#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

david975

Post by david975 »

pietillidie wrote:All that angst on the basis of an overgrown man-child game we play to make an otherwise meaningless existence vaguely entertaining. We're not supposed to really, actually mistake footy for something morally important, no matter how much money people throw at it.

The only serious thing about this is the cowardice it takes to throw your own young blokes under a bus to save face over an imaginary infraction manufactured by disingenuous media lowlifes.
This...and especially the last five words.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Big T »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
“Emirates condemns disrespectful behaviour towards women. We are in dialogue with Collingwood Football Club on its response to the incident,” an Emirates spokesperson told The Age.
My brain cannot handle this level or irony.
If we start stoning women that would be ok. Don't get drunk and party with women is clearly the message.
Buon Giorno
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Big T »

And the laughable thing is, we can't use any of our money for getting more premierships. So to be honest, if we struggle financially cos we lose a sponsor, it's shit clubs like St Kilda that get less equalization funds.

So to he honest, who cares. Soft and hard cap has meant we don't succeed with extra money anyway.
Buon Giorno
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

One last thing.
If the young women with Jordan came out & said the opposite of what she said (nothing to see here), how many tv,radio stations & newspapers would have offered her $$$ for ‘an exclusive’? She would be everywhere.
But not one media outlet has gotten her on to tell what happened & was SHE offended in anyway.

Think Positive
The question you should be asking is not what kind of person exposes someones breast (which he didn’t) but why did the young women allow it?
Maybe it didn’t bother her as much as it bothers others.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 239 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:It’s not just this trip though, it’s the sum of his behaviour since 2017 and the frisbee lies.

His behaviour was skanky, I don’t care if everyone acts like that, if they do they are all skanky!

Simply blaming JDG, who do you want to blame then? He knew he was being filmed, he didn’t try to stop it. He knows he’s a news story, hell NYC should have taught him that, the club probably set out expected standards, yet he still played it up for the camera. He not a victim here. The club has fired warning shots that’s all, there is no real punishment, they have just had enough. All he had to say was ‘I got drunk on my break, I was disrespectful, I’m sorry. “
People don't deny De Goey's recklessness and impulsive behaviour, but it's not a punishable offence if he hasn't done anything illegal.

This story should have been finished on Saturday when Remy said there was "nothing to see here", but instead the media upped the ante.

The writing was on the wall last Thursday when the carrying on about him travelling to Bali started. Before he stepped off the plane, the criticism was already starting so the media had a preconceived agenda against him.

His past indiscretions have been dealt with through the courts and by the club. For mine, it's irrelevant to what he was doing recently in the mid-season break. He's guilty for having a good time and letting someone broadcast it over social media, which made the 'optics' look bad.

The media pile on has been extreme. Neither Bailey Smith (using illicit drugs) and Stephen May received this level of scrutiny and backlash from the media.

Using Ginni and IQ to further amplify the JDG story was a disgrace and bordering on defamatory against both individuals. The fact the club didn't come out and pushback strongly against the media's smears is the most upsetting aspect of this saga.
Exactly. The woman involved has said "Nothing to see here" yet he's been accused of disrespecting women based on a few 20 second videos with no context. That has been continually ignored.

We see videos of them dancing, drinking, her riding his back , basically partying. We have no context of the leadup to her laying on her back when a hand tugged her top, we have no context of what happened next.

The woman involved is an adult, seemingly a confident one, and capable of making her own decision on whether she felt disrespected and she clearly didn't.

As far as daughters go, I would trust my daughter that if that was her in the video and she felt disrespected she would have punched him right in the mouth, got up and left. If she told me she was fine and there was nothing to see here, I would believe her.

People insisting that his actions were disrespectful are actually disrespecting her, the person who was there for the whole time, based on a short video with no context.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by What'sinaname »

scoobydoo wrote:One last thing.
If the young women with Jordan came out & said the opposite of what she said (nothing to see here), how many tv,radio stations & newspapers would have offered her $$$ for ‘an exclusive’? She would be everywhere.
But not one media outlet has gotten her on to tell what happened & was SHE offended in anyway.
Well said. Instead they got all of the people outraged on her behalf to speak.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

scoobydoo wrote:One last thing.

