#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Big T wrote:Every single person still.slamming de goey after having had time to take it all in, and especially a few people who should know.better on this site, r blatant hypocrites.

Ever grabbed your husband's ass? Or given the finger to someone?

You r hypocrites and u know it and if u continue now to bash one of our own, simply not collingwood supporters.

Time to pull your heads in and look.our for our own.
+1

Fined, hounded for “making crude gestures at a nightclub”. FFS.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he just gives the game away. Wouldn’t blame him. Treated differently to the rest of us.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Big T wrote:Every single person still.slamming de goey after having had time to take it all in, and especially a few people who should know.better on this site, r blatant hypocrites.

You r hypocrites and u know it and if u continue now to bash one of our own, simply not collingwood supporters.

Agree it is not really fair, but bottom line is he is not playing this weekend because of his bad choices, despite many warnings.
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

If we take backward step, look at what he’s done (that we can see) on this Bali trip, it really amounts to very little. It’s the before and after that pose the issue for the club. Allowing him to go and taking the risk of it blowing up, then Jordan not arriving back on time for training. These are internal Collingwood issues & I think both were wrong. After such great momentum we now don’t know when he will be back, and the longer his leave goes, the more speculation grows.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

didick wrote:

+1

Fined, hounded for “making crude gestures at a nightclub”. FFS.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he just gives the game away. Wouldn’t blame him. Treated differently to the rest of us.
Acts differently than the rest of us. I very don’t have a rap sheet like his

He bought it all on himself.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies2016 wrote:Approx 720 AFL players took time away from their club during the bye rounds …….. just saying
yup.

Also Meredith well put, his own bad choices.
Last edited by think positive on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Haff wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Jack Watts to his credit spoke candidly and empathised with Jordy.

End of the day it was only public because the media only thought of their own profits, and not the wider repercussions.
Oh FFS. No. He’s a grown man who already has behavioural problems AB’s clearly in his last chance. How much of a moron do you have to be? Of course the media will jump on it, is their job. Absolutely no sympathy for the bloke.
Totally agree,

it wasn’t the media thinking of their own pockets either, it was the person who uploaded the video

Man, now all of a sudden season over because he needs a break! We survived without him in other games, yes he’s top 22, but he’s one player.and such priorities! Imagine if the club said hey all good, no worries, and he goes out again and it’s worse, and then he’s gone for finals, or completely.

Hopefully the penny has dropped and this is his rock bottom.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Jezza wrote:Hope the media is happy for hounding him out of the game.

Sick of the club being walked all over by the media and perpetually offended.
Agree.
The club should have stood by him instead of caving in to the moral police of the AFL.
Carey, Lyons,Riewoldt, Mooney,etc are disgusting lackeys of the media who were happy to participate in publicly flogging JDG in order to suck up to their AFL paymasters.
Luke Hodge was the one and only among them who refused to join the cowardly bandwagon.
The AFL is only interested in one thing: shoring up its "image" so that one of its main revenue bases, an affluent middle class layer totally besotted by identity politics, is not offended.
As soon as I heard that some Me Too like organisation had weighed into the debate, I knew that the AFL and its media cronies would go for JDG's blood. JDG is guilty of nothing but evident stupidity in allowing this video to be created and then posted. The actual content of the video is harmless. Blaming JDG for this is like blaming smokers for lung cancer rather than the corporate giants who make bonanza profits from pumping out the cigarettes. Like Jezza and PP have expressed, I am really angry and disappointed that the club did not put up a fight and oppose this media lynching.
The corporate giants don’t force people to smoke, it’s a choice they make, just sayin!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m bitterly disappointed the club didn’t push back against this week’s media coverage, particularly the bullshit about Ginnivan and IQ. What dirt on us does the media have that they threaten to expose if we go hard at them for their paparazzi fake news crap? Jordy was unprofessional and he’s paid a high price for it, but he has good people around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just angry and wants to tell the AFL and media to eff off, he did nothing illegal. What he did in Bali was Unprofessional, sure, but it wasn’t illegal and the media reaction should be in proportion.
That’s the first time I have seen you out any responsibility onto Jordan. Yes he was unprofessional.

