#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Medieval

Post by Medieval »

think positive wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Excuse me, but I don't deserve to be labelled "perpetually outraged" to believe that De Goey undertook a stageringly dumb series of actions.

For another footballer without his track record, the reaction would of course be more muted - but he does have that track record.

And I agree - he's been punished appropriately (noting that its "again) and we should all now move on.

Yep the track record matters here

Personally I think he got off lightly, hopefully the scare tactics work, he should kick a bag!
A bag? You're thinking of Bailey Sniff. We play GWS this week, not the tin-rattlers.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

I'm glad there there were no mobiles back in my clubbing days. My dancing alone was a crime.

In any case, you know it's the usual industry grifters getting worried that we're building serious momentum and team spirit. Nope, we don't need to shut up shop. We need to laugh more. The talent and spirit of this team, including and indeed because of these lads, makes the whole thing ten times better.

The only bad to come of this will be if we slip back into old ways and spoil the fun by choking the life out of our talent again, scaring off anyone with a bit of an edge. Let 'em enjoy themselves and generate the good vibes.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:I'm glad there there were no mobiles back in my clubbing days. My dancing alone was a crime.

In any case, you know it's the usual industry grifters getting worried that we're building serious momentum and team spirit. Nope, we don't need to shut up shop. We need to laugh more. The talent and spirit of this team, including and indeed because of these lads, makes the whole thing ten times better.

The only bad to come of this will be if we slip back into old ways and spoil the fun by choking the life out of our talent again, scaring off anyone with a bit of an edge. Let 'em enjoy themselves and generate the good vibes.
its all good until they end up in Rykers!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
sem

Post by sem »

The name of the person is Jordan and it seems the name of the footballer
is de GOEY .

I believe the public treatment Jordan is getting by the media is disgusting .

I believe the personnel pressure and state of his mind now is not worth a career as an AFL player .

Jordan the human being is more important than DE GOEY the footballer .

If he continues to play the media and opposition players and supporters will not let him forget .

If he chooses to leave the Collingwood Football Club he will get the " treatment from the Collingwood supporters .

So is there anyone here who would like to live the life he is leading .

The easy thing to say is he should " pull his head in " well he might find that difficult .

He is a human being not a robot .

i hope he retires now and goes overseas and enjoys the rest of his life .

So then the sick salivating media and public can find another way to ruin a human beings life
THERE IS NO SHADING IT IS AS PLAIN AS BLACK AND WHITE THAT THERE IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Well what a mummer's farce this entire incident has turned into, Everest out of a molehill, for shame!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

RockabyDaisy wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Apparently a 'woke" image/brand is the most important element of a football club these days, far more significant than standing by your players and letting those who bully them know, that it's not on.

"Side by side" is no more and I will never sing that line of the club song again. .
Pretty extreme reaction based on 1 action from the club that you disagree with.

Are you also going to barrack for Geelong now?
The person says he/she won’t sing one line. Is that really an extreme reaction? It’s one line they don’t believe in anymore.
SideBySide went with Ed anyway. It is no more.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m hearing he’s asked the club for indefinite leave. I don’t blame him.

Imagine if players like, oh I don’t know, Bailey Smith and Steven May stood up for Jordy and spoke about the mental pressures of media/public scrutiny, and that Jordy did a lot less than they did. All I’m seeing are ex-players like Fevola whinging it’s unfair he got punished but Jordy hasn’t.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m hearing he’s asked the club for indefinite leave. I don’t blame him.

Imagine if players like, oh I don’t know, Bailey Smith and Steven May stood up for Jordy and spoke about the mental pressures of media/public scrutiny, and that Jordy did a lot less than they did. All I’m seeing are ex-players like Fevola whinging it’s unfair he got punished but Jordy hasn’t.
Well,that’s unfortunate news,if true.It almost certainly spells the end of our season if DeGoey is out indefinitely.
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Saw on the news he's not playing this Sunday. Hasn't been to training or showed up to do his video apology.

Apparently he's doing it really hard, the penny it seems has dropped and it's all a lot overwhelming.

No matter how good your self esteem is, the public pile on for what was some consensual fun (albeit dumb) has to have an adverse impact.

For the person, I hope he comes out of this stronger and better, not broken.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jack Watts to his credit spoke candidly and empathised with Jordy.

End of the day it was only public because the media only thought of their own profits, and not the wider repercussions.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

personal leave for De Goey7

Post by orie »

Club has said that De Goey is taking personal leave and will not play this weekend..
Fair enough. Talk about being hounded. Another THREE pages in the Sun today..

Congratulations to the Media fora job well done .. :x
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Jack Watts to his credit spoke candidly and empathised with Jordy.

End of the day it was only public because the media only thought of their own profits, and not the wider repercussions.
Oh FFS. No. He’s a grown man who already has behavioural problems AB’s clearly in his last chance. How much of a moron do you have to be? Of course the media will jump on it, is their job. Absolutely no sympathy for the bloke.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m bitterly disappointed the club didn’t push back against this week’s media coverage, particularly the bullshit about Ginnivan and IQ. What dirt on us does the media have that they threaten to expose if we go hard at them for their paparazzi fake news crap? Jordy was unprofessional and he’s paid a high price for it, but he has good people around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just angry and wants to tell the AFL and media to eff off, he did nothing illegal. What he did in Bali was Unprofessional, sure, but it wasn’t illegal and the media reaction should be in proportion.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m bitterly disappointed the club didn’t push back against this week’s media coverage, particularly the bullshit about Ginnivan and IQ. What dirt on us does the media have that they threaten to expose if we go hard at them for their paparazzi fake news crap? Jordy was unprofessional and he’s paid a high price for it, but he has good people around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just angry and wants to tell the AFL and media to eff off, he did nothing illegal. What he did in Bali was Unprofessional, sure, but it wasn’t illegal and the media reaction should be in proportion.
This is what you get in a woke world.
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Jack Watts to his credit spoke candidly and empathised with Jordy.

Think about how many hours you've blown reading and posting about it since the story broke and then have a think about why the media chases stories like this.