#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Lets get all nightclubs to have CCTV with HD live streaming so people too old to go there can see what happens and have the joy of being offended constantly
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

stui magpie wrote:Lets get all nightclubs to have CCTV with HD live streaming so people too old to go there can see what happens and have the joy of being offended constantly
Some people here would die from the outrage.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Mark ‘Righteous’ Robinson… what a joke. So pleased about this outcome. It’s a victory for common sense.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:I reckon you're a legend TP. I understand your position on all of this, and part of me agrees with you. I guess my main frustration is the way, at the end of the day, despite all the high moral ground taken by sections of the media, AFL as well as our club, it's really just about money. The AFL and the CFC are concerned at damage to their 'brand'. They don't give a rats arse about sexism, mysogyny, racism, homelessness or anything else, unless it effects their bottom line.

If the people running our game, including the media, were really concerned with public decency and good community values they would ban gambling advertisements from our game. Furthermore, the pissheads, potheads and cokeheads in the media and at AFL headquarters, would subject themselves to the same scrutiny and standards they deem fit to impose on footballers.

Anyway, that's my rant. I aint got nothin more to say on this matter.
oh i definitely agree with all that! the mighty dollar rules!! cheers mate

have a crossaint for me!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

schuey07 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Lets get all nightclubs to have CCTV with HD live streaming so people too old to go there can see what happens and have the joy of being offended constantly
Some people here would die from the outrage.
only if they CHOOSE to watch
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

PyreneesPie wrote:Apparently a 'woke" image/brand is the most important element of a football club these days, far more significant than standing by your players and letting those who bully them know, that it's not on.

"Side by side" is no more and I will never sing that line of the club song again. .
you will win we win the flag next year :)
RockabyDaisy

Post by RockabyDaisy »

PyreneesPie wrote:Apparently a 'woke" image/brand is the most important element of a football club these days, far more significant than standing by your players and letting those who bully them know, that it's not on.

"Side by side" is no more and I will never sing that line of the club song again. .
Pretty extreme reaction based on 1 action from the club that you disagree with.

Are you also going to barrack for Geelong now?
Collingwood FOREVER.
There is more to Football than life.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If Jordan declares he is available for selection this week then selecting him to play it exactly what our club must do.

Hell we should all demand it.

While I don't agree with the extra sanctions handed to de Goey yesterday, they've now occurred, the perpetually outraged should have been sated, the commercial partners satisfied with the "optics" delivered.

Now it's time for the club to get behind our player, get him back on the horse this week in front of a supportive home crowd and not allow the Collingwood haters a complete victory.

He's been punished enough, anything more is just punishing the whole team and more importantly the people who keep the lights on which isn't any corporate partner or media platform, it's us the members and supporters of the Collingwood Football Club.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Excuse me, but I don't deserve to be labelled "perpetually outraged" to believe that De Goey undertook a stageringly dumb series of actions.

For another footballer without his track record, the reaction would of course be more muted - but he does have that track record.

And I agree - he's been punished appropriately (noting that its "again) and we should all now move on.
think positive

Post by think positive »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Excuse me, but I don't deserve to be labelled "perpetually outraged" to believe that De Goey undertook a stageringly dumb series of actions.

For another footballer without his track record, the reaction would of course be more muted - but he does have that track record.

And I agree - he's been punished appropriately (noting that its "again) and we should all now move on.

Yep the track record matters here

Personally I think he got off lightly, hopefully the scare tactics work, he should kick a bag!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

This happened a week ago and still seems to dominate AFL -media-social pages(Face Book)

It happened-it’s done so let’s put it to bed and move on FGS
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Any idea when Jordie Goes to Bali movie premiere,s in Melbourne
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I think we are glossing over the fact it’s now reported he has ADHD and that is partially responsible for his impulsive actions
It’s my understanding now the club has previously arranged assistance for Jordan and the reports they had received back were very positive in his progress
Hence why there was permission given to his Bali trip
I think the issues begin when he is taken out of his structured environment (training recovery playing) and doesn’t have a responsible person saying hey listen up this isn’t the right way to go
His brother in law is his manager and from reports is a wannabe party boy as well.
Jordan would be better served by hiring a well credentialed management group to advise and assist him on all this in and around and away from football
I think the clubs handling was spot on
He didn’t do anything illegal and honestly it was barely immoral really.
The young lady in question has publicly declared she wasn’t offended or felt badly from it
The club are on silly aware of his personal mental health but when the media blow up a little 20 second video to basically be a international crime against humanity the club had to react some how
The AFL signed off on the punishment as well
But the bottom line is Jordan needs to surround himself with people who care about Jordan the person not just Jordan the player who could make millions on his next contract
I hope he plays this weekend and plays well
Return of the baldfacts

Post by Return of the baldfacts »

Hopefully Jordy plays this week and gets the 10 AFL coaches votes for the match.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Return of the baldfacts wrote:Hopefully Jordy plays this week and gets the 10 AFL coaches votes for the match.
-2 for the hand tatts -1 for not celebrating like jack and his pearly whites