#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

swoop42 wrote:If the actual woman in question has no issue with Jordan then why in the hell do some believe they have the right to be morally outraged on her behalf?

It's her body, it's her rules, if she has no problem then people should stop imposing their own morality on the incident or be looking to exploit the situation to push their own agenda in the media.

#justiceforjordan
Exactamundo! Well said swoop.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Is this about the tabloid article and CH7 bullshit sensationalism ?

Get a life people
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And look what it’s done to us Collingwood fans, 18 pages for crying out loud.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ To be fair, about every second post is yours.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ To be fair, about every second post is yours.
Someone has to replace Eddie
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Some people still upset they were proven to be fools in the off season they’ve jumped on any opportunity to lay the boots in yet again.

What’s most remarkable is people will defend the good behaving players who do nothing on the footy field to help Collingwood win games of footy but will stick the boots in to one of our few genuine match winners.

It’s only a matter if time they all turn on Ginny…
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I think we just need to acknowledge that just because a person is a good football player, doesn't mean they have any intelligence.

I'll be extremely disappointed if JDG has stepped out of line again. I haven't seen any of the news, only heard a few eagles fans chirping about it.... they're not easy to find at the moment either.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

burnsy17 wrote:The fact this thread was created in the first place, and several posts exist prior to any incidents, points clearly at the fact that many people suspected he would fork up somewhere on this holiday.

And to those crying that he’s a victim, you don’t see a thread called “Pendles is off to Bali, cross your bloody fingers”, do you?

There’s a reason for that. One is a twat. The other is a proven sporting professional.
'Twat' & 'shyte'... in my top 5 most hated words along with; like, absolutely and Carlton.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 12 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:DeGoey did onothing "wrong", but:
Its dumb to think that if you're an AFL footballer (or any professional sports player) that you won't be under extra scrutiny, especially on the socials.
Its dumb to think that doesn't apply 10-fold if you are a Collingwood player in Melbourne.
Its dumb to think that won't be even worse if you've had a string of indiscressions.
Its dumb to then go to a popular and renowned party location on your break.
And its dumb to party with dumb friends who have smart phones...
yep, it's De Dumb to think...
COLLINGW09D
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

burnsy17 wrote:The fact this thread was created in the first place, and several posts exist prior to any incidents, points clearly at the fact that many people suspected he would fork up somewhere on this holiday.

And to those crying that he’s a victim, you don’t see a thread called “Pendles is off to Bali, cross your bloody fingers”, do you?

There’s a reason for that. One is a twat. The other is a proven sporting professional.
Surprised to see this from you. Not sure what you expect from footballers, as opposed to people. Pretty sure a footy club is made of all sorts, not 22 clones, all perfect like Pendles.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Damien

Post by Damien »

think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:
think positive wrote: I actually Lol!

Well said burnsey,

I’ve no idea what will happen but I’m betting the club are not as forgiving as some of the posters here, wether the club ever admits it if not!
Forgiving of what exactly TP? For being stupid. And yes the youngest 2 of my three kids are boys. Men now actually, 23 and 19. Both are very respectful of women to my knowledge, as am I. But I have made poor judgements at times when I was younger, particularly when on the grog. But I think I’m still a good person. Jordan De Goey probably is too. He also lives in a world that is totally different to mine so I keep an open mind before deciding that he should be banished.

By the way, he’s a match winner. That’s all I care about. They don’t grow on trees so you don’t throw them away.
how many matches could we have won if he put as much into every quarter as Howe, Maynard, Adams, Pendles? hes half arsed too often

and forgiving of putting collingwood in the papers and in the news for the wrong reasons AGAIN!

someone else above mentioned young men, hes only 13.5 years off middle age! when is he intending to grow up?
So you’re saying that he hasn’t given 100% for 100% of the time in the games he’s played For Collingwood?

That’s a big call, made by someone who clearly has never played the game.
The Herald - 1930
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Damien wrote:
think positive wrote:
Damien wrote: Forgiving of what exactly TP? For being stupid. And yes the youngest 2 of my three kids are boys. Men now actually, 23 and 19. Both are very respectful of women to my knowledge, as am I. But I have made poor judgements at times when I was younger, particularly when on the grog. But I think I’m still a good person. Jordan De Goey probably is too. He also lives in a world that is totally different to mine so I keep an open mind before deciding that he should be banished.

By the way, he’s a match winner. That’s all I care about. They don’t grow on trees so you don’t throw them away.
how many matches could we have won if he put as much into every quarter as Howe, Maynard, Adams, Pendles? hes half arsed too often

and forgiving of putting collingwood in the papers and in the news for the wrong reasons AGAIN!

someone else above mentioned young men, hes only 13.5 years off middle age! when is he intending to grow up?
So you’re saying that he hasn’t given 100% for 100% of the time in the games he’s played For Collingwood?

That’s a big call, made by someone who clearly has never played the game.
thats exactly what im saying,

i have just been reading comments from ex champions who have played the game, one said hes at about 70% of his talent, and who knows if he will ever apply himself?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Damien

Post by Damien »

Ex-champions who are now payed to make comments in the media.

Don’t defend him, don’t admonish him. Just Let him be him. Let him Play footy at an elite level, which he’s paid to do and when it’s HIS time, do what he wants to do off field as long as he doesn’t break the law (which he didnt). I’m not being naïve, just want him to get a fair Go.
The Herald - 1930
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Exactly. And in any elite sport you'll get a wide range of personalities, ranging from humourless fitness nerds to meathead party boys and everything in-between. Guys in the latter category are already reined in a lot more nowadays than they once were (which is probably for the best), and we could, if we like, try to eradicate them from our club altogether, which would mean turning our backs on some of the best footballers available in favour of a choirboys-only policy. More Ben Brown and Brett Kirk, less Dustin Martin and Dane Swan.

But if our goal is to have the best possible team, win premierships and so on, then I would recommend embracing a diversity of personalities, trying to control what you can (and should) control, and accepting the rest as reflective of the reality of living and working among fellow humans, as we do in all other walks of life.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange