Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Marvelos wrote:Considering our centre bounce clearance problems we probably should start there, costing us 5 goals a game IMO, I’m not sure who to target though.
We've been floating Taranto's name around, but can't get into a bidding war with Bitchmond [not sure how they have surplus cap space either...].

If Josh Kelly has signed a long term contract with GWS, then target Hopper.

The next salvageable player, would be the remaining Crouch brother at Crows; whatever his faults may be - McFly can fix them.

Gee, I would have killed for Keays to come to us instead of the Crows 2 years back, after he couldn't get a game at Brisbane. We'd have a hand on the cup already....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Talking to the garden gnome Neil Mitchell on radio yesterday, Tony Shaw virtually confirmed that Weidemann is definitely coming to the Magpies, its on, he said, and ive heard that from other sources too, as he cannot get games at the Deeees. Make of it what you will.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Piesnchess wrote:Talking to the garden gnome Neil Mitchell on radio yesterday, Tony Shaw virtually confirmed that Weidemann is definitely coming to the Magpies, its on, he said, and ive heard that from other sources too, as he cannot get games at the Deeees. Make of it what you will.
Jeez, he doesn't excite me at all....nor does McStay. Sounds like the club has no faith in Kreuger. What we need is a big full back and another powerful midfielder.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

mcstay can mark and hes tall at 600K is he a decent back?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Yes, we need to target another tough, big -bodied inside mid. Clearances are the main issue that we need to resolve.
As others have mentioned, if we are going to bring in McStay, it will be as another tall defender as Jez won't be around forever, and McStay is a completely ready to go AFL level player.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Talking to the garden gnome Neil Mitchell on radio yesterday, Tony Shaw virtually confirmed that Weidemann is definitely coming to the Magpies, its on, he said, and ive heard that from other sources too, as he cannot get games at the Deeees. Make of it what you will.
Jeez, he doesn't excite me at all....nor does McStay. Sounds like the club has no faith in Kreuger. What we need is a big full back and another powerful midfielder.
Neither McStay or Weideman seem to make sense to me.

What chance of Weideman playing Key Back?

I'm impressed with Rory Lobb's game today.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:mcstay can mark and hes tall at 600K is he a decent back?
He apparently started his career as a back when Leppa was coaching Brisbane.

We have to want him to play full back, as a key forward he offers less than a cardboard cutout of Lockett.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
gobbles21

Post by gobbles21 »

Pies2016 wrote:
gobbles21 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Not sure if 2022 was on track to be Rougheads last year or not but I doubt if Roughys contract would have been that much less than the alleged McStay numbers anyway. And if Roughy did finish prematurely, then there would be an unforeseen amount left to go around also.
Roughead wasn’t even close to being on $600k
Hitchhiker

Post by Hitchhiker »

ok, so Roughead may have come across cheaply in 2018, but he became a key part of the Pies defensive structure, it seems reasonable to assume his subsequent contract was a significant upgrade
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Sam Glover from our VFL team deserves to be drafted by the Pies in this year's draft- could eventually fill a defensive hole.

McStay would be a very solid full back and would release Moore to centre Half back with Murphy and Howe as other defensive options who play tall and small.

I fail to see what Sam Weideman brings to the club given we will have: Henry, Mihocek, Johnson, Kreuger, Cox, Cameron, De Goey, Ginnivan, McMahon, Kelly, McCreery already on the list.

Keep De Goey and bring in Taranto and McStay.

If we win it this year, Sidey and Howe may retire giving us some salary cap relief.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

My knowledge of Taranto stems from my gambling, same game multi’s especially, he has let me down so many times, be it 25 disposals or goal kicker, if we swap him for De Goey we’re getting fisted.

De Goey has Martin like potential.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Anybody who is against the recruitment of McStay should have been watching the Brisbane - Carlton game today. He plays on the opposition best tall defender. If he doesn’t mark it he brings it to ground. When the game was in the balance in the last quarter it was a handball from McStay that kicked the winning Brisbane goal. Stats don’t reveal the true picture of his worth.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

McStay would be fine if the price is right and we can keep De Goey
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

The marketplace determines the price.
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

I just saw highlights of McStays game today looked ok? Anybody see his whole game?
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!