Think Positive
The question you should be asking is not what kind of person exposes someones breast (which he didn’t) but why did the young women allow it?
Maybe it didn’t bother her as much as it bothers others.
He tried to.
She didn’t allow it she stopped him
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
slangman wrote:it is beyond comprehension that it has received double the media coverage than Bailey Smith with cocaine and the brawling Melbourne players combined.
Not really - Collingwood sells papers and the Dogs and Demons do not.
The media hounding and harassing a player just to sell extra papers….an absolute DOG act and and says a lot about them as human beings.
No regard or respect shown to another person that has not done anything illegal whilst doing the best to destroy, YES bloody destroy, a person just to sell some papers.
Something needs to be done to reel in the vitriolic behaviour by some media outlets and it needs to happen fast.
Check how many players liked his post. It is a serious issue and it’s coming to a head.
Unlike yesteryear where the footy media wasn’t 24/7 and if players got a whack it was usually for a few days in two or three papers and maybe in a news bulletin, this current generation of players have to endure constant and unrelenting scrutiny which has permeated into their private lives.
It is not acceptable.

I agree 100% with De Goeys comment about it only being time before a player succumbs to the gutter rat opinionated scrutiny that has become footy “journalism”.
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:Fly is a class act.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1012610
Thanks for link Jezza.
I agree, he will back his players.
I was very sure from the start that Fly would not have played any role in our decision to raise the white flag to the media. That was a board level decision.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:

He tried to.
She didn’t allow it she stopped him
Again, absolutely no evidence for this. If he had really intended to, he could have ripped her top off in a split second. She was lying back, laughing. She then reacted, to express her desire for him to stop, which he did. There is just no basis whatsoever to form any such judgement based on this snippet, as others have said, a few seconds torn out of any context. To make any accusations against JDG, based on the "evidence" in that video is totally illegitimate, for these reasons alone. But even more so, since the girl in question announced to the world that she could not understand the media response, that there was nothing to see there, and she herself took no offence.

I am not going to comment any further on this issue, because I find myself just constantly repeating the same thing.
I am just saddened that the entire Collingwood fanbase has not risen up in a unified groundswell to oppose as one this hysterical campaign orchestrated by the media, in conjunction with Me too and the AFL.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

SPOT ON, 150%, agreed, too many bloody woke soft cocks on here and amongst our own fans elsewhere. If the Board had any balls, not be a bunch of lily livered soft cocks, they should ban the media from interviewing any Collingwood player, or Fly, for the duration of the season. Dont these soft cocks here realise the mass media take great delight in us suffering and would love to ruin our Club, destroy any chance for the Finals ?? Dorks like Lyon, Caro, Robbo, Mooney, Riewoltd, etc all total hypocrites who got up to real hi jinx themselves back in the day, but have such damn short memories. No wonder im losing interest in the game, I will die a Magpie, but this has gutted me, this last week, just unending utter crap, that some of our fans dont care bout, just let the media shit more and more in our faces. This is my last comment, im done, let the soft cocks have shots at me, but im as mad as hell, and fuming over all this utter hysterical crap. Have a go at me, but i wont read it or respond, so goodluck with that. :o :x :x :x :x :x :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Perhaps the best way to understand this, for Jordan at least, is that the media are an opposition team : you are always playing against them, and they are always attacking, so you need a very tight defence.

Going to Bali and having that recorded was kicking to a contest in a spot where turnover was going to hurt bad. He needs to start to exercise the same judgement in how he disposes of his leisure time as he does with the footy. It is not fair or right, but you can only control the controllables, etc.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

This is superb I reckon. Presenting his social situations in a footballing context would most likely make helluva lot more meaningful sense to Jordy than someone giving generic pointers like 'be careful", "stay away from nightclubs" etc. Hope someone close to him sees this and passes it onto him :)
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Jezza wrote:Fly is a class act.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1012610
Thanks for link Jezza.
I agree, he will back his players.
I was very sure from the start that Fly would not have played any role in our decision to raise the white flag to the media. That was a board level decision.
A great listen. I have newfound admiration for Fly. To say all he wants is for Jordy to come back into the club so that he can wrap his arms around him - well now that's a leader and person I can relate to.

I hope that come what may, Fly will continue to always be on the side of his players and keep them as his number one priority, never placing his obligations to sponsors, club administration etc above their welfare. Maybe then the passion I once had for the black and white will return.