#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

He was a very naughty boy, we get that. Needs to make better decisions, tick. But people claiming it was sexual assault and linking Jordy tweaking the nipple of his girlfriend for the night to every ill they have ever been through as if he is the face of evil is just sickening.
Buon Giorno
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Is anyone doing that here?
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Picking at a sore extends the healing process

This needs to be bedded down
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by piffdog »

Yep - lock this thread. I can get my fix of the culture wars elsewhere - I dont need to come to Nick's for mysoginy, the taliban, politics and social commentary.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

For those who are defending Jordy, understand that those who aren’t in his back pocket, are very unlikely to be critical of his Bali incident in isolation.
Without speaking for others, it’s certainly not the reason I’m disappointed with him. It’s his repeat offending, culminating in yet another bad decision or show of poor judgement, that I’m disappointed with. I don’t think my disapproval of him lying to his employer, breaking multiple road laws, having another scrape with the law as recently as 6 months ago and the Bali trip on top of that, make me of the “ woke brigade “. In fact, I would suggest it makes me more acutely aware than most, how these multiple distractions have the POTENTIAL to totally derail a footy season.
There’s a reason why both Kennedy Snr and Pagan regularly quoted “ you need everything going right for you to win a flag “. There’s a reason why one of Mathews favourite quotes was “ harmony helps but friction fractures “.
By all means support Jordy in his time of need yet again but let’s not be to keen to accuse posters of being woke because some on here see a bigger picture than just a night out on the town in Bali.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Do you think Jordy deserves getting abuse hurled at him when he leaves the house? Call him unprofessional and immature, no problem with that, but let’s not tear him apart as if he’s a criminal found guilty of assault, rape or illicit substance possession. Please put it in perspective and think about the wider repercussions of mental health. Pack up the outrage, put it away with the toys, and get behind the team this Sunday. Side by side or gtfo.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Interesting argument and nice to see you supporting women's autonomy over their own bodies. May possibly have more credence if you hadn't given his actions a tick of approval early in the thread before she made her 'very clear statement of consent' though.

I'm also not sure how you disentangle questions about his professionalism and judgement from 'everything else about his night in Bali' regardless of her statement after the fact. The issues are inextricably linked aren't they?
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Pies2016 wrote:For those who are defending Jordy, understand that those who aren’t in his back pocket, are very unlikely to be critical of his Bali incident in isolation.
Without speaking for others, it’s certainly not the reason I’m disappointed with him. It’s his repeat offending, culminating in yet another bad decision or show of poor judgement, that I’m disappointed with. I don’t think my disapproval of him lying to his employer, breaking multiple road laws, having another scrape with the law as recently as 6 months ago and the Bali trip on top of that, make me of the “ woke brigade “. In fact, I would suggest it makes me more acutely aware than most, how these multiple distractions have the POTENTIAL to totally derail a footy season.
There’s a reason why both Kennedy Snr and Pagan regularly quoted “ you need everything going right for you to win a flag “. There’s a reason why one of Mathews favourite quotes was “ harmony helps but friction fractures “.
By all means support Jordy in his time of need yet again but let’s not be to keen to accuse posters of being woke because some on here see a bigger picture than just a night out on the town in Bali.
so well said
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

nomadjack wrote:
I'm really struggling to understand the criticism of how the club has handled this and claims he's been thrown under a bus. Go back and listen to Mark Anderson's presser. The response is measured, acknowledges the progress that Jordy has made, but also notes that in this case he screwed up in a way that doesn't fit with the clubs values, particularly around respect for women. You can argue about how serious a transgression it was, but there is no getting away from the fact that his behaviour was well short of expectations, given his historical context and community expectations. In this context, my take is that criticism of the clubs approach is completely naive and unreasonable. This simplistic crap about throwing him under a bus and 'so much for side by side' makes me want to spew. It also completely ignores the different roles that different parts of the club play. The reality is Anderson, as CEO of a large public organisation, was left with next to no option by Jordys action, particularly in light of the Do Better report and the perfectly reasonable focus on how women are treated in society. Measured criticism of De Goeys behaviour, a suspended fine, and continued support, including Flea's comments yesterday about getting him back to the club and wrapping their arms around him, doesn't look like throwing him under a bus to me. It looks like holding someone to account for their behaviour (and the need to do this doesn't magically disappear because of the very real impact of ADHD on decision making) while providing support for the individual. What more do you want?
stands and applauds!
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Last edited by pietillidie on Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »