What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

I read hoot as hot!

Love all those movies, oh my Beautiful Bruce, his latest Instagram post breaks my heart …. Those dreams are never coming true are they?

Toy soldiers is excellent,

Love love love first blood, all except one of them still watchable!

Dave for the once great Nick cage, it just has to be the hot hot hot hot hot. Conair! Oh I love that movie, and Angelina is amazing in gone in 60 sec with him! Love the rock too, face of is bizarre but fun!

I’ll check out the Defoe one, brilliant actor.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Slight change of pace, looking for something to watch for an hour, spotted a short doco on Netflix titled "being poor in the wealthiest country in the world" which was about working poor in the USA. Quite interesting and well done.

It was made by some French company and they kept comparing conditions to those in Europe. Things like people who missed 1 rent payment by a couple of days being forcibly evicted within weeks and then being black marked for life on getting another rental.

Bunch of people living in their cars in So Cal on a vacant lot. The owner didn't charge for parking there and even had a fence around it and a gate that was locked at night for their safety. Some volunteers and built an outdoor communal kitchen area for them. Most of these people had jobs, but didn't earn enough to afford rent. One woman had joined a Gym to get access to a shower.

Then there was The Appalachians, where sonething like 50% of the people relied on food stamps to eat. (The food stamps are in the form of a cashless debit card that can be used at supermarkets which the Government puts money on ever month)

Some of the scenery was familiar, hordes of people "camping" along naturestrips or footpaths, I'd seen that in Santa Monica.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The man who shot Liberty valance. best movie of all time.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

American Underdog.

Stars Zachery Levi, the guy who plays Shazam.

Nice feelgood movie.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

stui magpie wrote:The man who shot Liberty valance. best movie of all time.
Not best for me but it's a ripper. Might be the first film you have listed that I like.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

I'll take that. Watching Equaliser 2 tonight, do you like that?
roar

Post by roar »

I was being a bit facetious, there'd be more than one - I like the first Die Hard, too - but The Equalizer isn't on list.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

If you haven't seen it, the first one is really good. Very slow burn. The second is pretty good.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Commando. 85 flick starring Arnie

Fun fact, the bad guy in the movie with the chainmail singlet is an Aussie actor named Vernon Wells.

The house I moved into in Camberwell in 86 had been previously occupied by Wells, I got one of his royalty cheques in the mail. It wasn't enough to buy a packet of smokes in 1986 so I just kept it as a souvenir.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Watched a doco on Oppenheimer on Prime last night. It was 80 minutes, the movie was 3 hours so I watched the Doco. Also made last year, it was pretty good. Focused on the person rather than the Manhattan project. I enjoyed it.
roar

Post by roar »

Saturday was a good day for films on TV. Firstly, The Ipcress File on SBS World Movies, then later that night, For a Fistful of Dollars on Gem. Both rippers!
kill for collingwood!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
roar

Post by roar »

I was very happy to see a new Cohen Brothers film come out as I love pretty much everything they do. The Beast sounds most interesting, will try and remember it.

Last night: Dirty Harry. Was only going to watch a bit before turning off but ended up watching all of it, again.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Watched Equaliser 3 last night. Not bad, similar in vibe to the first one.

Tonight, a blast from the past. Bloodsport. Bit of JCVD action when he was still good.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Last night I watched Stargate. The original movie that spawned several long running TV spin offs. The Star was The Computer wore tennis shoes/ole Jack Burton/Snake Plisskin himself. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kurt Russell did some bloody good movies in the late 80's through 90's.