More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Skids wrote:...
This is something that should be taken into consideration when we finally move forward on regulation. Maybe a limit of a few grams of high potency stuff a month and more of the lighter smoke available?
The folic acid example in the article above is a similar idea.
Mr. Scheineson suggested the F.D.A. might use its regulation of folic acid as a road map for CBD. Consumers can buy folic acid, a B vitamin, over the counter for some uses, but it must be prescribed by doctors at higher concentrations.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:Very interesting Stui.

One thing I know is the potency of todays smoke is ten times+ stronger than it used to be. I can only imagine the strengths of some of the weed they are now coming up with where it's legal.

Had a mate grow some really nice plants in his yard. A really mellow old school kind of stoned IE - Share a nice spliff and just get a cruisy little buzz, quite easy to carry on as per normal. He was selling bags (over an Oz) for $200.... nobody was interested. They all want the zombie weed 'killer' that puts you on your arse and makes you a whacked out lazy sloth, who wants to do nothing and costs upwards of $400/oz

It's like comparing knocking back 3 cans of mid strength to smashing a bottle of Rum.

This is something that should be taken into consideration when we finally move forward on regulation. Maybe a limit of a few grams of high potency stuff a month and more of the lighter smoke available?
With all the wowser lobby groups we have here who want to turn us into the future society in Demolition Man where everything bad for you was illegal (salt, Sugar, meat, alcohol, tobacco etc) i have no doubt that that whatever regulations end up being agreed, there will still be ample room for a black market.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The largest ever ice haul discovered on Australian soil has been seized by federal police after almost 1.6 tonnes of the drug were found hidden inside speakers shipped to Melbourne.

Officers from the Australian Border Force discovered the drugs after they asked for sea cargo shipped from Bangkok, Thailand, to be inspected at a container examination facility..........The 1.596 tonnes of ice equates to about 16 million drug deals, with an estimated street value of $1.197 billion.

Another 37 kilograms of heroin was also found, which has a street value of about $18.5 million.
:shock: Over $1Billion in street value. 16 million drug deals.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 51vf9.html

Something of a similar size was intercepted before getting to Australia.

That's a **** of moneywhich i guess would go someway to soothing any conscience the scum who tried to import this may have about all the lives it could have ruined.

These are the scum that need to be incinerated, not the user or the low level dealer who's usually a user themself trying to make a few extra bucks, the cnuts who import or manufacture this poison to make profit at the expense of lives.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

wow, how did they find it? how many lives have they saved? brilliant work.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

stui magpie wrote:
The largest ever ice haul discovered on Australian soil has been seized by federal police after almost 1.6 tonnes of the drug were found hidden inside speakers shipped to Melbourne.

Officers from the Australian Border Force discovered the drugs after they asked for sea cargo shipped from Bangkok, Thailand, to be inspected at a container examination facility..........The 1.596 tonnes of ice equates to about 16 million drug deals, with an estimated street value of $1.197 billion.

Another 37 kilograms of heroin was also found, which has a street value of about $18.5 million.
:shock: Over $1Billion in street value. 16 million drug deals.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 51vf9.html

Something of a similar size was intercepted before getting to Australia.

That's a **** of moneywhich i guess would go someway to soothing any conscience the scum who tried to import this may have about all the lives it could have ruined.

These are the scum that need to be incinerated, not the user or the low level dealer who's usually a user themself trying to make a few extra bucks, the cnuts who import or manufacture this poison to make profit at the expense of lives.
This poison really took off in the mining industry, as it only stays in a users system for 24 - 48hrs. Where as gunja stays in for weeks.

Yet another reason to legalise cannabis.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

It's vicious shit, Ice, and incredibly addictive. It's the withdrawal that makes people ratty more than the high from being on it, at least that's what I understand.

My son got off it, but it took a while, lots of collateral issues and will power I didn't know he had. it phucks people up.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

think positive wrote:how many lives have they saved?
None.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

roar wrote:
think positive wrote:how many lives have they saved?
None.
I think I know why you say that, but I'd like to see your reasoning. Please explain?
roar

Post by roar »

Simply that the supply hasn't dried up because of that bust, and meth heads will still be smoking or injecting the shit same as they would have if there was no bust.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That's what I thought.

While I agree with that, I also take the view that if that load had of hit the streets, prices go down and more first timers give it a go and get hooked.

In my opinion it does save lives because while the addicted won't be impacted except by maybe higher prices, some people may not start which are lives saved.

I'd put the arsewipes who imported this into a coffin, pack every gap with bags of Ice, and feed the coffin into a crematorium. They may get high before they fry.
roar

Post by roar »

I don't think the cheaper price would have attracted more users but I am happy that there will be a lot less of it on the streets because of the bust.
Generally I am for the legalisation of drugs but meth and heroin are tricky ones because of the damage they can do but having said that, there are people who use it recreationally and responsibly so should they be denied?
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Meth comes in different forms.

Ecstasy can be used responsibly and recreationly, Ice can't. Other variants are in between.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I fully expect the Victorian Government to be the first domino to fall, when you're out of money and down on your luck of course you turn to selling drugs.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Not a bad prediction. Danny Boy bet the farm on housing prices not falling and Shorten winning the election. All the construction he already has in train will go over budget big time as the CFMMEU are in it up to their neck.

I expect some ranting at the Federal government first though.