#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Big T wrote:
think positive wrote:
It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
So now players will be run out of the game for being "skanky". Man alive...
i just highlighted the bit you chose to ignore

watt price tully wrote:
Nail hit head: exactly right TP. Well said

cheers WPT, i can imagine how much of this shit you see the end result of
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Whatever ones opinion is of what JDG did in Bali, it is beyond comprehension that it has received double the media coverage than Bailey Smith with cocaine and the brawling Melbourne players combined.

I’m with Jordy on this one. The media will one day be responsible for a player taking their own life. The blood will be on their hands.

Time for the AFL to step in and set some parameters around media intrusion and the detrimental affect that it could have on a players well being.
A players salary, fame or privilege of playing AFL should never be an excuse for pack mentality harassment and bullying.
If the woman with Jordy had an issue with what happened then that is a totally different argument. But for the media to be outraged with his actions on her behalf is disgusting and smacks of arrogance. The story should have been finished once she said “nothing to see here”.

Jordy has done some stupid thing along the way but treat each issue on its merits. This imho has been blown way out of proportion especially considering the incidents with other players in the week or two prior.
- Side By Side -
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

slangman wrote:it is beyond comprehension that it has received double the media coverage than Bailey Smith with cocaine and the brawling Melbourne players combined.
Not really - Collingwood sells papers and the Dogs and Demons do not.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Great call W P T regarding his family in law manager. “ Business and family can be a nightmare “. I don’t think this can be overstated enough, particularly when his manager only has one client to earn an income from. Do you reckon his family manager is ever going to tell his meal ticket something he doesn’t want to hear.
DeGoeys history with managers is a story in itself. He’s had three different managers inside of six years in the AFL system. Most AFL players would go through a 10 year career and have had two managers at the very most ( post Ricky Nixon of course ) I’m not criticising DeGoey for the anomaly but I am suggesting he finds it difficult to put his trust in people and by extension, may have difficulty accepting heart felt advice. Sometimes the best advice is what you want to hear the least and that in turn, requires a strong person to deliver it.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

slangman wrote:Whatever ones opinion is of what JDG did in Bali, it is beyond comprehension that it has received double the media coverage than Bailey Smith with cocaine and the brawling Melbourne players combined.

I’m with Jordy on this one. The media will one day be responsible for a player taking their own life. The blood will be on their hands.

Time for the AFL to step in and set some parameters around media intrusion and the detrimental affect that it could have on a players well being.
A players salary, fame or privilege of playing AFL should never be an excuse for pack mentality harassment and bullying.
If the woman with Jordy had an issue with what happened then that is a totally different argument. But for the media to be outraged with his actions on her behalf is disgusting and smacks of arrogance. The story should have been finished once she said “nothing to see here”.

Jordy has done some stupid thing along the way but treat each issue on its merits. This imho has been blown way out of proportion especially considering the incidents with other players in the week or two prior.

This wasn't the paparazzi chasing him to Bali. This was someone from his group of "friends" posting it to social media a public accessible forum.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:

What kind of person exposes a women’s breast in public?
I'm sorry TP, this is going too far. He did not expose her breast in public. Go back to the video footage. She is reclining backwards, laughing, as the mystery forearm moves closer and starts to slowly slide off the top. When she reacts it just as quickly moves away.
As Swoop says, we know nothing of the context. This was two young, fit, consenting adults flirting with each other. The girl herself made this very clear on public media.
Yet the Me Too Brigade are completely disregarding this girl's own wishes for the entire "incident" to be taken off the air waves. Instead, the Me Tooers are brushing aside the girl's own public statement that there was "nothing to see here". They are declaring, on her behalf, that she was disrespected, and JDG has to answer for a gross infraction of female dignity.The AFL enthusiastically participates in the hysteria associated with the Me Too dragnet as part of its brand promotion strategy.
I totally agree with Swoop. The penalty was to take the contract off the table, and then declare publicly that the matter had been dealt with, Jordan understood the inappropriateness and bad judgement of his actions, and the matter was now closed. Instead, we caved in and imposed even greater penalties which, as Jezza explained, then allowed the media to portray the "incident" almost as a crime
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Footy Classified was sinking the boot into him too, ol Caro going apeshit, as she does on any thing Collingwood. Lloyd put in his two bobs worth, good on Eddie for taking them both on. Eddie was disgusted at what that old Tory Garden Gnome Neil Mitchell said on his shock jock show, called Jordon a Bali Boofhead, even after learning of his mental illness issues. That old garden gnome is well past his use by date, has loathed the Magpies for decades. So, now hes on personal leave, after being hounded like hes some kind of rapist on the loose, by the media, MSM, and the Murdoch HUN rag. Im not surprised, i just hope the Club now gives him full support and wraps their arms around him, i hope he makes a full recovery, comes back and kicks bags of goals.
“Even after learning of his mental health issues”.

I said the same for Bailey Smith, and May, don’t use this as an excuse, just own it.

Makes a full recovery from what? From testing the waters with his silly weekend, or things not panning out as he expected?

How about how the rest of the team are feeling? The ones who didn’t go out partying and drinking, or at least didn’t allow themselves to be filmed? Just how many times do you expect them to come together in a group hug for the guy who so often finds negative attention?

Wether he knows her or not, wether she didn’t mind (although pushing his hand away tells me different) do you really think that’s ok behaviour in a public setting? This was in a night club not a private party.

