#32 Travis Cloke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

mooretreloar wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:Pick in the 70's according to the Hun today.
Travis is taking a pay cut, not the Doggies taking on his contract at all from what I read.
No favours from the Bulldogs in all of this
He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

Connors said he would have been on $450k with us, but is taking a 50% pay cut to play with the Dogs. We won't be paying any of his salary, he will be getting his money over 2 years at the Dogs, rather than 1 year at the Pies.
If it's not costing us anything, (and it shouldn't) play hard ball. He really wants out, shop him around. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to join a team that just won a premiership. if they get him that cheap I guess they figure he's worth the gamble. Or they are smarter than us and know he is.

I'd still like someone to explain to me as simply as they line why we, in 12th don't have a spot for him, and the premiers do.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

It's never been about the money according to Travis but him & Damir shafted us when we renewed his contract going after every last cent.
I've always liked Travis & been one of his biggest supporters but if he wants to walk to the Bullflogs then fk off you traitor!!!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:Pick in the 70's according to the Hun today.
Travis is taking a pay cut, not the Doggies taking on his contract at all from what I read.
No favours from the Bulldogs in all of this
He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

Connors said he would have been on $450k with us, but is taking a 50% pay cut to play with the Dogs. We won't be paying any of his salary, he will be getting his money over 2 years at the Dogs, rather than 1 year at the Pies.
If it's not costing us anything, (and it shouldn't) play hard ball. He really wants out, shop him around. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to join a team that just won a premiership. if they get him that cheap I guess they figure he's worth the gamble. Or they are smarter than us and know he is.

I'd still like someone to explain to me as simply as they line why we, in 12th don't have a spot for him, and the premiers do.
True TP
but lots of posters love throwing plenty of players under the bus.
it seems to be some kind of pagan ceremony.
As for The Dogs.
Their forward line isn't the greatest.
They score a lot of scrappy goals.
I imagine they will play him as a very high forward.
But if they are getting him for pick 79 and a low salary then they would just be dancing in the street.
Last edited by thompsoc on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
think positive

Post by think positive »

and thats what worries me!!
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

True TP
As for The Dogs.
Their forward line isn't that greatest.
But if they are getting him for pick 79 and a low salary then they would just be dancing in the street.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

79. Tell em they're dreamin'!

Whilst that is probably the beginning of the bidding process, its insulting to both the club and Travis' worth.
Get back on top.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote: He has walked out on the contract he had with us, so it is null and void.

True TP
As for The Dogs.
Their forward line isn't the greatest.
And to think that if Cloke had made half of the effort that Reid made to get fit , stay fit and improve his core strength so that he would be more competitive and effective as a player in the modern game, Cloke would have played the season at AFL level.

I just don't get this victim garbage. Cloke is a grown man who demands very high remuneration for his services. At the same time he behaves as a child and either is incapable or not willing to make the hard decisions and make the effort to gain peak fitness.

It looks like the Dogs will to pay what he is worth based upon his recent history. Time to cut our losses and move on.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
themonk

Post by themonk »

Cam wrote:79. Tell em they're dreamin'!

Whilst that is probably the beginning of the bidding process, its insulting to both the club and Travis' worth.
Definitely part of the process but it is a unique situation as freeing up $$$ is our priority. This is why I'm a little disappointed we are not (yet) sniffing around Sam Reid with Sydney trying to hang on to Mitchell.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote: Firstly, do you even read what people write. Where did I say he'd be good bad or indifferent? Where did I say he'd cure his kicking issues? Look at the stats. All I said was that he's a better option than their alternative options (on form to date), and on this years results even Boyd. It was a direct response to people asking why the premiers would even want him.

Secondly, why don't we wait till the deal is done before we get our nickers in a twist about the deal.

WTF ??? do you read what YOU write, you said, GF Performances aside, hes ahead of BOYD, that means hes better than boyd, and redpath etc, I can only believe what you yourself said in print. And even above, you say on this years results hes ahead of boyd, So, hes ahead of a guy who basically won the flag for the dogs off his own boot ?? Yet he spent nearly the whole season in our seconds, and was basically disinterested, yet hes somehow now ahead of boyd ? If you truly believe that , then that is why we need decent compensation for him, and if we get shafted on this I can just hear the laughter from the likes of caro and robbo. :?
Your complete lack of comprehension actually astounds me. Read it again.
I have read it four times, you think cloke is equal or better than Boyd and other forwards there, at present time, your lack of honesty in comprehension astounds me, of what you actually pen, you have your opinion I have mine, lest leave it there, I'm over it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

And I see on ABC 24 news, its saying Cloke is ready to now take a massive pay CUT to get too the Dogs. Maybe old man Demir Cloke has realised with the doggies winning a flag, his sons net worth has just dived, like, do they really need him now ? So, hes told his lad to drop his price, sign of desperation in my view, he was hoping dogs would lose the GF and see his son as the key to a flag, now that's not the case at all, a whole new ball game. Such is life, Travis.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Collingwood: Cloke, one year $400K
Western Bulldogs: Cloke, two years, $250K ($500K)

Hardly a massive 'pay cut'
Est. 2002
think positive

Post by think positive »

themonk wrote:

Definitely part of the process but it is a unique situation as freeing up $$$ is our priority. This is why I'm a little disappointed we are not (yet) sniffing around Sam Reid with Sydney trying to hang on to Mitchell.
Not a bad idea, how is his body though?
themonk

Post by themonk »

think positive wrote:
themonk wrote:

Not a bad idea, how is his body though?
Not great but better than his brother's was 2 years ago, I think he is worth the risk, if we can rebuild one then why not the other.

The mobility of a fit S. Reid & Moore in the forward line excites me.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

FMD they have just won the flag and getting him basically as a free agent at half price.

Hopefully negotiations start at 79 and we manage to get pick 59.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Piesnchess wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
WTF ??? do you read what YOU write, you said, GF Performances aside, hes ahead of BOYD, that means hes better than boyd, and redpath etc, I can only believe what you yourself said in print. And even above, you say on this years results hes ahead of boyd, So, hes ahead of a guy who basically won the flag for the dogs off his own boot ?? Yet he spent nearly the whole season in our seconds, and was basically disinterested, yet hes somehow now ahead of boyd ? If you truly believe that , then that is why we need decent compensation for him, and if we get shafted on this I can just hear the laughter from the likes of caro and robbo. :?
Your complete lack of comprehension actually astounds me. Read it again.
I have read it four times, you think cloke is equal or better than Boyd and other forwards there, at present time, your lack of honesty in comprehension astounds me, of what you actually pen, you have your opinion I have mine, lest leave it there, I'm over it.
You are correct Pnc.