Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

cobood

Post by cobood »

Woke up with a smile on my face this morning... as Andrew Marr of SEN was recounting his experience at the Commonwealth games... He was telling Tim Watson about a competitor ( didnt quite catch the name in my dreamlike state... Dale something or other I think) who was standing on the podium after accepting his medal... unzipped his trackie top and.... yeah.. :D there he was wearing his Collingwood jumper.... :D :D Well done Son!

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!! 2010 AFL Premiers
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

cobood wrote:Woke up with a smile on my face this morning... as Andrew Marr of SEN was recounting his experience at the Commonwealth games... He was telling Tim Watson about a competitor ( didnt quite catch the name in my dreamlike state... Dale something or other I think) who was standing on the podium after accepting his medal... unzipped his trackie top and.... yeah.. :D there he was wearing his Collingwood jumper.... :D :D Well done Son!

Just simply BRILLIANT!! :twisted: :P
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:So proud of the Collingwood Football Club

2010 AFL Premiers
becoz

Collingwood won the 2010 AFL Premiership

:D :D :D
Go Pies !!!!
kambarker

Post by kambarker »

cobood wrote:Woke up with a smile on my face this morning... as Andrew Marr of SEN was recounting his experience at the Commonwealth games... He was telling Tim Watson about a competitor ( didnt quite catch the name in my dreamlike state... Dale something or other I think) who was standing on the podium after accepting his medal... unzipped his trackie top and.... yeah.. :D there he was wearing his Collingwood jumper.... :D :D Well done Son!

Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great year!!
HOT PIES!!!
kam
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

When I thought I might not see any ... we got the 1 after so long! YES!!

Now 2, we did it, we actually did it ... still pinching myself.

Thank you thank you thank you 8)
Side by side we Stick together
regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

Sorry to turn "Stan the Statistician" but here are some interesting facts:

The 2010 grand final part 2 was the first win by the Pies over the Saints in a final since the second semi 1966, the day that Tuddy kicked 7 goals from a half forward flank.

Both recent premierships were won with 3 wins and a draw in finals, a unique achievement.

In recent times, including 1977, the Magpies have played in 4 finals draws. They have won 3 replays/extra time out of 4.

This premiership is the first time the Pies beat the previous year's runner-up in a grand final since 1936.

Good news for Saints. The team that Collingwood beat in the grand final won the flag fairly soon after: Essendon(1990) 3 years later, Melbourne (1958) one year later, Geelong (1953) 10 years later. Sadly South Melbourne (1936) had to wait 69 years!
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

It's difficult to isolate the Grand Final as an individual game of footy. Of course, to be premiers that's exactly what's required from The Cub and they did it beautifully,.... second time around!

Still as a supporter, I found that when the final siren sounded what I was celebrating was the release of pent up emotions that had built over a twenty year roller coaster ride.

A very moving, almost spiritual experience.

Mind you, the hard partying until sunrise was also something to behold!
magpietrev

Post by magpietrev »

Came down from Sydney for both Granys, must make it for the unfurling of the flag. GO PIES.
Official since 1999
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

[quote="cobood"]Woke up with a smile on my face this morning... as Andrew Marr of SEN was recounting his experience at the Commonwealth games... He was telling Tim Watson about a competitor ( didnt quite catch the name in my dreamlike state... Dale something or other I think) who was standing on the podium after accepting his medal... unzipped his trackie top and.... yeah.. :D there he was wearing his Collingwood jumper.... :D :D Well done Son!

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!! 2010 AFL Premiers[/quote]

That would be this bloke here

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/commonwealth ... s/8098298/

Shot putter, Dale Stevenson
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
cobood

Post by cobood »

Thanks for that DB... :D wonder if there is anything on utube about it... would absolutely luv to see it!.... Thanks again...
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
boss351

Post by boss351 »

I'd just like to pass on my congrats to the supporters here and to your club/players , many of you gave me best wishes and congrats back in 2004 with my clubs win , it's been a long and painful last 20 years I'm sure for many of you but 2010 has been a season for you to savor, most impressive
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Thanks Boss, I remember you being a humble Port fan. And thanks for killing those brions in 2004!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

boss351 wrote:I'd just like to pass on my congrats to the supporters here and to your club/players , many of you gave me best wishes and congrats back in 2004 with my clubs win , it's been a long and painful last 20 years I'm sure for many of you but 2010 has been a season for you to savor, most impressive
Cheers boss! :wink:
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Ya gotta love stuff like that, that is awesome.

Go the Pies
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

I also like that we've ended up with a couple of new nicknames

Embury, Dawesome, The Librarian...

I'm still trying to get the Pugnacious Pug up as Jarryd Blairs official nickname

(When you watch the DVD again at 3 in the morning drunk, you think of these things!)
We just got nutted at the clearances...