you
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Ok, I'm not the most superstititious bloke going around but a couple of things have kinda spooked me this week. While sitting at home alone and watching tv the blu ray has decided to switch itself on and begin playing the disc inside. Weird enough on it's own but when that disc happens to be a B grade vampire horror movie and the tv swaps screen to the one the movie's playing on, it gets a little unnerving. Thought I may've inadvertently pressed the remote as I had it resting in my hand the 1st and 2nd time it occured but tonight both remotes were sitting 2 metres away.... help
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is it really that odd?
Piethagoras' Theorem

you doubt me?
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

frankiboy wrote:Ok, I'm not the most superstititious bloke going around but a couple of things have kinda spooked me this week. While sitting at home alone and watching tv the blu ray has decided to switch itself on and begin playing the disc inside. Weird enough on it's own but when that disc happens to be a B grade vampire horror movie and the tv swaps screen to the one the movie's playing on, it gets a little unnerving. Thought I may've inadvertently pressed the remote as I had it resting in my hand the 1st and 2nd time it occured but tonight both remotes were sitting 2 metres away.... help
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

frankiboy wrote:you doubt me?
Not at all, Franki! Now you just wait there and I'll introduce you to my friends in the white coats. :)

(seriously, that is pretty creepy). :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

frankiboy wrote:Ok, I'm not the most superstititious bloke going around but a couple of things have kinda spooked me this week. While sitting at home alone and watching tv the blu ray has decided to switch itself on and begin playing the disc inside. Weird enough on it's own but when that disc happens to be a B grade vampire horror movie and the tv swaps screen to the one the movie's playing on, it gets a little unnerving. Thought I may've inadvertently pressed the remote as I had it resting in my hand the 1st and 2nd time it occured but tonight both remotes were sitting 2 metres away.... help
The rational explanation is that there's something wrong with the TV.

The other one is that your house is haunted by the earth bound spirit of the old lady who died in her bed (in what's now your bedroom) and is yet to find her way to the light.

Run emu boy Run. :shock: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piethagoras' Theorem

haha, I'm too scared to take the disc out, next thing you know it may just play itself again. That's not something I'm prepared to deal with :shock: