#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Pies2016 wrote:Kicked 40 + goals last year and you don’t lose your ability over night.
I have him in the gun but nothing a really solid pre season ( at Collingwood ) shouldn’t fix.
He kicked 42 goals in 2018, 19 last year and 11 goals this year.
Thomas kicked 38 goals in 2018, 22 goals last year and 4 goals this year.
Something is crook in Tallarook.
Thomas and WHE kicked 80 goals in 2018 and 15 goals in 2020.
That is just WOW!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

This HAS to be the silly season, now some here want to trade the entire bloody team, every man and his dog up for grabs, hey.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I'm all for it. Done sfa in 2 years.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Kicked 40 + goals last year and you don’t lose your ability over night.
I have him in the gun but nothing a really solid pre season ( at Collingwood ) shouldn’t fix.
That is just WOW!
Pretty damning stats those, and I don't think we can blame a lack of form from both players exclusively, its the stagnant way we move the ball....

Don't think we'd get much for WHE
Kill for Collingwood

Post by Kill for Collingwood »

Receiver who has done SFA last 2 seasons.
Why still here????
Woodsman
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

masoncox wrote:
That is just WOW!
Fair to suggest I have him in the gun even more now. He’s now reached a point where his 2020 output could be easily matched by any promising 20 year old and on a lot less money.
Maybe a third club is the best option for both parties. I reckon he would find a new home but there wouldn’t be much coming back.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Reckon he is (as Garry Lyon would say) a "look and see" player. That being when we are up, he is up. Classic icing on the cake player. That being the case, people need to remember when he kicked 42 in 2018, hew was primarily an inside 50 forward. This year he has meandered between half back, wing and half forward.

I'd keep him and deploy him as deep as possible :)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

yeah hes average, no talent....cant take a mark. and hates the contest...

https://youtu.be/phFeYPukHjA?t=357
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

He is definately a player we can trade, we have enough mid-sized forward types, he is not an essential player. Plus, regarding the OP, I agree 100%, he is soft as butter. Doesn't put his head over the ball, doesn't stick tackles, steps out of the way too aften, plenty of situations to show of him in self preservation mode. How would you think he'd go in a game like we saw tonight? You wouldn't even know he was out there. You can put Phillips directly into the same basket and Stephenson may also be there, he gets a 'get out of jail free' card because 'maybe' glandular fever and the betting scandal has had a longer lasting impact on his mental health. If you plan to win big finals, you need 22 warriors, no shrinking violets.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

To answer the above question our same 22 who beat WCE in Perth two weeks ago would have beaten Port Adelaide in Adelaide last night. Last week was an aberration. Anyone who plays sport knows you have good games and bad games. If you trade away players on the basis of their bad games, we wouldn’t be able to field a team.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Outside of his 2018 season he has been poor. I think 2018 was an outlier just as it was for Thomas, should get rid of both. Let’s bring in a small indigenous forward (front, centre, cramming) via the draft that we can develop.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Johnno75 wrote:Outside of his 2018 season he has been poor. I think 2018 was an outlier just as it was for Thomas, should get rid of both. Let’s bring in a small indigenous forward (front, centre, cramming) via the draft that we can develop.
You draft the best forward. You don’t draft a player on the basis that he has indigenous heritage.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:Outside of his 2018 season he has been poor. I think 2018 was an outlier just as it was for Thomas, should get rid of both. Let’s bring in a small indigenous forward (front, centre, cramming) via the draft that we can develop.
You draft the best forward. You don’t draft a player on the basis that he has indigenous heritage.
That is exactly our problem and we have done wonders in drafting “the best forward”.

You draft to fill holes in your list. When was the last time we had a genuine crumbing forward. Krak when we traded him in and before that Neon Leon.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Johnno75 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
That is exactly our problem and we have done wonders in drafting “the best forward”.

You draft to fill holes in your list. When was the last time we had a genuine crumbing forward. Krak when we traded him in and before that Neon Leon.
We've got one, his name is Steele Sidebottom.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

And how/why exactly was Will Hoskin-Elliott spared, who consistently delivers 9/10ths of f$ck all, week after week?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever