Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is this really the last one?
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

I am all about second chances, problem is Ben is on his 200th chance. Will take a few goods games to convince me he deserves to take one of the kids spots.
^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

I am all about second chances, problem is Ben is on his 200th chance.
Let's remember he isn't the only one at the club on his 200th chance.

so it takes until he's 27 and after 8-9 of league footy fpr the penny to drop does it?
Unfortunately, it does take players a long time to mature ... others on our list prove this point. Unfortunately, by the time the penny drops, a players body has deteriorated and the younger fitter guys have usually passed them by. Unfulfilled potential, no matter how good the player is/was.

Do you really believe that no one got the same talking to last year and the year before and every year at every club on the face of the earth? It's a universal phenomenon and a simple truism. Your definition of "sub-culture" falls prey to this same exceptionalism, but it's good to see you've downgraded the claim from "culture" to "sub-culture". Now just remove that last bit of exceptionalism and we will be left with a few young blokes who hung out together, drank too much and did stupid things - exactly what it is called in every other context at any other time it occurs.
Every organisation, club, group etc has a culture and sub-culture. As you are saying there is some type and degree of this particular sub-culture at every club. Fact is ... we appear to be as bad any club going around

Hopefully others who are more dedicated to the cause, more professional in the way they prepare themselves for an upcoming season and willing to make the sacrifices needed to play there best football throughout the year will be given an opportunity ahead of Johnson.
Agree ... and not just ahead of Johnson but also the others who fail to dedicate themselves to the cause. This message needs to be put to the whole playing group.
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

Piesnchess wrote:
tcnthat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:With all due respect,can anyone honestly see either him or OBree being part of a Collingwood premiership team? Anybody?
Not sure about Johnno, hopefully he has a cracker and solidifies a spot in the side.

But the other guy? Mate if you dont realise the importance of OB, with or without his faults, to our side, you are only demonstrating your ignorance. Bit hard to win games when you dont get to contest for the ball until the half back line. :roll:
Yeah ok mate,but i just get palpitations evertime a really class centreman like Judd,Cousins(tiger)Harvey move onto Obree,as i just think he lacks the skills to go with them. :roll:
So who do you put on the ball feeding out clearances instead of OB? His defensive pressure hasnt been mentioned either, but he is also in our top tacklers pretty consistently.
Black. White. Forever.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

tcnthat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
tcnthat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:With all due respect,can anyone honestly see either him or OBree being part of a Collingwood premiership team? Anybody?
Not sure about Johnno, hopefully he has a cracker and solidifies a spot in the side.

But the other guy? Mate if you dont realise the importance of OB, with or without his faults, to our side, you are only demonstrating your ignorance. Bit hard to win games when you dont get to contest for the ball until the half back line. :roll:
Yeah ok mate,but i just get palpitations evertime a really class centreman like Judd,Cousins(tiger)Harvey move onto Obree,as i just think he lacks the skills to go with them. :roll:
So who do you put on the ball feeding out clearances instead of OB? His defensive pressure hasnt been mentioned either, but he is also in our top tacklers pretty consistently.
In time,young steele sidebottom ? :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pies417

Post by pies417 »

Maybe he is like a Race Horse that needs blinkers... If they AFL let him wear the hat on game Day:)
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

Piesnchess wrote:
tcnthat wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
tcnthat wrote:

In time,young steele sidebottom ? :wink:
Hope you're right!
Black. White. Forever.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

frankiboy wrote:We'd all love a good BJ, fit and firing
Who wouldn't like a good BJ!
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Collingwood 4 eternity

Ben Johnson a reborn Magpie

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

HAL

Post by HAL »

Do you believe in God ?
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Played a cracking match last week over in the West and it was great to see. 2 payed goals and one that was clearly ripped from him and a few possies aswell. Onya Johnno keep up the good work!!!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
nulla

Post by nulla »

Looked as sharp as a tack last week.. the Johnno of old.

Great to see him back, one of my favourites

Hope he proves all those that wanted his scalp wrong when he holds that medallion in the air.

I have already predicted in another thread a great year from both Johnno and an injury free Josh.

Go Pies
I have a lazy eye and I think it is now spreading throughout the rest of my body
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I cant believe how many of our players have a problem with alcohol.....

Doesnt anyone else find it disturbing??
Beware the swooping Magpie.
the seer

Post by the seer »

No
Carlton - cheating, fixing, tanking, whoring since 1864
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

burnsy17 wrote:I cant believe how many of our players have a problem with alcohol.....

Doesnt anyone else find it disturbing??
if these guys weren't footballers would we really care?

i can't help but think his suspension in late 2007 also had an effect on his lack of enjoyment.

i really hope he has a good year.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.