Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Do we keep Cloke?

Post by think positive »

BHPIE wrote:NO, for me,......hes not worth a Beams and Wellers and others.
dont even need the rest,thats it in a nutshell
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

If he does leave, I don't give a shit where he goes, ungrateful slob!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MattyD

Post by MattyD »

I have no problem with Cloke's interview on the FS.

Good on him. Would have been paid for that.

Maybe that's part of the 'other details' of his contract.

Whatever, he is a champion player.

Have faith people... the future is looking rosy for the Pies.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

rocketronnie wrote:and we we would be struggling to make the eight without him... sign him!
That's a crock and you know it.

I'm all for keeping him if we can, but lets not go all chicken little about the prospect of him walking
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

RudeBoy wrote:Travis has lost me after last night's performance.

To use a public forum to try to pressure Collingwood was a disgrace. Using the footy show to push his case for a 5 yr deal and to confirm that he'd been offered $1million a year by Freo was pathetic. He should not be doing running commentaries on these negotiations. I hope the club now plays hardball. This is what we're offering, take it or leave it.
100% agree.

In the end you want player within the club who really want to be there, not just because we won a bidding war.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Jezza wrote:The whole Travis Cloke contract debacle has become tiring. Ed was right when talking to Robbo and Gerard Whateley the other night on AFL 360 when he said journalists have become too focused on contracts of players instead of what the players are displaying on the footy field.

If people want free agency to take place, they then have to get used to the fact that these rumours and stories will happen every year.

However, I'm really hoping Cloke can re-sign with the club sooner rather than later. We don't want to have distractions come finals time.
Too true. We get to do this all again next year when Dale Thomas comes out of contract as a restricted free agent.

Can't wait.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I don't have an issue with Travis over last night but it is disappointing to think that we live in an age where some people don't seem to be satisfied earning 3 million over 4 years.

Pendlebury, Swan and Thomas all could have earnt a larger pay packet elsewhere but after negotation accepted the clubs offer knowing what a terrific environment and opportunity the club offers it's players and by accepting less it would also hopefully allow more opportunity to retain key players in the quest to achieve the ultimate success yet again and win the flag.

Travis needs to be aware that teammates have already sacrificed in order to allow the club to retain key players like him and it's his turn to make some sacrifice for the greater good of the side.

Time to sign Travis.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yay, it looks like all the crap has been put into the one bucket.

FWIW, my POV is this.

Trav's stated preference is to stay with the Pies.
He is perfectly entitled to try to get the best deal he can and weigh up his options and he and his management are doing that.

This is a big deal contract. At 25 this contract will see him through his prime years. It's a small window to maximise your earnings because by the time he's 35 he won't be earning anything like this from a salary.

Goodonya Trav, Goodonya Pies. you'll work it out.

Then all the people who've bagged Trav in this thread can get on with cheering for him on the ground.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

The Crowd may be venting tomorrow. It's US against THEM, if you are not with US you become one of THEM.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

^^^

Wouldn't be very clever on our behalf. Last thing this situation needs is for the crowd to turn on Trav
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Deja Vu wrote:^^^

Wouldn't be very clever on our behalf. Last thing this situation needs is for the crowd to turn on Trav
I agree, but going to air last night will incite the minority.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Yes

Post by Hiss »

I standby my story.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

stui magpie wrote:Yay, it looks like all the crap has been put into the one bucket.

FWIW, my POV is this.

Trav's stated preference is to stay with the Pies.
He is perfectly entitled to try to get the best deal he can and weigh up his options and he and his management are doing that.

This is a big deal contract. At 25 this contract will see him through his prime years. It's a small window to maximise your earnings because by the time he's 35 he won't be earning anything like this from a salary.

Goodonya Trav, Goodonya Pies. you'll work it out.

Then all the people who've bagged Trav in this thread can get on with cheering for him on the ground.
FAIR enough mate, but this saga is running as long as the debacle in Canbrah over the asylum seeker stalemate. Negoiations can only go so far, he is really dragging the chain now, its beyond a drag the whole episode. Thats my two bobs worth anyhoo. 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

Any individual is entitled to do what can do to better their own position and if that means leaving the club fill your boots Trav. But don't **** us about. Sign or move on - now! Its line in the sand time.

If he does end up signing, which I think he will, I will be grateful but I will not forget then crap he put the club and its supporters through. If it means we loose another player I will be extremely angry and will never forgive.

Sometimes people need to understand where they are well off and don't bite the hand that feeds them.

I don't normally do this but I've had a gutfull.

Trav - you are a good player (read good not great at the moment). But sign or **** off.

PS: Waters comparison with the Goddard example is enlightening.