3rd degree wrote:Personal Leave? Where will be go this time?
I have to say, I did laugh at that!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

If we are invaded by China, I won’t be putting on a uniform and lining up at the recruiting office again to defend the News Corp media that’s for sure! Hope they are all rounded up first! Where is the accountability for the media destroying a decent guys life? They are utter f….. f…lth IMO. Hounding this poor guy like they are some holy righteous judges! When will this bullying stop? The media cause more harm in our society than anything I know. They are manipulative, unaccountable, dishonest, evil. Jordie has done so little wrong and yet they hounded him to the point he has to take personal leave. And it’s about time our gutless Club stood up for this young man against this relentless bullying. We have just let the media turn on him like wild dogs and all we did was conduct piss weak woke press conferences. Let’s counter attack and call out these media cowards for what they are ! What ever happened to traditional Aussie values where you stand up for your mates when they are in strife ?
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies2016 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m bitterly disappointed the club didn’t push back against this week’s media coverage, particularly the bullshit about Ginnivan and IQ. What dirt on us does the media have that they threaten to expose if we go hard at them for their paparazzi fake news crap? Jordy was unprofessional and he’s paid a high price for it, but he has good people around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just angry and wants to tell the AFL and media to eff off, he did nothing illegal. What he did in Bali was Unprofessional, sure, but it wasn’t illegal and the media reaction should be in proportion.
Why would you pick a fight you can’t win. Who do you think would be guaranteed the last word on any push back against the media. You might want the club to take on the press but it’s the club sponsors who pay the bills.
One of the things that made it worse for “ victim”, Jordy was him demonising the press for their role in the first place. When he called out the press, all it did was encourage them to paint an even an worse picture of his antics. Whoever advised him on that Instagram post ( assuming he was advised ) should take some responsibility for where he finds himself now.
What’s done is done. The first thing he needs to do is take stock and surround himself with the right people. He will get through this but he needs to cut himself free from the sycophants and replace them with trusted advisors who are genuinely there for him. It doesn’t get much easier than that for someone who’s serious about redemption.
Perfectly putever since his last contract the smart commentators have said he needs a proper manager, not a yes man
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies2016 wrote:Approx 720 AFL players took time away from their club during the bye rounds …….. just saying
I would definitely claim that JDG would have been among the media's priority targets though.
Anyway, no one denies that he made some very stupid decisions in this instance. Everything would have been OK had he done exactly the same things at the night club, but not permitted it to be filmed, and uploaded.
Stupid, because he would have known that the media vultures were tailgating him, and should not have thrown any rotten carrion for them to swallow.

There are a few posters on here condemning him for his behaviour. As much as you personally might not approve of his behaviour, it is neither unusual nor offensive in the context and among those of his generation. Yet he is being publicly humiliated because of this behaviour.

In reality of course, as others have mentioned, the AFL and the media use the issue of "respect to women" as a smokescreen for their profit interests.

Simply blaming JDG for this is just going along with the flow, and agreeing that young athletes,with prodigious talents, should be allowed to be banished from the game if somehow their behaviour is not in line with the brand image of the AFL.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:
I would definitely claim that JDG would have been among the media's priority targets though.
Anyway, no one denies that he made some very stupid decisions in this instance. Everything would have been OK had he done exactly the same things at the night club, but not permitted it to be filmed, and uploaded.
Stupid, because he would have known that the media vultures were tailgating him, and should not have thrown any rotten carrion for them to swallow.

There are a few posters on here condemning him for his behaviour. As much as you personally might not approve of his behaviour, it is neither unusual nor offensive in the context and among those of his generation. Yet he is being publicly humiliated because of this behaviour.

In reality of course, as others have mentioned, the AFL and the media use the issue of "respect to women" as a smokescreen for their profit interests.

