#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 239 times

Re: Jordan was a young man having fun!

Post by Jezza »

Robbie wrote:I know we are supposed to fall in line with the all women are good and most men are bad view of our current understanding however, it isn’t true, as the girl with Jody has stated. The only person taken advantage of was Jordan by the girl’s girlfriend who posted the footage on social media. Jordan does need advice on how to handle himself in public and on social media although that has nothing to do with what he has been portrayed as. The Collingwood Football Club, of which I am a proud member, has proven this new leadership to be wanting when one of our sons needed assistance. Kane Cornes and Slobbo were allowed to spew forth their venom without consequence from the CFC, and that was embarrassing! Throwing our boys under the bus is not the Magpie way, and if this the CFC under Jeff, he should **** off before more damage is done.
Watch the hypocrisy and contradictions of Mark Robinson in action. Almost sums up the state of the football media in one clip.

What changed between Friday last week and yesterday?

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/ ... 4531332096
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Re: Jordan was a young man having fun!

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jezza wrote: Watch the hypocrisy and contradictions of Mark Robinson in action. Almost sums up the state of the football media in one clip.

What changed between Friday last week and yesterday?

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/ ... 4531332096
Bloody brilliant! You can take Eddie out of Collingwood, but you can’t take Collingwood out of Eddie.

What changed is how much Robbo was drinking.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^^
Two wonderful summaries by Swoop and Jezza above which I thoroughly agree with.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
Who do I want to blame then?
The media, and AFL, just like i blame the cigarette companies for disseminating a toxic addictive substance and not the smokers.
I also blame the Collingwood club, because so far all we have done as Swoop says is supply the pegs for him to hang out and dry.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

If only we’d had some previous clues that this might happen…
Jezza wrote: People don't deny De Goey's recklessness and impulsive behaviour, but it's not a punishable offence if he hasn't done anything illegal.
There’s a long list of AFL punishments dished out for things that weren’t illegal
Jezza wrote: The writing was on the wall last Thursday when the carrying on about him travelling to Bali started. Before he stepped off the plane, the criticism was already starting so the media had a preconceived agenda against him.
The writing was on the wall before NYC as well, social media was full of comments asking why he was allowed to leave the country when it was still under COVID lockdown

The #1 rule of boxing is to protect yourself at all times. He knew he was ina fight
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

If one was inclined to conspiracy theories you might wonder if it was his idea to take leave, or if it was suggested to him
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Footy Classified was sinking the boot into him too, ol Caro going apeshit, as she does on any thing Collingwood. Lloyd put in his two bobs worth, good on Eddie for taking them both on. Eddie was disgusted at what that old Tory Garden Gnome Neil Mitchell said on his shock jock show, called Jordon a Bali Boofhead, even after learning of his mental illness issues. That old garden gnome is well past his use by date, has loathed the Magpies for decades. So, now hes on personal leave, after being hounded like hes some kind of rapist on the loose, by the media, MSM, and the Murdoch HUN rag. Im not surprised, i just hope the Club now gives him full support and wraps their arms around him, i hope he makes a full recovery, comes back and kicks bags of goals.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
People don't deny De Goey's recklessness and impulsive behaviour, but it's not a punishable offence if he hasn't done anything illegal.

This story should have been finished on Saturday when Remy said there was "nothing to see here", but instead the media upped the ante.

The writing was on the wall last Thursday when the carrying on about him travelling to Bali started. Before he stepped off the plane, the criticism was already starting so the media had a preconceived agenda against him.

His past indiscretions have been dealt with through the courts and by the club. For mine, it's irrelevant to what he was doing recently in the mid-season break. He's guilty for having a good time and letting someone broadcast it over social media, which made the 'optics' look bad.

The media pile on has been extreme. Neither Bailey Smith (using illicit drugs) and Stephen May received this level of scrutiny and backlash from the media.

Using Ginni and IQ to further amplify the JDG story was a disgrace and bordering on defamatory against both individuals. The fact the club didn't come out and pushback strongly against the media's smears is the most upsetting aspect of this saga.

Yep, bloody spot on, the Club has been as weak as cats piss on this. i have followed the Magpies for nigh on 60 yrs, and i tell you this, we are treated very differently to every other club, by the media and MSM, Murdoch media, and have been so for decades, with any whiff of a scandal, other clubs get hit with a wet kleenex tissue, we get hit with a sledgehammer. ONE rule some, ONE rule for us, and the twain it has always been, folks. :? :o :o :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Magpietothemax wrote:^^
I agree. Thanks Swoop and Jezza for your succinct and spot on analyses. I am bitterly disappointed in our club.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's been suggested by some that our club is now preparing to off-load JDG after this season. If the club did decide to move JDG on, it would be a public admission of the failures and incompetence of our club, in its inability to nurture, develop and protect such an incredible talent as Jordy. Getting rid of Heater set us back 5 yrs imo. All football clubs are full of alpha males, rough diamonds and more than a few dickheads. FFS, he's been one of our few genuine big game match-winners for 6 or so years. I hope, but do not expect, that our club is not stupid enough to off-load such a champion.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Side by Side, is a croc of shit now, IMHO.

daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

RudeBoy wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:^^
I agree. Thanks Swoop and Jezza for your succinct and spot on analyses. I am bitterly disappointed in our club.
My thoughts too. I expected our club to stand up for our players.
go pies
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

People keep saying the club should have stood up for him but surely nobody thinks the AFL didn’t have a say on how this would play out. The AFL would have wanted a head on a stick. I’d suggest behind the scenes, the club would have worked with with the AFL to achieve some sort of common ground.

Earlier in this thread, I posed the question, if we don’t do something different now, just how many more chances are we prepared to give him to continue to distract the club from focussing on it’s priorities and channeling its resources correctly. We’re talking about someone who hasn’t even committed a crime, yet look at the circus it’s created. You can be as damning of the club as you please but I’m sure that will all be forgotten when we eventually have a media frenzy free season and eventually show our full capabilities and potential in September. Doesn’t look like that will be 2022 but there’s always next year.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

It’s 2022. I think we need to stop living in the 80s.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Time for accusations over

Time for healing now and whether Jordan stays on or leaves irrespective of everyone’s personal opinion let’s hope this human being finds a better future
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right