#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

Great time to rest the kid.

Give him the week off and bring him back for the Eagles game.

Good move.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

jatsad wrote:
thompsoc wrote:He needs a kick up his rear end.
Crap disposal and not hard enough.
It should make him stronger for next year.
Work harder De Goey!!!!
You make me laugh. 2nd year player being asked to play out of position due to circumstances and you're happy.

You probably don't even mind Blair in the team.

That says it all.
Do you work in comedy????
Me like Blair!!!
That is so funny!
Have you read any of my posts since probably 2012?
JDG is a crap kick under pressure.
A set shot and he is ok.
Kicking doesn't improve much with age.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Jordan will improve; the other one will only continue to regress and list-clog.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I just don't see any elite traits in the kid, sure he's hard at it but you don't have to use a prime pick to find his type, he isn't quick, he fumbles, he has slow reaction times and he isn't a great disposer, almost all his possessions are rushed and under pressure, doesn't look to be a good contested mark either, as I said I think he'll carve out a decent career but we'll regret using pick 5 on him, hope he proves me wrong but players like Selwood-Pendles-Beams-Sidders were all well in front of him at the same stage even if their stats are similar.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E

Post by E »

Bob Sugar wrote:I just don't see any elite traits in the kid, sure he's hard at it but you don't have to use a prime pick to find his type, he isn't quick, he fumbles, he has slow reaction times and he isn't a great disposer, almost all his possessions are rushed and under pressure, doesn't look to be a good contested mark either, as I said I think he'll carve out a decent career but we'll regret using pick 5 on him, hope he proves me wrong but players like Selwood-Pendles-Beams-Sidders were all well in front of him at the same stage even if their stats are similar.
you don't watch closely enough Bob, its always been your problem.

take a look at some of the best goals of the season and see who had an important, classy, but unnoticed possession.

Let's look at the game against Adelaide. Remember the Adams goal? Go look at who made that possible through clean hands and fast disposal.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a gun!!!!!

I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

De Goey, Aish and Adams!!!! Superstarss of the future.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Entirely brought the situation on himself. Started the preseason like a house on fire. Played through the midfield about 30 percent of the time I'm guessing and then mostly playing around the half forward line. Then as the midfield wasn't clicking, he gradually spent less and less time in the middle to a point where he was predominately a forward rather than a medium mid/half forward. So he really found himself without any competition for his spot early on, whereas now he has guys like Aish who can play forward and through the middle of the ground. So when the team was chosen it would have come down to a choice between not playing one of De Goey, Fasolo or Blair. So not difficult to understand why he was dropped and why it took this long into the season to make the decision. None of this detracts away from De Goey being a gun midfielder going forward. Despite what people here have said about Beams, it took Beams about 3-4 seasons to get going, about what it will take De Goey. It's just that we were deceived about De Goey's preseason form and were expecting too much.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Bob Sugar wrote:I just don't see any elite traits in the kid, sure he's hard at it but you don't have to use a prime pick to find his type, he isn't quick, he fumbles, he has slow reaction times and he isn't a great disposer, almost all his possessions are rushed and under pressure, doesn't look to be a good contested mark either, as I said I think he'll carve out a decent career but we'll regret using pick 5 on him, hope he proves me wrong but players like Selwood-Pendles-Beams-Sidders were all well in front of him at the same stage even if their stats are similar.
I am with you bob.
He will be a good player, no doubt.
But the question is.... will he be elite????
I don't like his kicking under pressure
I really dislike how he constantly fumbles
And he hasn't much pace.
Like bob I hope I am wrong.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:

take a look at some of the best goals of the season and see who had an important, classy, but unnoticed possession.

Let's look at the game against Adelaide. Remember the Adams goal? Go look at who made that possible through clean hands and fast disposal.

I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

I'm with you E.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

RudeBoy wrote:
E wrote:

I'm with you E.
I'll add to the crowd on this bandwagon
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Well selected again Suckley; what's your next genius move?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
makri

Post by makri »

E wrote: I coined the name E back in the late 00's because I couldn't get anyone to believe me that we had Elite Midfielders in Pendles, Swan and Thomas coming through. I feel like we are there again.

Pendle's and Thomas's class and efficiency of their disposal was evident from almost day one. Throw in Swan's work rate and protection he provided to the other two the signs were there from early on that they were going to be a very good combination together.

I don't see that De Goey, Aish and Adams. I think Aish has improved significantly over the last 6 weeks and Adams is as tough as nails. But all three are constantly let down by average disposal.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

piedys wrote:Well selected again Suckley; what's your next genius move?
Apart from the total lack of respect and total lack of class with that post, what selection issues do you believe caused us to lose the game?
kill for collingwood!
woftam

Post by woftam »

E wrote:

Good call.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Thirded.
Get back on top.