What kind of person exposes a women’s breast in public?

Pretend it’s your son, where is the line?
Pretend it’s your daughter, where is the line?

As for the club ‘pushing him to take personal time’ he hasnt trained, you don’t train you don’t play.

You said earlier no one doesn’t think what he got up to was silly or something like that, but you don’t think he should own any ifit, just take another pill

The club have not trashed him, they said his behaviour was unacceptable and it was, they have withdrawn the contract, s doesn’t mean he can’t earn it back, the fine won’t have to be paid unless he mucks up.

Now you want Eddie back! I love Eddie didn’t want him to go, but man that man can put his leg in his mouth let alone his foot! The quiet closed doors dignity way the club is handling this is perfection. Don’t give them a story.

Actually imagine if no one gave them a story in the first place! How $$%^%%$ good would that be?

No T P, i dont want Eddie back, his time had come, but at least he defended him against old fart Mitchells vile slur, and what about fat boy Robbo, changed his view on it three times in 24 hours. Caro hates our guts, she was salivating over this, getting her rocks off bigtime. The media hates our club, surely you know that. ?? How come the girl involved was fine with it all, could not believe the hoo hah, she was fine iwith it, said it was nothing, if shes ok with it, what the hell is the issue about ?? Ive seen middle aged Cougars in nightclubs, paw all over young blokes, much older woemen, should the young men be offended by that , it cuts both ways. He was perfectly entitled to go to Bali, or Lorne, or Gold Coast, and he broke NO laws, was not sniffing cocaine, wrecking a restaurant with a punch up with a team mate, drunk driving, he broke no law. And if the woman he was with, was fine with it, i really dont see the problem, if she was offended, fair enough, but she wasnt in any way. I know what big troubles with kids are, real troubles, my son was a total heroin addict, nearly killed him, took yrs to get off that shit, but we backed him, now hes recovered in a good job, but it took a long time. Hard drugs are the real problem today, not some nightclub antics that the person had NO issue with at all , anyway. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Why would any opposition player want to come to Collingwood now, knowing your every move is being watched anything you post on social media can be blown out of context and your name dragged through the mud? Not Jordy’s issues, but Jack & IQ.
Maybe ask Jason Horne Francis who also recently copped a whack for posting dumb shit on social media. We need to move on from this “ the press have it in for Collingwood “ mentality. They don’t have it in for Collingwood but they do know a Collingwood story will draw more attention than any other club. Players can’t have it both ways. You can’t play for the biggest club in the land in front of 60,000 plus every second week and not expect some additional scrutiny to come with it. The players know it and the club knows it, so the smart thing to do is to not poke your head above the foxhole and risk having it blown off in the first place.
Yeah Horne-Francis got such a whack by the media, I hadn’t even heard about it. My opinion stands, we get 10x the scrutiny and hysteria.

Damn straight, ive barracked for the Magpies nigh on 60 long long yrs, thick and thin, and the media have always had it in for us, far more than any other club, any slight whiff of scandal, they are onto us like flies on a rib roast at a BBQ. Been going on all my life, make NO mistake bout that. Ol Caro, Robbo, etc been salivating over this all week, another chance to sink the boot in, and into those two young blokes too, doing what young people do nowdays. If the Club had any balls, itd would ban the media from ALL Collingwood players, for rest of the season, NO interviews, nothing, and that goes for Fly too. But we have a President silent as the grave, a weak as cats piss Board of yes men, PC idiots, who let the media ride rough shod over us, and do sweet %$^ all. "Side by Side we stick Together" what a croc of utter shit that is. Croc of shit. This is my last word on this, im done, this has put the Club in disarray, and i doubt we can win this week, after all this maniacal press hysteria. Im done. :x :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

All that angst on the basis of an overgrown man-child game we play to make an otherwise meaningless existence vaguely entertaining. We're not supposed to really, actually mistake footy for something morally important, no matter how much money people throw at it.

The only serious thing about this is the cowardice it takes to throw your own young blokes under a bus to save face over an imaginary infraction manufactured by disingenuous media lowlifes.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

^ This.
Read it three times and agreed with it more each time
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

pietillidie wrote:All that angst on the basis of an overgrown man-child game we play to make an otherwise meaningless existence vaguely entertaining. We're not supposed to really, actually mistake footy for something morally important, no matter how much money people throw at it.

The only serious thing about this is the cowardice it takes to throw your own young blokes under a bus to save face over an imaginary infraction manufactured by disingenuous media lowlifes.
Stands and applauds. 8)
Last edited by RudeBoy on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Yep spot on, me too. Next thing you know, Jordon will be blamed as being the second gunman on the grassy Knoll in Dallas, the day JFK got shot, even though he wasnt even born then. I rest my case.

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I've just been listening to the Coach on SEN. Not much cowardice about him, I didn't think.

Also, this bloke has some good advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjfT1NSRm4
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:I've just been listening to the Coach on SEN. Not much cowardice about him, I didn't think.

Yeh, poor blighter must be wondering what the hell hes got himself into, id say. Never a dull moment at the Magpies, hes learning that real fast now. :shock: :o

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

“Emirates condemns disrespectful behaviour towards women. We are in dialogue with Collingwood Football Club on its response to the incident,” an Emirates spokesperson told The Age.
My brain cannot handle this level or irony.