Simply blaming JDG for this is just going along with the flow, and agreeing that young athletes,with prodigious talents, should be allowed to be banished from the game if somehow their behaviour is not in line with the brand image of the AFL.
It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
Robbie

Jordan was a young man having fun!

Post by Robbie »

I know we are supposed to fall in line with the all women are good and most men are bad view of our current understanding however, it isn’t true, as the girl with Jody has stated. The only person taken advantage of was Jordan by the girl’s girlfriend who posted the footage on social media. Jordan does need advice on how to handle himself in public and on social media although that has nothing to do with what he has been portrayed as. The Collingwood Football Club, of which I am a proud member, has proven this new leadership to be wanting when one of our sons needed assistance. Kane Cornes and Slobbo were allowed to spew forth their venom without consequence from the CFC, and that was embarrassing! Throwing our boys under the bus is not the Magpie way, and if this the CFC under Jeff, he should **** off before more damage is done.
Happiness is being a Collingwood Football Club Member! Euphoria is watching the Pies win the Premiership!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

So Jordan is taking personal leave.

Was this his decision or has it been forced upon him?

The answer to that question matters folks.

If it's the latter then it's just another misstep by our club in handling this issue.

Our punishment for Jordan should have started and ended with us taking our contract offer off the table. Our public support of him should have started immediately after.

Where is that support Collingwood?

As it stands now our actions yesterday to increase the punitive measures against him have simply allowed the media vultures to paint his indiscretion in Bali as something serious when it wasn't.

And what of this Bali indiscretion?

Was it anything more than 2 young, fit and attractive people at a nightclub getting drunk, having fun, being flirtatious and enjoying each others company?

In reality the videos only present a small moment in time and provide little context for Jordan's actions contained within.

What we do know is that the woman involved seemingly has no problem with Jordan and why was that?

Was it because she was mutually attracted to him, had they already been intimate together previously, was she squeezing his bum or groin earlier in the night?

Of course that the woman involved quickly came out in support of Jordan and that didn't fit the neat narrative the football media and feminist academics were hoping for they have now decided that they know better than her and will insist she was disrespected.

I call it playing the gender card, it's a card that flies in the face of what I understand true equality should be, it's a card that when played denotes that despite any woman's protest to the contrary in the end she must be protected from herself and can't be trusted to give an honest opinion or make an informed decision because you know she's a woman after all and a man is involved.

The de Goey saga is the perfect example of this whereby men in the name of equality are being educated not to moralise a woman's sexuality (**** shame), that no means no (this should have already been obvious) and yet here we still are with a woman who seemingly had no problem with what Jordan did, hell heaven forbid she might have actually enjoyed his attention, is being told she and by extension all women were disrespected by his actions.

It's a bizarre way of interpreting the meaning of equality for mine, they're effectively stating that women can't possibly be thinking or behaving independently of any man if their conduct doesn't fit the perfect feminist ideal of how a woman should react or they themselves would in that environment.

Some may say Jordan is a dickhead but he's our dickhead and so far Collingwood have only supplied the pegs after he's been hung out to dry.

I expected better.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 237 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
People don't deny De Goey's recklessness and impulsive behaviour, but it's not a punishable offence if he hasn't done anything illegal.

This story should have been finished on Saturday when Remy said there was "nothing to see here", but instead the media upped the ante.

The writing was on the wall last Thursday when the carrying on about him travelling to Bali started. Before he stepped off the plane, the criticism was already starting so the media had a preconceived agenda against him.

His past indiscretions have been dealt with through the courts and by the club. For mine, it's irrelevant to what he was doing recently in the mid-season break. He's guilty for having a good time and letting someone broadcast it over social media, which made the 'optics' look bad.

The media pile on has been extreme. Neither Bailey Smith (using illicit drugs) and Stephen May received this level of scrutiny and backlash from the media.

Using Ginni and IQ to further amplify the JDG story was a disgrace and bordering on defamatory against both individuals. The fact the club didn't come out and pushback strongly against the media's smears is the most upsetting aspect of this saga.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